There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dangling Peterson could push us over the top?

Originally posted by owiseone:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I stopped reading at dangling peters

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

So....you're wanting to fill THREE holes...with basically just one pick? Bold!
overkill thats real funny you have talent.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Could dangling a trade for Peterson at #7 to the patriots for their 2 first rounders and a trade of 2nd rounders put the 49ers over the top in terms of talent to fill some holes in our defensive back field and pass-rushers and quaterback? Let me know what you think about this trade scenario!

I think that the team should not worry about getting over the top in this draft.

The team needs to build.

If Peterson, often considered the best player in the draft, is there the team should take him.

After that, we worry about the best player with our next pick.

I think that we need to think about using our extra pick to move up---to move up to get a better player.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 20, 2011 at 20:59:45 ]
i dont know if they would do it but we could fleece some team for peterson. say we make a draft day deal for them to draft Amukamura if we like him better as a corner and then get their first next year or a crap load of picks this year and move back into the first for someone else. it could happen, i want us to draft peterson really bad but if the right trade is there you have to make it. Prince is pretty damn good too.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

The best is his screen name and this exchange!

With those three picks we could get Prince, houston the passrusher and at 33 we could get our quaterback dalton these three picks would put us over the top!
Originally posted by RDB4216:

So....you're wanting to fill THREE holes...with basically just one pick? Bold!

Not just one pick but arguably the best pllayer in the draft! That's why if he falls to us we will use him as trade bait! At least I hope!
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

The best is his screen name and this exchange!
What's incredible to me is that no one seems to get the joke here. Let me help...he wasn't agreeing with you, "owiseone"! It was all just sexual double talk. My god, are you sure you're not a cowboy fan?
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Peterson is there, we have to strongly consider drafting him. Pats are not stupid to offer two 1st rounders and a swap of 2nd rounder for 1 player who plays CB

Yeah but if we can get two first for peterson then we've got to consider the move!

But why would the Pats make that move? They are not known for jumping up, they're more known for moving back, thus giving them more picks......

Than again, if there is a rookie salary cap/structure............maybe that would change the way the Patriots draft?

We'll isn't it amazing that today all I heard on the nfl network was how the pats was looking to dangle one of their first rounders to trade up in the draft! Hate to say I told you soooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Peterson is there, we have to strongly consider drafting him. Pats are not stupid to offer two 1st rounders and a swap of 2nd rounder for 1 player who plays CB

Yeah but if we can get two first for peterson then we've got to consider the move!

But why would the Pats make that move? They are not known for jumping up, they're more known for moving back, thus giving them more picks......

Than again, if there is a rookie salary cap/structure............maybe that would change the way the Patriots draft?

We'll isn't it amazing that today all I heard on the nfl network was how the pats was looking to dangle one of their first rounders to trade up in the draft! Hate to say I told you soooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that were the case you wouldn't have said anything.
what you talking about willis!
you mean the wise one doesn't know?
Originally posted by backontop:
you mean the wise one doesn't know?

We'l don't get mad at me for being the wise one on this particular topic! I just know the pats are not that far away from being superbowl contenders and the 49ers are probably 7 players away!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont know if they would do it but we could fleece some team for peterson. say we make a draft day deal for them to draft Amukamura if we like him better as a corner and then get their first next year or a crap load of picks this year and move back into the first for someone else. it could happen, i want us to draft peterson really bad but if the right trade is there you have to make it. Prince is pretty damn good too.

I also like Prince, but even if both were available, the spoiler would be Dallas. Never help a Division rival or Dallas!

Your original statement was trading with New England for their two picks in the first and a second for our first number 7 overall. People said the Patriots don't move up like that.

I read from several other sources that the Patriots are looking to trade their 28th pick of the first round only, meaning they are trading down, like a 2nd and 3rd rounder for their first rounder. so they are not trading up, but down. One of the teams that has shown interest is said to be the Chargers. So it is not as you said. It is as others have said, they look to aquire more picks.