There are 205 users in the forums

Dangling Peterson could push us over the top?

Could dangling a trade for Peterson at #7 to the patriots for their 2 first rounders and a trade of 2nd rounders put the 49ers over the top in terms of talent to fill some holes in our defensive back field and pass-rushers and quaterback? Let me know what you think about this trade scenario!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If Peterson is there, we have to strongly consider drafting him. Pats are not stupid to offer two 1st rounders and a swap of 2nd rounder for 1 player who plays CB

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:06:40 ]
No why would they i think they have a bigger need at wr. maybe trade up for A.J. green/Julio Jones
I stopped reading at dangling peters
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Peterson is there, we have to strongly consider drafting him. Pats are not stupid to offer two 1st rounders and a swap of 2nd rounder for 1 player who plays CB

Yeah but if we can get two first for peterson then we've got to consider the move!
Originally posted by valrod33:

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!
Pats never overdraft just for one guy. They stockpile their draft pick and move back. They would never trade their two 1st rounder or 2nd to move up. The only trade you would see is if they move back to gain more picks.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Pats never overdraft just for one guy. They stockpile their draft pick and move back. They would never trade their two 1st rounder or 2nd to move up. The only trade you would see is if they move back to gain more picks.

This guy can push them over the jets and give them their Revis island!
If Peterson is there at #7 the Niners should praise whichever god they believe in, run to the podium as soon as we are on the clock and draft him without hesitation. Peterson is an absolute stud.

What's next..."Hanging Phallus" ?

Originally posted by owiseone:

Why valrod? we are not one cornerback away from going to the playoffs! We are about five to seven players away from getting to the main game!

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Talk of dangling peters just makes some ppl uncomfortable. Especially when you're talking about a big prospect with the size and speed to really make a deep impact on a huge hole that we desperately need to fill.

Sure, ppl may be envious enough to trade up, but could we get the same satisfaction from smaller prospects - even if there are two of them? I guess you could say hitting two holes as its advantages, but it all depends on what you are in to.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

Bra you get what I am trying to say! Peterson is one person and if we can get two number one's and the 33rd pick, first in the second round, then I would do it in a heart beat!!!!! Then Harbaugh can get a passrusher a corner and the quaterback he wants in the first 33 picks.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

The best is his screen name and this exchange!
Share 49ersWebzone