LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 337 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk
Report: Ryan Mallett's stock is falling like Clausen's last year http://bit.ly/f5IlGK
Anybody take the test to see what they projected to? For a CB as the article says, if your are to smart, you might over analyse whenever you make a mistake and let it affect your subsequent plays. In football when it is game day, you read the physical position and movement and tendencies and not a tech manual.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Two words... Neon Deon. He walked out of the wonderlic test that the Giants were administering and said "Ill be gone before you guys get to your pick."

The Wonderlic doesn't matter for positions that deal more with athleticism. Look at Cromartie... dude can't even remember the names of his children and yet is a decent corner.

There are so many factors that come into play in learning development... primarily interest level. If a player doesn't care about the test then he won't put in the time to get ready for it. But take that same player who loves football and tell him to learn a defensive scheme and they will know that sh*t inside and out.

I don't remember the story very well but I thought it wasn't Sanders and it wasn't the wonderlic test but just team questions.

I do agree though the test doesn't mean much.
Originally posted by lamontb:
AJ Green score was even lower than Peterson

10 > 9
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Playing CB is not the same as QB or OL, where intelligence tends to be far more significant. In many cases, CB's are simply locked onto a receiver; they don't have to make many reads, or learn an extensive playbook.

So, the number, while frighteningly low, it should not impact his play.

What did A.J. Green score?

Green scored a 10. For RB's, CB's and WR's, the number does not mean much to me. However, for QB's, OL, and LB's, I feel the number has some merit.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

RT @Kaepernick10 Done with the photo shoot now on to this workout. > Do NOT keep Mr. Harbaugh & Co. waiting.

Is it just me or does Maiocco not like Kaep? He's not very subtle about that.

He just doesn't think hes a right fit for Harbaugh's offense. Same as me.
Playing CB is not the same as QB or OL, where intelligence tends to be far more significant. In many cases, CB's are simply locked onto a receiver; they don't have to make many reads, or learn an extensive playbook.

I don't want my corners to think. I want them to react. You're right on here.

However, if Peterson had to switch to safety, i'd prefer him to be smarter.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

If Peterson had to switch to safety, I'd prefer we not draft him.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

If Peterson had to switch to safety, I'd prefer we not draft him.

Amen. We need CB more then a Safety. That's why I'm on the Prince bandwagon more then PP's fan float. I think Prince is more of the true CB.
I'd have no problem w/Peterson...he may be the most instinctive and best all-around football player in this draft. Let's not forget he's also a mad KR...so, in that sense is a complete player. That said, I really don't see him falling to us...and in that event, I'm hoping for one of the defensive studs, or a trade down to get Ponder. There are still good CB's in 2nd and 3rd rds.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

RT @Kaepernick10 Done with the photo shoot now on to this workout. > Do NOT keep Mr. Harbaugh & Co. waiting.

I guess there's no changing your mind.

Although the way I look at it, Kaep has the intelligence, arm strength, accuracy, and mobility to play in any offense. Harbs would just have to fix his mechanics.
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

Although the way I look at it, Kaep has the intelligence, arm strength, accuracy, and mobility to play in any offense. Harbs would just have to fix his mechanics.

That's what bothers me about him. If he's selected how long will it take for him to reform his mechanics, and be comfortable.
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

That's what bothers me about him. If he's selected how long will it take for him to reform his mechanics, and be comfortable.

It may take about a year to develop, but Kaep is known as someone who does well in the classroom, and I'm sure that Harbaugh would do well with him.
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

It may take about a year to develop, but Kaep is known as someone who does well in the classroom, and I'm sure that Harbaugh would do well with him.

Sometimes mechanics are not soo easily fixed. Sometimes qbs can't change their mechanics and still be effective. His delivery it's funky. I don't like it at all, despite the velocity he it's able to generate. It worries me. Maybe I'm making more of it, but I don't see the advantage of Kato over a guy like Dalton or Stanzi.
Some positions need some smarts like QB, Center, Mike, FS as these guys typically make calls for some or all of the offense or defense... other than that it just doesn't matter and it comes down to what they can do on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone