There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How disappointed will you be if Peterson and Miller are gone?

How disappointed will you be if Peterson and Miller are gone?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
We could always trade back and get someone like Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordan or even Jimmy Smith (who should have a huge day tomorrow and make a ton of money).

I like this idea more and more given who we can land in the early teens if Peterson or Miller are gone:

Jimmy Smith
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
Cameron Jordan
JJ Watt
Adrian Clayborn

That's a very nice selection right there while adding another second.

Like Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt in the first and Brooks Reed in the second while adding that QB we need, too.
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]
All of this is SO contingent on where the QBs go. If neither Newton or Gabbert go in the top 7 AND Peterson and Miller are gone, that mean's AJ Green will be there for the taking. Although WR is not as much of a need position can we really pass on him?

I'm not a big fan of Gabbert. I like Quinn but I see him more as a 4-3 DE and which leaves Prince or AJ at #7. I say bite the bullet and take Green. He'd be a HUGE improvement over Josh Morgan.
Peterson ran a 4.32 and a 4.37. He's almost as gone as Andrew Luck was.
Depends on who is left. Otherwise trade back to the middle and get multiple picks. Maybe even trade some picks for next year. Like say if we trade back and pick up a second rounder this year, then maybe trade that pick or our very own for a first rounder next year.

While this would not help this years team, it serves two purposes, it might position us for Luck, if we don't select a decent QB to mold, (note we would still be getting players in the first and second), but also if there is no CBA and it ends up in a lock out like it did the time the redskins won the season in the strike shortened season, this years rookies will not get much of a workout and training.

This is how walsh and more recently the patriots keep reloading before.
I expected Peterson to be gone all along but I am still happy because we will get a potential great player at 7. There are about 10-12 guys worthy of that pick so we can't go wrong if we do our homework. Maybe with all these great defensive players maybe Green falls to us.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I expected Peterson to be gone all along but I am still happy because we will get a potential great player at 7. There are about 10-12 guys worthy of that pick so we can't go wrong if we do our homework. Maybe with all these great defensive players maybe Green falls to us.

I agree. I'm desperately hoping Cam goes in the top 6. We're looking to get a really great prospect even if he doesn't, but if he does, we'll likely get a steal.
i would be more dissapointment if we took a QB with the 7th pick

QB will be spread through the draft this year

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE PLEASE!!!!
Originally posted by pete98146:
All of this is SO contingent on where the QBs go. If neither Newton or Gabbert go in the top 7 AND Peterson and Miller are gone, that mean's AJ Green will be there for the taking. Although WR is not as much of a need position can we really pass on him?

I'm not a big fan of Gabbert. I like Quinn but I see him more as a 4-3 DE and which leaves Prince or AJ at #7. I say bite the bullet and take Green. He'd be a HUGE improvement over Josh Morgan.

I disagree... If neither Gabbert or Newton go in top 7 I still expect Green to be gone:

Top 6 players picked if no QB comes off the board would certainly be:
Fairley
Bowers
Darius
Green
Miller
Peterson
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by pete98146:

I disagree... If neither Gabbert or Newton go in top 7 I still expect Green to be gone:

Top 6 players picked if no QB comes off the board would certainly be:
Fairley
Bowers
Darius
Green
Miller
Peterson

No you are right! That was supposed to be either and not neither. I'm too doped up on cold meds So let's hope Gabbert or Cam get drafted in the top 7.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I picked not at all. I'm in the minority that think Prince is a stud CB. And I'd be ecstatic to get him. He's the best pure corner in the draft in my opinion.

I would be very happy with that pick.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Peterson ran a 4.32 and a 4.37. He's almost as gone as Andrew Luck was.

He will be fine and can still be had at 7.
hate how people wouldnt mind trading back, the way it looks we will have the opportunity to get an elite talent, i c no way that we will trade back.
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:
hate how people wouldnt mind trading back, the way it looks we will have the opportunity to get an elite talent, i c no way that we will trade back.

Look back at the last 20 years or so at how many of the guys who were deemed "elite" draft prospects (top 5, 10 or whatever), and how many actually turned in to "elite" NFL players. Happens every year...guys who are almost can't miss with huge talent and potential, end up going nowhere, while guys a few notches below who were considered more 15-25 type talents, flourish.

In other words, you really have to get lucky in this process...and trading back to get better value isn't nearly as risky as it seems.
Originally posted by tidissis08:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I picked not at all. I'm in the minority that think Prince is a stud CB. And I'd be ecstatic to get him. He's the best pure corner in the draft in my opinion.

I would be very happy with that pick.

I really doubt either will last to 7. If Peterson manages to last until 6, the Cowboys will undoubtedly trade with Cleveland to get him. And Miller will not get past the Cardinals. The Cardinals really like Skelton and will not draft a QB.

I'm expecting we'll pick either Prince or Quinn. I'm pulling for Prince because Quinn reminds me too much of Vernon Gholston, another one year wonder workout warrior.