There are 257 users in the forums

Julio Jones is the best player in this draft.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Hi Al Davis

Having said that, Julio Jones is now a legit consideration for the Browns at 6...only because they desperately need a WR. AJ Green is the top WR, and Julio narrowed the gap a little bit.
i hope jones goes in the top 6, possibly leaving us with peterson and taking him away from the rams
2 receivers aren't going in the top 6. You can bet the bank on that one.

I'm fine with taking Jones but not at 7. If we traded down picked up an extra 2nd rounder than I'd consider him but there's too many holes elsewhere to justify taking at 7.

I really think it's Petersen or Quinn, Miller or bust.

Julio Jones is not a Raider pick either. He's a man beast and won't just run by you he'll run over you.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I'm fine with taking Jones but not at 7. If we traded down picked up an extra 2nd rounder than I'd consider him but there's too many holes elsewhere to justify taking at 7.

Julio Jones is not a Raider pick either. He's a man beast and won't just run by you he'll run over you.

Why couldn't they?

3-4 teams out of the top 6 have a need for a WR ie. Carolina, Cincy, Arizona, and Cleveland. With a very strong defensive class, some teams may decide to take a defensive player at the top of the 2nd round.
Originally posted by skd420:
Its not personal, you're just an idiot.

dude. Shut up. This board is to share opinions. And frankly, yours is stupid. You came here to bully people over an online thread? lame.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

dude. Shut up. This board is to share opinions. And frankly, yours is stupid. You came here to bully people over an online thread? lame.

I think he got bant
Julio Jones definitely is raising eye brows. He looks real good in traffic and isnt scared of not only taking a hit, but hitting the defender first
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Why couldn't they?

3-4 teams out of the top 6 have a need for a WR ie. Carolina, Cincy, Arizona, and Cleveland. With a very strong defensive class, some teams may decide to take a defensive player at the top of the 2nd round.

Arizona doesn't have a need at receiver. They have Fitz, Breaston and they're happy with Doucet too.

Carolina: Receivers rarely command the top spot and Green just isn't a Johnson (Calvin, Andre) esque figure. Not to mention they already have Steve Smith so they're probally going to go with a more pressing need.

The free agent market is loaded with talented receivers so unless there's no free agent offseason teams are still going to look at that and push receiver down the depth board.
So folks have moved Julio in the top 10 b/c of the combine. Come on now that's laughable. The guy is a great talent but not top 10 talent. Really no wr is worth a top 10 pick unless he's super special. Green nor Jones is that special imo. I just don't value wr as that high of a priority unless you are set at qb, o line, cb, and pass rush.
Don't follow college ball that much, but whenever I did watch, Julio Jones always caught my eye. Dude is gonna beast in the NFL. Same perception I had of Adrian Peterson.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

He's outta here now anyhow. Well, "another one bites the dust", here at the 49erswebzone forums.
Lol I came in this thread looking for an explanation...so much for that...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk

Report: Julio Jones will require foot surgery http://wp.me/p14QSB-tKo
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk

Report: Julio Jones will require foot surgery http://wp.me/p14QSB-tKo

Same as Crabtree. shouldn't hurt his stock though. Mooch reported he'll be good to go by time season starts. If there's a season
Jones doesn't play nearly as big as he is and gets a little lazy hands at times. Even with the combine numbers I don't see him going to anyone before the rams at 14.
Share 49ersWebzone