LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by valrod33:
NFL teams reportedly taking Jimmy Smith off their board | National Football Post http://t.co/uTvYq3Z via @ravensinsider

Could be good for us if Peterson isn't available in the 1st.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maiocco tweet

Harbaugh is at tcu pro day, watching dalton

awesome, I like that kid!

Me too and the same with Kaep. I am still wondering if we will trade down to get two picks in the second while still landing a starter for our D. If Gabbert or Newton falls to us, I can see Wash or better yet, Minny, trading up for one of them.

Then we can draft Jordan or Watt in the first for our starting 5-tech LDE, draft Reed as our starting WILL LOLB and our new franchise QB in the second. Or, trade back even further so that we can have enough to get back into the first if they want that QB badly enough.

Lots of options though...

If certain players are no longer available at 7, then I say we trade down for an extra second. This draft is far deeper in talent compared to last year, in my opinion. I see at least 4 rounds worth of great players before any big drop-off, compared to about 3 last year.

I agree wholeheartedly. Having three players in the first two rounds in this draft would allow us to fill three of our four most pressing needs in QB, CB and OLB. I can see Peterson, Miller and Dareus off the board with Gabbert landing on our laps. With the Titans next, I can see either Wash or Minny jumping up to grab him, maybe even the Dolphins.

Again, I believe we have more options. Still, Baalke could go Rambo and jump to #4 for his #1 guy if he's still available.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
NFL teams reportedly taking Jimmy Smith off their board | National Football Post http://t.co/uTvYq3Z via @ravensinsider

Does this guy have a long wrap sheet or some other issues not in this article? Hard to believe that this guy has fallen completely off of teams draft board b/c he got caught with alcohol as a freshman. Gotta be something else.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Does this guy have a long wrap sheet or some other issues not in this article? Hard to believe that this guy has fallen completely off of teams draft board b/c he got caught with alcohol as a freshman. Gotta be something else.

Can't find an article but I remember hearing it on TV that he's had some attitude issues. Other than that, it's been underage drinking and a failed drug test.

I'm not buying it. It may keep him from being drafted in the top 20, but worst case, I can't see him falling outside the top 50. He projects to be a starting CB and he has solid cover skills and good size. He's easily worth a 2nd.
Originally posted by strickac:

I'm not buying it. It may keep him from being drafted in the top 20, but worst case, I can't see him falling outside the top 50. He projects to be a starting CB and he has solid cover skills and good size. He's easily worth a 2nd.

for a team starved with with secondary issues i wouldnt mind taking him in the 2nd
RavensInsider

Source: The Denver Broncos are conducting a private workout today with Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller: http://bit.ly/dPFKxo

maybe they dont like the bad tape on Bowers?

Can't find an article but I remember hearing it on TV that he's had some attitude issues. Other than that, it's been underage drinking and a failed drug test.

Well that's good as it seems that there isn't a pattern of him causing problems. Just the way this article reads they talk as if he's a convicted felon, or has had run in after run in withe the police or something. This might be draft politics.

Well that's good as it seems that there isn't a pattern of him causing problems. Just the way this article reads they talk as if he's a convicted felon, or has had run in after run in withe the police or something. This might be draft politics.

Yea I don't get it either. He was open about the mistakes he's made and during his interview at the combine, said that he has matured as a person. He's also very confident in his abilities to play corner in the NFL. I still see him getting selected towards the end of the 1st, early 2nd.
An offseason turned upside down will continue to get odder.

2011 NFL Draft

NFL The Carolina Panthers are officially on the clock. Stay tuned to the Scouts Inc. blog for all your NFL draft coverage. Blog Insider

• Blog: NFL draft blog
• Mel Kiper: Mock Draft 3.0 Insider | Index
• Todd McShay: Latest mock draft Insider
• Draft Home | Draft on Twitter
• Round 1 order

The NFL Players Association is putting into place a plan that would prevent each top college prospect from attending next month's draft in New York, according to multiple league sources. The NFLPA already has contacted 17 top prospects that ordinarily would have received an invitation to attend the draft and informed them not to go.

Thus, when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces the name of the first player selected, the player will not walk on to the stage at Radio City Music Hall as has been the custom. The player will not be there to do interviews with ESPN or NFL Network. The draft will go on, but not in the manner in which it has been conducted before.

"As of right now, this is 100 percent happening," said one source familiar with the Players' Association thinking. "This is going down."

The Players Association even has gone so far as to consider placing the players on another competing network to do post-pick interviews, though no final decisions have been made. Another source said that, in this day and age, it's possible that the top prospects also could appear on a social media network platform, only.

Yet another source suggested the NFL still could try to pay the incoming rookies to attend the draft, but it is something the league never has done in the past.

The bigger issue is that teams feel he doesn't take personal responsibility for actions in the past, and is blaming others. I guess there is little to no humility in him, a lack of accountability for personal actions, and we usually know this leads to police blotter down the road.

Smith has some serious red flags regarding character, including how hard he will work on and off the field to make himself a good football player.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 14, 2011 at 11:00:40 ]
Von Miller to meet with Bills and Browns

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6217195
I know this isn't rumors or news, but Matt Barrows' most recent mock has us selecting Patrick Peterson with our pick (over Von Miller who was still on the board, which I'm fine with). Barrows' also has up trading back into the end of the 1st round to select Colin Kaepernick
Schefter tweeted an article that the panthers should be considering peterson for the first pick, what do you guys think.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Schefter tweeted an article that the panthers should be considering peterson for the first pick, what do you guys think.

It's possible. But I can see them targeting Dareus more.
Share 49ersWebzone