LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

ABs Post Combine 3 Round Mock

Normally have nothing but complimetary things to say about AB's work, but Quinn and Ponder as our first two picks might just be enough to push me off the ledge.

Quinn has huge upside, but equally huge question marks - while Ponder is the latest "lets ignore his entire college career because he had a good workout" prospect.

Just don't see it. Corner has been a need for a few years now - let's fix it while we can.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Normally have nothing but complimetary things to say about AB's work, but Quinn and Ponder as our first two picks might just be enough to push me off the ledge.

Quinn has huge upside, but equally huge question marks - while Ponder is the latest "lets ignore his entire college career because he had a good workout" prospect.

Just don't see it. Corner has been a need for a few years now - let's fix it while we can.

It may be that AB has a projected free agent corner going to the Niners, or a restructuring of the Clements' deal. And, that might be guiding his draft. A lot of variables at this point.

However, I sincerely doubt Clements will be on this roster next year. I'd lay money he's ready to head back east, closer to family, and will not restructure his contract. So, the Niners will have to release him.

I do project a CB in the first or second round to the team, and it may be the team attempts to move down in the first if they see a corner like Jimmy Smith as being on-par with Prince. Or, the team may need to pick Prince outright at number 7, although that seems too high.

So, if the team goes QB/OLB/DL in the first, I think it is pretty much a lock the team lands the top CB on their board in the second.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM ]
I give it an A- draft., I just wish we'd get a higher rated CB (with this mock) though..But overall very good!
I like it...but, Ponder won't last 'til pick #45. He'll likely go late 1st rd, or very early 2nd rd. If the latter happens, Niners would need to trade up to get him.
I can easily seeing Gabbert and Newton slipping into the top 6, which would mean something really awesome (not Quinn) for us...

bg
Share 49ersWebzone