LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

My Favorite from 2011 Draft: Randall Cobb

There are many great players in the draft... But Randall Cobb is a PURE FOOTBALL PLAYER! I would love to see a player like this playing in Red and Gold!

Randall Cobb is a WR, QB, RB, PR, KR, and the SEC single-season record holder for all-purpose yardage (2,396 yards). He was the offense for Kentucky. He did it all... and did it WELL.

He projects as a slot WR in the NFL but I am sure that teams will use him everywhere.

1. led the SEC in receptions per game (caught 84 passes for 1,017 yd, 7 TD)
2. Played QB in the "WildCobb" (424 yds rushing, 5 TD, Threw 3 TD passes)
3. 1st or 2nd on team in rushing, passing, receiving.

And he backs he talents with his true love for football. Character person who puts his team first and has ZERO character concerns. Player, Leader, SHIFTY AND LETHAL!!

Has 2nd or 3rd round grade but kicked butt during the combine drills and is projected to climb! Although WR is not our greatest need, we need playmakers. And I am pretty certain that Randall Cobb will provide much more than that. He doesn't run a 4.3 (ran 4.46) but plays fast and just knows what to do with the ball. Here is a video that I enjoyed of him... Let's you know what COBB is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgaIWWh0QE

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82261&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR
[ Edited by amigoj49 on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM ]
I don't expect us to be running any Wildcat so I think he would fit better on a team that does. They could get the most out of him. Either way though he has shot up draft boards. I have seen as high as late first round-early 2nd.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[img=]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't expect us to be running any Wildcat so I think he would fit better on a team that does. They could get the most out of him. Either way though he has shot up draft boards. I have seen as high as late first round-early 2nd.

During the WR drills, he looked awesome.... made it look effortless with a lot of speed coming in and out of catches. Perfect for slot wideout!
Here is Randall Cobb highlight vid: He is #18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i09R28AWgFU&feature=fvwrel
[ Edited by amigoj49 on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM ]
Seems like a better fit for the patriots offense...
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

During the WR drills, he looked awesome.... made it look effortless with a lot of speed coming in and out of catches. Perfect for slot wideout!

I know... didn't say I wouldn't take him I just think we have bigger needs and doubt he is even there at 45. It's hard to justify a slot WR at 45. Should be a lot of good WRs left in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'd rather fill QB, OLB, CB, FS, RG first... FB is a need as well but that can be had in the 5th-6th round.

Also, we really don't use the slot well either. And we have Ginn Jr, Williams and Zeigler to fight for that spot as of now.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM ]
I'm from Lexington and yes... Cobb is the real deal!!! would love to draft him
Personally I have done a decent amount of reading on him and agree he is an explosive/versatile player. In fact I had him in one of my earlier mocks. Unfortunately it seems like his draft stock has risen to a spot where he won't be obtainable based on our draft priorities.

Originally posted by mavfd9er:
Personally I have done a decent amount of reading on him and agree he is an explosive/versatile player. In fact I had him in one of my earlier mocks. Unfortunately it seems like his draft stock has risen to a spot where he won't be obtainable based on our draft priorities.

Agree
I hve him higher rated than most, latest top 64 has him 17th. And I beliee he is a 1st rd caliber pick.
Share 49ersWebzone