There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock with Trades

• buck
  • Veteran
I see different ways this draft could go.

This is one of ways that I like--and that seem possible.

Although, I do believe that the team will try to use our extra picks to trade up
in the middle of the draft.

TRADE # 1
We give Washington pick # 7 and pick # 76 (our 3rd round pick).
Washington gives us pick #10 and pick # 41.
Washington drafts Jake Locker.

TRADE # 2

We trade our first round pick in 2012 to NE for this year 33rd pick.

DRAFT

1 10th Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 6' 0" 206

2 33rd Justin Houston OLB Georgia 6'3" 270
2 41st Andy Dalton QB TCU 6' 2" 215
2 45th Marvin Austin DT North Carolina 6' 2" 309

4a 108 John Moffitt OG Wisconsin 6' 4" 319
4b 115 Owen Marecic FB Stanford 6' 1" 248

5 141 Brandon Fusco OC Slippery Rock 6' 4" 306

6a 170 Cedric Thornton DE S. Arkansas 6' 4" 300
6b 190 Shiloh Keo SS Idaho 5’ 11” 219

7a 210 Aldrick Robinson WR SMU 5'10" 184
7b 230 Mark LeGree FS Appalachian St. 6' 0" 210
7c 238 Anthony Gray DT Southern Miss 6' 0" 325
7d 249 Josh Gatlin CB N. Dakota State 6' 0" 195

[ Edited by buck on Mar 25, 2011 at 18:34:31 ]
The trades seem VERY realistic and make sense, especially NE loves to make trades like the above.

The players selected are good too, not overly flashy but would really increase our core talent where it lacks, OL, CB, DL

I like it, I would love to get Quinn with #10 and hope a solid CB falls to #33
Giving away next year's first rounder? No thanks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Giving away next year's first rounder? No thanks.

It is not exactly a give away.

But, if Justin Houston has a first round rank our the teams board, I think he would, the trade makes sense.

But, I do understand your point. After all we do not know what next year will bring.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 25, 2011 at 18:46:52 ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It's almost certain that next year's first round will not be traded. Harbaugh would not allow it this year at least.. not for Justin Houston..
Why would Washington move up 3 spots for Locker when he can be had at 10?
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This.

The Titans who are sitting at # 8 do need a QB.

Washington might want to jump in front of them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's almost certain that next year's first round will not be traded. Harbaugh would not allow it this year at least.. not for Justin Houston..

You might be right, but maybe not. I do not know what Harbaugh thinks about trading picks.

Also, we have to remember that when Harbaugh was first introduced it was clear, and it was Harbaugh that made it clear, Trent Baalke is in charge of player selection.
love the draft buck, but am weary of trading a 1st for a 2nd, but heck we did a 1st for a 1st in 2007 with the Staley deal.

That worked out.

If we trade a 1st we better get an impact player like Houston, and not a Alphonso Smith, lol. Sorry Denver.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
love the draft buck, but am weary of trading a 1st for a 2nd, but heck we did a 1st for a 1st in 2007 with the Staley deal.

That worked out.

If we trade a 1st we better get an impact player like Houston, and not a Alphonso Smith, lol. Sorry Denver.

Yeah, I had to think about that trade with NE for a long time.

First, since NE loves to make those trades, it seemed possible.

Second, with the 33 pick we are going to get, or at least should get, a very good player. edit (If I am right, you have Houston at 28. That supports my view that we would get a first round talent with pick #33).

Third I am a bit strange. I like Houston more than Quinn.

Fourth, we might be able to get a first round pick. Maybe, and this is not entirely facetious, maybe we send M. Crabtree to Dallas for their first next year.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 25, 2011 at 20:19:30 ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

That worked out.

Yeah, I had to think about that trade with NE for a long time.

First, since NE loves to make those trades, it seemed possible.

Second, with the 33 pick we are going to get, or at least should get, a very good player.

Third I am a bit strange. I like Houston more than Quinn.

Fourth, we might be able to get a first round pick. Maybe, and this is not entirely facetious, maybe we send M. Crabtree to Dallas for their first next year.

yeah, I like Houston a lot, along with Quinn.

As much as I am a Crabbtree fan, I wouldnt mind it, as long as we get a top WR somehow, or a explosive guy, maybe Sidney Rice?
What in the fart are we gonna do with 13 picks????

Yes you were very creative. Great. But we are not a team that needs 13 picks. Where the hell would we keep them??? Trade 7 of those picks (minimum) and lets get some real f'n talent.

13 pick?! Christ. Because 4 7th rounders work out ALL the time.

13 picks and no first next year = VOMIT

You're better than this Buck.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Yes you were very creative. Great. But we are not a team that needs 13 picks. Where the hell would we keep them??? Trade 7 of those picks (minimum) and lets get some real f'n talent.

I did say Although, I do believe that the team will try to use our extra picks to trade up in the middle of the draft.

My next step is see if I can find a way, to bundle a number of those picks with our third, and move back into the beginning of the second round.

Other than the excess of late round picks, I think that is picks in this possible draft have merit.

By the way, in the thread on Dalton, I did not understand your critique. I asked about that in that thread.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 25, 2011 at 20:52:19 ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

I did say Although, I do believe that the team will try to use our extra picks to trade up in the middle of the draft.

My next step is see if I can find a way, to bundle a number of those picks with our third, and move back into the beginning of the second round.

Other than the excess of late round picks, I think that is picks in this possible draft have merit.

By the way, in the thread on Dalton, I did not understand your critique. I asked about that in that thread.

Oh, I responded...