LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Dangling Peterson could push us over the top?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by owiseone:
Could dangling a trade for Peterson at #7 to the patriots for their 2 first rounders and a trade of 2nd rounders put the 49ers over the top in terms of talent to fill some holes in our defensive back field and pass-rushers and quaterback? Let me know what you think about this trade scenario!

1. New England doesn't trade up. This is about the 9th year in a row fans have mocked NE trading up and it never happens. They're smarter than the rest of the league. If they don't need a pick this year they'll trade that pick for a pick next year.

2. New England is in the market for a pass rusher not a corner. They drafted their corner last year and he's a stud.

3. You don't pass on Peterson.

They'll do it for Peterson you watch!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I stopped reading at dangling peters

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

It all depends on who the players turn out to be now doesn't it? Lets say peterson is Revis or Dieon, and the others are Lawson, Druckenmiller, and another starter or average player, would have a game changer like Revis and Sanders.

You do not want to get into what if's do you? What if Peterson become tyrone drakeford? do you still want to get him? I'd rather take my chances with 3 of the first 33 picks then to just settle on one possibly good player with many more needs!

Peterson has way too much talent to become Tyrone Drakeford. He has the best feet in the draft, he's got a ton of athleticism, great size, and good hands and pretty good hips. That's like saying "yeah but what if Peyton Manning turns into Derek AndersoN!?"

I bet you were a ryan leaf fan to right! I bet you thought he'd be good to right! Yeah the draft is a total crap shoot you never know what you are really getting!

lol no I was just a kid when Ryan Leaf was getting picked, I was like 7 or 8. But I mean, I feel like I've seen enough of Peterson to say he wont turn out to be Tyrone Drakeford dude. QB is a different animal since it involves leadership, decision making, and ability to react and go through reads quickly. CB is a way different position because the stuff they do in college doesnt change nearly as much as the way a QB goes about things.

TO be honest, I've suggested trading back before. But not if Peterson is there.

You can never can't say you don't know how he'll turn out........Peterson may end up like R.W.McQuarters or a Pacman Jones. You never know what will happen. Peterson is just one player, if you can come away with 2 or 3 really good players for just one, you do the trade.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

It all depends on who the players turn out to be now doesn't it? Lets say peterson is Revis or Dieon, and the others are Lawson, Druckenmiller, and another starter or average player, would have a game changer like Revis and Sanders.

You do not want to get into what if's do you? What if Peterson become tyrone drakeford? do you still want to get him? I'd rather take my chances with 3 of the first 33 picks then to just settle on one possibly good player with many more needs!

Peterson has way too much talent to become Tyrone Drakeford. He has the best feet in the draft, he's got a ton of athleticism, great size, and good hands and pretty good hips. That's like saying "yeah but what if Peyton Manning turns into Derek AndersoN!?"

I bet you were a ryan leaf fan to right! I bet you thought he'd be good to right! Yeah the draft is a total crap shoot you never know what you are really getting!

lol no I was just a kid when Ryan Leaf was getting picked, I was like 7 or 8. But I mean, I feel like I've seen enough of Peterson to say he wont turn out to be Tyrone Drakeford dude. QB is a different animal since it involves leadership, decision making, and ability to react and go through reads quickly. CB is a way different position because the stuff they do in college doesnt change nearly as much as the way a QB goes about things.

You can never can't say you don't know how he'll turn out........Peterson may end up like R.W.McQuarters or a Pacman Jones. You never know what will happen. Peterson is just one player, if you can come away with 2 or 3 really good players for just one, you do the trade.

Exactly! I could not have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rarely have the niners flopped on a high pick (top ten-11) except for AS. What number of the first round was drakeford drafted again? Then you will see my point. BTW-yes Walsh did that, but walsh is a different breed, and even he flopped from time to time. In the great draft where he traded back tons of times-the niners had already won two SB. Walsh also traded up and stayed pat, not only moved back. there is a time and place for everything. It all depends who is available and who gives up what. In your situation-I'd take PP or Miller before consdiering alternatives. Again Walsh is not here!

You must have been asleep when we drafted Reggie Mcgrew and Rashaun Woods and Alex smith and JJ Stokes and Jim Drunkermiller need I list anymore top draft busts of all times!!
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Over the last 10 years top rated corners have been about as safe as it gets in the draft. You can just as easily end up with a bust and 2 role players with a trade. Me personally I want the elite player.
Could dangling a trade for Peterson at #7 to the patriots for their 2 first rounders and a trade of 2nd rounders put the 49ers over the top in terms of talent to fill some holes in our defensive back field and pass-rushers and quaterback? Let me know what you think about this trade scenario!

1. New England doesn't trade up. This is about the 9th year in a row fans have mocked NE trading up and it never happens. They're smarter than the rest of the league. If they don't need a pick this year they'll trade that pick for a pick next year.

2. New England is in the market for a pass rusher not a corner. They drafted their corner last year and he's a stud.

Only if you become their GM by draft time, because that doesn't sound like a NE draft day to me.

Only if you become their GM by draft time, because that doesn't sound like a NE draft day to me.

Remember that NE is probably one or two players away on defense and Peterson would fulfill one of those spots! Sf is not one or two players away like NE, so it would make sense to do this trade and this would give NE a ty Law type of player that they have missed!! If Sf have peterson looking at them at #7 Ne will come a calling you can mark my words!!
If we have a chance to take Peterson at 7 and we give him away.....im gonna quit watching football.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
If we have a chance to take Peterson at 7 and we give him away.....im gonna quit watching football.

three players in the top 33 is a steal my friend!

Remember that NE is probably one or two players away on defense and Peterson would fulfill one of those spots! Sf is not one or two players away like NE, so it would make sense to do this trade and this would give NE a ty Law type of player that they have missed!! If Sf have peterson looking at them at #7 Ne will come a calling you can mark my words!!

New England's secondary is fine. If they draft Peterson they're still 2 players away because they have no pass rushers. Literally Tully Banta Cain is their best pass rusher. They're secondary is young but good and improving. Their front 7 is ageing and untalented.

Take off your homer glasses go to a Patriots boarld and tell me how many people agree with you. Just because you the Niner fan wants it to happen because it helps us out dramatically doesn't mean New England's gonna think that way.

Kurt Dangle.
A square is four right dangles.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
If Peterson is there at #7 the Niners should praise whichever god they believe in, run to the podium as soon as we are on the clock and draft him without hesitation. Peterson is an absolute stud.

New England's secondary is fine. If they draft Peterson they're still 2 players away because they have no pass rushers. Literally Tully Banta Cain is their best pass rusher. They're secondary is young but good and improving. Their front 7 is ageing and untalented.

Take off your homer glasses go to a Patriots boarld and tell me how many people agree with you. Just because you the Niner fan wants it to happen because it helps us out dramatically doesn't mean New England's gonna think that way.

Nothing is absolute but I got a funny feeling that Billicheck is drooling over this guy!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
A square is four right dangles.

how many dangles make a cube?
Share 49ersWebzone