Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
- did far more in his college career
- far more successful resume
- more important position (most important in fact)
- a position of need for the 49ers (WR is not)
- a good WR needs a good QB (see Larry Fitz) not the other way around
- no QB prospect has been quite as big and fast as Newton, many have been as big and fast as Green at WR
- if we hit on Green we get Calvin Johnson (and despite Johnson the Lions are still losers without a QB) if we hit on Newton we get a top QB which could put us in a position to compete for championships for the next decade.
I have to add that this thread title is hideous. "What happens if?"
Here's a thought, give people some idea of what your thread is about with the title.
huh, how did Cam do more, he has 14 career starts, AJ Has and was a dynamic WR.
Won more awards and carried a team on his back to the National Championship. He accomplished more in those 14 starts for the University of Auburn than Green did in more starts for Georgia. That is beyond any dispute.
YEAR REC YDS TD
2008 56 963 8
2009 53 808 6
2010 57 848 9
Note that his numbers are surprisingly pedestrian given how much talent he has. I do not doubt his talent.
2009 All-SEC First Team (Coaches, ESPN)
2008 All-Freshman First Team (CFN, TSN)
2008 All-SEC First Team (AP)
2008 SEC Freshman of the Year (Coaches)
2007 All-American (Parade)
185/280, 66%, 2854 yds, 30 TD, 7 INT, 182.05 rating
264, 1473 yds, 5.6 avg, 20 TDs
2010 AP Player of the Year Award
2010 Consensus All-America
2010 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award
2010 Heisman Trophy
2010 Maxwell Award
2010 SEC Offensive Player of the Year
2010 Walter Camp Player of the Year Award
Think about it this way... if you favorite college team could have had the success Georgia had under the Green years or what Auburn had in one year with Newton... every college fan in America would have taken the National Championship over being a solid team with a potent wideout, nothing more.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:29 AM ]