There are 240 users in the forums

stevers lockout top 100

While waiting for the court date and the combine, i thought this is a good moment to put out my latest top 100. I hope i didn't miss anybody. Have fun with it and kill me with your oppinions

1 P.Peterson CB
2 M.Dareus DE
3 B.Gabbert QB
4 V.Miller DE/OLB
5 AJ Green WR
6 D.Bowers DE
7 N.Fairley DT
8 C.Newton QB
9 R.Quinn DE/OLB
10 P.Amukamara CB
11 J.Jones WR
12 C.Jordan DT/DE
13 JJ.Watt DE
14 T.Smith OT
15 A.Smith DE
16 A.Castonzo OT
17 R.Kerrigan DE/OLB
18 M.Ingram RB
19 N.Solder OT
20 G.Carimi OT
21 C.Liuget DT
22 P.Taylor DT
23 A.Clayborn DE
24 M.Pouncey OG
25 J.Smith CB
26 J.Houston DE/OLB
27 T.Smith WR
28 J.Locker QB
29 C.Heyward DE/DT
30 A.Ayers OLB
31 R.Mallet QB
32 J.Baldwin WR

33 M.Wilkerson DE/DT
34 D.Sherrod OT
35 B.Harris CB
36 S.Paea DT
37 M.Wilson MLB
38 B.Reed OLB
39 C.Ponder QB
40 R.Moore S
41 K.Rudolph TE
42 A.Williams CB
43 M.Leshoure RB
44 L.Hankerson WR
45 D.Watkins OG
46 R.Williams RB
47 C.Ballard DE
48 R.Cobb WR
49 C.Kaepernick QB
50 S.Wisniewski C
51 T.Young WR
52 B.Ijalana OG
53 M.Austin DT
54 S.Acho DE
55 C.Brown CB
56 J.Sheard DE/OLB
57 R.Hudson OG
58 B.Carter OLB
59 M.Cannon OG
60 Ras-I Dowling CB
61 D.Nevis DT
62 D.House CB
63 G.Little WR
64 A.Dalton QB

65 D.Moch DE/OLB
66 A.Bailey DE/DT
67 J.Jernigan WR
68 O.Franklin OT
69 B.Burton CB
70 Q.Carter S
71 Q.Sturdivant OLB
72 L.Kendricks TE
73 C.Boling OG
74 M.Herzlich OLB
75 G.Jones OLB
76 J.Pinkston OT
77 S.Vereen RB
78 K.Ellis DT
79 D.McDaniel S
80 M.Foster OLB
81 J.Todman RB
82 D.Thomas RB
83 J.Casey DT
84 J.Moffit OG
85 J.Carpenter OT
86 K.Hunter RB
87 T.Sash S
88 L.Stocker TE
89 J.Powe DT
90 D.Murray RB
91 J.Patrick CB
92 DJ.Williams TE
93 J.Rodgers RB
94 KJ Wright OLB
95 K.Sheppard OLB
96 D.Love OT
97 R.Carmichael CB
98 R.Sands S
99 D.Locke RB
100 C.Culliver CB

Btw, i don't think the niners will pick up Fairley and Watkins, this is how i think the guys will stack up. So please no "The niners will not take Watkins, you are an idiot"-posts

[ Edited by stever on Mar 20, 2011 at 10:35:49 ]
Hm, not a single opinion on this ? So it has to be right on ;)
I'm cool with it. I know a lot of people will end up busting because thats how it goes but your list looks good. On a side note... I don't know why i feel so strongly against Kerrigan but man i think that guy is going to be a bust.
Nice effort, think Gabbert, Bowers, and Miller are way too high.
Originally posted by Lockout:

for what reasons ? Gabbert looks like the saftest qb pick in a qb needy draft, Bowers was a monster pass rusher and those pass rushers are picked very early in every draft and Miller has been mentioned as the #1 pick by some guys and is the best 3-4 OLB available for all the 3-4 teams
Originally posted by stever:

for what reasons ? Gabbert looks like the saftest qb pick in a qb needy draft, Bowers was a monster pass rusher and those pass rushers are picked very early in every draft and Miller has been mentioned as the #1 pick by some guys and is the best 3-4 OLB available for all the 3-4 teams

I'll re-post my thoughts on Gabbert and Miller from my own big board thread.

Von Miller- Not impressed at all. He has one move. And that's fly as fast as he can off the edge and try to beat the OT with speed. This worked in college but in the NFL he's going to have to bring a different move to the table. He also gets abused in the run game, he struggles mightily at the POA and takes plays off.

Blaine Gabbert- Hype machine. Played in a 1 read offense with simple terminology. He has a great arm, but his touch is lacking. He's inaccurate on deep throws and short throws. His pocket presence and decision making leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't progress through reads quickly. The pure arm is intriguing but the flaws with him cast my doubts. He's your typical boom or bust type, and that's where 3rd rounders belong. There's no in between with him. He's either going to develop the other skills needed at the position or he's gonna fail miserably.

Bowers looks like a middle 2nd rounder to me as well, He's stout against the run but I don't see his pass rush skill set transitioning that well to the NFL.
Originally posted by stever:

I'll re-post my thoughts on Gabbert and Miller from my own big board thread.

Von Miller- Not impressed at all. He has one move. And that's fly as fast as he can off the edge and try to beat the OT with speed. This worked in college but in the NFL he's going to have to bring a different move to the table. He also gets abused in the run game, he struggles mightily at the POA and takes plays off.

Blaine Gabbert- Hype machine. Played in a 1 read offense with simple terminology. He has a great arm, but his touch is lacking. He's inaccurate on deep throws and short throws. His pocket presence and decision making leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't progress through reads quickly. The pure arm is intriguing but the flaws with him cast my doubts. He's your typical boom or bust type, and that's where 3rd rounders belong. There's no in between with him. He's either going to develop the other skills needed at the position or he's gonna fail miserably.

Bowers looks like a middle 2nd rounder to me as well, He's stout against the run but I don't see his pass rush skill set transitioning that well to the NFL.

Reasonable thinking, but here are my opinions :

Miller doesn't have too many pass rush moves right now, this is true, but if you just look at his speed and his ability to drop in coverage, you know that he will find his place. Its all about potential here and the worst thing you get is a Manny Lawson like player (who went in the middle of the 1rst round a few years ago)

Gabbert : Just look at how many teams need a qb and there will me one team of them that likes him. Who are the other options ? The only real other option is Cam Newton up there and he is even more of a risk. Gabbert showed that he can play under center, Gabbert can make every throw, Gabbert has a cannon arm, so he will be selected early. Just based on statistics ;)

Bowers : He is a complete package imo. He is stout against the run, what makes him a differnce to many other pure pass rushers. He can bring pressure, too. This is the kind of player every 4-3 defense wants to have at the edge. Maybe he is a little too high. But Derrick Morgan, who fits the same mold was picked at #16 last year and i don't think Bowers will fall this far.
Share 49ersWebzone