LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

Von Miller WANTS to be drafted by the DALLAS COWBOYS

Jerry was a Cowboy fan too, as much as I hate knowing that.
Texas produces more NFL players than any other state, so it's logical to believe that a majority of NFL players would have been Cowboy fans growing up. Big deal, if he's a professional he'll play hard no matter what uniform he wears. STILL WANT!
Cowboys not wasting their time with Miller whos a hot prospect and wont be on the board when they pick. lol.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If I am his agent, I would not be happy with that interview. It is one thing to admit to being a fan of another team, but his comments were going a step further, hoping to convince them to draft him. You don't want a team wondering if he will really want to be on their team if they draft him - in the case of a tie on their board, they might go with the other player.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I guess making money is not an issue with Miller! I don't want a player who is homesick and lacks drive. I hope we don't draft him!
I think all players grow up loving their childhood team and wish they could be drafted by them like Brady and Rodgers with the Niners. Ultimately though, he's professional enough to give it there all for the team that drafted them. Hey, VM may even get pissed at the Boys for not even acknowledging him.

I could see VM go off against the Boys when they come to town...if we draft him.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I think all players grow up loving their childhood team and wish they could be drafted by them like Brady and Rodgers with the Niners. Ultimately though, he's professional enough to give it there all for the team that drafted them. Hey, VM may even get pissed at the Boys for not even acknowledging him.

I could see VM go off against the Boys when they come to town...if we draft him.

I don't care what team he wanted to player for. I want the best player we can get at the 7th pick that will be a great player and won't end up in jail for shooting himself or some dog fighting issues!
Pass rushers aren't a big need for Dallas...secondary, DE, OL are. A lot of players grow up worshiping a particular team and would like to get drafted by them, but there are 31 other teams in the league, and a player of his capability will likely be taken well before Dallas picks. Personally, I'd rather have Quinn...because I see him as more versatile, having the ability to play OLB and put his hand down and play DE.
im sure willis did too since he grew up rooting for them. it all changes when another team starts paying him. same with VD, i think i read he was a skins fan but the dude cried when we drafted him and signed an extension so he loves the niners now.

I wanted to be drafted by the 49ers....look how that turned out.
Share 49ersWebzone