Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 866 users in the forums

Julio Jones is the best player in this draft.

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol watch the games, only aj was even comparable in terms of production and talent...then look at the measurables, its not even close. Calvin johnson type body and speed with that kind of toughness and hands are rare.

We don't need a WR til later in the draft. You don't use the #7 pick on a WR when it's not a need. We used the #10 on Crabtree already. CB, OLB, QB......not workout warriors.

I don't know how anybody can say that wide receiver isn't a need. Crabtree regressed in his second year. Now is it way too early to pass complete judgement? Yes, but it's clear he wasn't the player this season we all expected. Josh Morgan seems to disappear in long stretches. Ted Ginn offered little to nothing in the passing game and after those guys there really isn't much to brag about. This league is transitioning into a passing league and now it's pretty essential to have two solid starting wide receivers, rather than just one and a handful of role players. If AJ Green is sitting on the board when we pick, unless somebody like Patrick Peterson is sitting there, we would be stupid not to take a player with his abilities.

While I agree with most of what you said, you may have missed what I said "WRs can be found later in the draft". Colston, Welker, Collie, Marshall, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin, TO, Greg Jennings, Mike Williams TB, all found past the 1st round and are great WRs. I'm not saying AJ Green wouldn't give you something to think about at #7 but he'd be the only WR I would think about there. While I think we can get more out of the WRs we have, we can still add a good one in the later rounds: Hankerson, Young, Pettis, Greg Little, Salas, Deandre Brown, Courtney Smith, there's alot of good options past our #7. I'm just saying I wouldn't be looking at Julio at #7. Prince, Quinn, Miller, Dareus, Kerrigan just a few of the players I would look at before Julio. I'll say it again, Julio Jones is not on AJ Greens level.
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

He has the best combine number workout. As a Bama fan I am happy for him but to call him "the best player in the draft" is retarded. Tell that to Patrick Peterson when he used to press coverage against Julio and he would take him out the game. Whenever Peterson played off then it would be different. Rumors around Peterson ran a 4.29 40 two weeks ago. Even if they have a not so great combine Peterson and AJ Green are the best players coming into the draft. Robert Quinn is growing borderline on me.
the combine isnt even over
i hear al davis is looking for a gm

looks like ur the guy
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

whats a slow stick?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

whats a slow stick?

figure?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
darn it!!!

been saying that I'd rather take Julio over AJ, now the whole NFL knows it.. If he falls to the RAMS, then we'll be dealing with the Sam and Julio combination for years to come!!

I hope Washington falls inlove with him and drafts him!!
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

calm down dude no1 is saying he isnt gonna be a good wr but this is the combine by your standards DHB would be the bes t wr ever
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

calm down dude no1 is saying he isnt gonna be a good wr but this is the combine by your standards DHB would be the bes t wr ever

It'll be ok, we'll have Prince to shut down Julio.
He's very good. I always liked him.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,360
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol watch the games, only aj was even comparable in terms of production and talent...then look at the measurables, its not even close. Calvin johnson type body and speed with that kind of toughness and hands are rare.

We don't need a WR til later in the draft. You don't use the #7 pick on a WR when it's not a need. We used the #10 on Crabtree already. CB, OLB, QB......not workout warriors.

I don't know how anybody can say that wide receiver isn't a need. Crabtree regressed in his second year. Now is it way too early to pass complete judgement? Yes, but it's clear he wasn't the player this season we all expected. Josh Morgan seems to disappear in long stretches. Ted Ginn offered little to nothing in the passing game and after those guys there really isn't much to brag about. This league is transitioning into a passing league and now it's pretty essential to have two solid starting wide receivers, rather than just one and a handful of role players. If AJ Green is sitting on the board when we pick, unless somebody like Patrick Peterson is sitting there, we would be stupid not to take a player with his abilities.
You're right. WR is a need on this team for all the reasons you cite. The trouble is; it is not as great as a pass rusher or CB, although if the 49ers could get the pass rusher they need, it would automatically upgrade the entire secondary. In this case, between Peterson, Miller, Quinn and Green, the 49ers could just go BPA and improve the team a great deal.

Still, a pass rushing OLB is the #1 need.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol watch the games, only aj was even comparable in terms of production and talent...then look at the measurables, its not even close. Calvin johnson type body and speed with that kind of toughness and hands are rare.

We don't need a WR til later in the draft. You don't use the #7 pick on a WR when it's not a need. We used the #10 on Crabtree already. CB, OLB, QB......not workout warriors.

I don't know how anybody can say that wide receiver isn't a need. Crabtree regressed in his second year. Now is it way too early to pass complete judgement? Yes, but it's clear he wasn't the player this season we all expected. Josh Morgan seems to disappear in long stretches. Ted Ginn offered little to nothing in the passing game and after those guys there really isn't much to brag about. This league is transitioning into a passing league and now it's pretty essential to have two solid starting wide receivers, rather than just one and a handful of role players. If AJ Green is sitting on the board when we pick, unless somebody like Patrick Peterson is sitting there, we would be stupid not to take a player with his abilities.
You're right. WR is a need on this team for all the reasons you cite. The trouble is; it is not as great as a pass rusher or CB, although if the 49ers could get the pass rusher they need, it would automatically upgrade the entire secondary. In this case, between Peterson, Miller, Quinn and Green, the 49ers could just go BPA and improve the team a great deal.

Still, a pass rushing OLB is the #1 need.

I agree. I think CB and OLB are 1A and 1B for #1 needs. A good WR can be had later.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol watch the games, only aj was even comparable in terms of production and talent...then look at the measurables, its not even close. Calvin johnson type body and speed with that kind of toughness and hands are rare.

We don't need a WR til later in the draft. You don't use the #7 pick on a WR when it's not a need. We used the #10 on Crabtree already. CB, OLB, QB......not workout warriors.

You take play makers regardless of need.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,360
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol watch the games, only aj was even comparable in terms of production and talent...then look at the measurables, its not even close. Calvin johnson type body and speed with that kind of toughness and hands are rare.

We don't need a WR til later in the draft. You don't use the #7 pick on a WR when it's not a need. We used the #10 on Crabtree already. CB, OLB, QB......not workout warriors.

I don't know how anybody can say that wide receiver isn't a need. Crabtree regressed in his second year. Now is it way too early to pass complete judgement? Yes, but it's clear he wasn't the player this season we all expected. Josh Morgan seems to disappear in long stretches. Ted Ginn offered little to nothing in the passing game and after those guys there really isn't much to brag about. This league is transitioning into a passing league and now it's pretty essential to have two solid starting wide receivers, rather than just one and a handful of role players. If AJ Green is sitting on the board when we pick, unless somebody like Patrick Peterson is sitting there, we would be stupid not to take a player with his abilities.
You're right. WR is a need on this team for all the reasons you cite. The trouble is; it is not as great as a pass rusher or CB, although if the 49ers could get the pass rusher they need, it would automatically upgrade the entire secondary. In this case, between Peterson, Miller, Quinn and Green, the 49ers could just go BPA and improve the team a great deal.

Still, a pass rushing OLB is the #1 need.

I agree. I think CB and OLB are 1A and 1B for #1 needs. A good WR can be had later.
Drafting a WR is a tricky deal. There is a HUGE difference between college and the NFL for a WR. Many WRs star in college just because of superior athletic skills. That, combined with somewhat of a diva personality that WRs often have, requires a big mental adjustment when you enter the NFL. The ability to make that adjustment just cannot be measured. Hence you have guys like Welker and Colston and multiple others that had to work hard for everything they got in college, and continued with that work ethic in the pros and became high quality players.

If I'm Baalke/Harbaugh, I'm looking a for a hard working guy with speed and quickness who wasn't a headline grabber in college...and I'm looking in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Not sure who that would be specifically as I have no access to that kind of info. A good scout will dig out that stuff and mine a gem.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by skd420:
Lol ooooh I get a warning, haha so what b***h your gonna remember these f**king words, aint no slow stick figure better than jones

And my penis is tiny and insignificant

whats a slow stick?

I dunno, but apparently you don't need high school education to know the definition.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone