There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about some DeMarco Murray love?

I remember watching this guy for a full game vs Texas Tech (the week after Crabtree scored the game winning TD vs Texas) and watched him just own them like it was nobodies buisness. This guy is probally my favorite RB in the draft. He has had some injuries through his college tenure and that hurts his stock (alot like Ponder IMO). He ran 4.38 and 4.4 at the combine (4.41 official), and benched 225 LBS for 21 reps. I would love to pick this guy up in the 3rd if available. The play at 2:27 is what really turned me on to him.

I've always thought that he's a fine player... with his size and catching ability, he sure can be a WCO type of back.. he's more of a natural pass catching back than Gore, in fact, we haven't had a back like him since Ricky Watters.. and i dont mind drafting this kid in the 3rd or 4th round either..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I've always thought that he's a fine player... with his size and catching ability, he sure can be a WCO type of back.. he's more of a natural pass catching back than Gore, in fact, we haven't had a back like him since Ricky Watters.. and i dont mind drafting this kid in the 3rd or 4th round either..

good comparison never thought of that.
guess there is no love lol. I think he is the best RB in the draft (along with Ingram) barring injury.
One of my favorites but we are probably looking for a 5-7th round #3 RB and not a 2nd, maybe 3rd round RB.
He is my favorite RB prospect. Has a chance to be a total gamebreaker out of the backfield.
He's a stud, but he's made of glass...he gets hurt all the time.

btw the TTU vs OU asskicking game was two weeks after TTU and Texas..I should know, I was there
Originally posted by cestmoi:
He's a stud, but he's made of glass...he gets hurt all the time.

btw the TTU vs OU asskicking game was two weeks after TTU and Texas..I should know, I was there

OK my bad... For some reason I thought that but some reason I started to reconsider and thought it was a week. That game was a massacre. I think alot of the reason he gets hurt is because he welcomes contact and runs into it so violently.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Mar 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM ]
made of glass?? u can say the same thing with Gore.. the guy just cant stay healthy.. and im talkin all the way back when he was at the "U"....

If he last after the 3rd round, i bet Shanahan will end up drafting Murray..
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I've always thought that he's a fine player... with his size and catching ability, he sure can be a WCO type of back.. he's more of a natural pass catching back than Gore, in fact, we haven't had a back like him since Ricky Watters.. and i dont mind drafting this kid in the 3rd or 4th round either..

good comparison never thought of that.

Nice
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,191
perfect WCO back, but like mentioned earlier, ask anyone who follows the Big12, he can't stay on the field.
Just found this other video of him. Man watching this guy reminds me alot of Ricky Watters. If this guy is there in rounds 3 or 4 then he could be a steal of the draft if he remains healthy. People harp on his injury history look at Gore coming out of college. This guy would be a 1st rounder easy if he would have stayed healthy. I would love to have him as a WCO back. Keep in mind this is Gore's contract year but also Trent Richardson and La'Michael James could be available next year. I am just saying I think this guy could be a huge steal. I love his cutting ability, receiving skills, and burst of straight away speed. He is such a tough runner as well.

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Apr 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM ]
Huge fan of Murray (I even picked him in the recent divisional mock draft)...for those who believe he can't stay on the field, I remind you of the college career of one Frank Gore. Great thing is, Murray is bigger, much faster and has even better hands than Gore.

As a 3rd back this year and potential rotational guy with Dixon in the future, Murray would be a GREAT pick up for us.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Huge fan of Murray (I even picked him in the recent divisional mock draft)...for those who believe he can't stay on the field, I remind you of the college career of one Frank Gore. Great thing is, Murray is bigger, much faster and has even better hands than Gore.

As a 3rd back this year and potential rotational guy with Dixon in the future, Murray would be a GREAT pick up for us.

Thank you that is exactly my perspective.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Huge fan of Murray (I even picked him in the recent divisional mock draft)...for those who believe he can't stay on the field, I remind you of the college career of one Frank Gore. Great thing is, Murray is bigger, much faster and has even better hands than Gore.

As a 3rd back this year and potential rotational guy with Dixon in the future, Murray would be a GREAT pick up for us.

Thank you that is exactly my perspective.

Yup, and if he's there in the 4th, we'd be crazy not to take a chance on him. I wouldn't even be upset if we used a 3rd on him, though I would understand if we went defense instead.