There are 233 users in the forums

Who do you take in this likely rd. 1 scenario?

Who do you take in this likely rd. 1 scenario?

Each of these guys represents a major need, each of them is likely the 2nd player at their position to come off the board (behind Peterson, Gabbert, and Miller), and they'll all probably be available when we pick at number 7.
theres too many what if situations with those 3 options. I'd roll with cam
I'd first see if a team wanted to trade up for Cam, and I'd trade back if there was a good deal to be had...if there were no takers or sweet deals, I'd go ahead and draft Newton.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 22, 2011 at 23:33:08 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd first see if a team wanted to trade up for Cam, and I'd trade back if there was a good deal to be had...if there were no takers or sweet deals, I'd go ahead and draft Newton.

lol Urban meyer strikes again!
I'd take cam newton in that scenario
Cam Newton baby. The new era will begin!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

lol Urban meyer strikes again!

No way in Hell, Newton might end up being a good QB or a complete bust, but all that aside he just doesn't fit the west coast offense.
Robert Quinn, easily!

We need a 10+ sack pass rusher. That will make our secondary better.

We have not had a 10+ sack player since Carter was traded to the Redskins.

Time to address the pass rush.
Prince def, Newton sucks and Quinn is a douche
Looking down the draft, it appears there will be CBs and QBs in the second and third rounds when the 9ers pick. So, Quinn is the pick because he has the most impact potential, least bust potential of the group. CB would be my second choice because I think Newton is no better than the second round QBs and Harbaugh can turn a good college QB he believes in into a good NFL QB.

But, if Harbaugh really likes Newton all bets are off and he takes him because he believes he can be a franchise QB.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 23, 2011 at 07:11:21 ]

• JDog
  • Veteran
Prince, or trade.
Dont trust Cam for WC offense and Robert Quins medical stance scares the bajesus out of me.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Robert Quinn, easily!

We need a 10+ sack pass rusher. That will make our secondary better.

We have not had a 10+ sack player since Carter was traded to the Redskins.

Time to address the pass rush.

This.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
1. Try and trade down
2. Quinn
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Prince def, Newton sucks and Quinn is a douche

huh???
I don't want Newton...he's a high risk/high reward player, not really who I want running Harbaugh's WCO. There was no mention of Peterson...he could still be there at #7. If not, then I'd prefer Baalke trade down to get Ponder.
Share 49ersWebzone