LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Comparisons

Originally posted by Giants24:
Salas = welker

Yeah..Salas is way stronger though. Often took more than one guy to bring him down
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Von Miller=Greg Lloyd

Sione Fua=Kelly Gregg

Ricky Stanzi=Matt Cassel

Prince Amukamara=Ike Taylor

Roc Carmichael=Dunta Robinson

Anybody got a good one for Salas??? Cant think of any!

Greg Salas = Drew Bennett

lol...I see it but I hope Salas turns out better than that scrub!
  • buhda
  • Veteran
greg salas = maybe hines ward jr.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
von miller=derek thomas
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Some freaking terribel comparisons if you ask me (most good, but some awful). Seems like most of these comparisons are based more on size/weigth than playing style and actual skill. It seems like people are just taking the best player who is the same height and saing that a rookie is destined to be the same as a future hall of famer. In the 2007 NFL draft people had Jamarcur as the next Culpepper, Quinn as the next bloodsoe and Gaines Adams (RIP) as the next strahan (not actual comparisons, just an example). Also (and maybe I'm a little bias) but I see Baldwin being a beast in the NFL(Big, good athlete&speed, and good hand). But the comparison is accurate as stokes was thought to be a top prospect. His stats are down because he went from catching balls from Bill Stull (first QB since Dan Marino to lead Pitt to 10 wins) to catching balls from a Sophmore (Tino Sunseri). That would generally lead to a drop in stats.

Also I love how everyone is jumping on the Amukamara=Revis ship (i say ship rather than bandwagon cuz its gonna sink). Im not saying Amukamara isn't going to be a good player, just not anything like Revis. Revis strengths = man coverage, help in the run game (just a very solid tackler overall) and going after the ball in the air. Amukamara biggest weakness- going after the ball in the air.He is an excellent pure cover man than disrupts the timing between the QB and WR and has very fluid hips, but when the ball is in the air and he has to fight for the ball (him vs WR) he almost ALWAYS loses (bad). perfect example:
At times: 0:42 & 1:47.

No Way Derell Revis, but a very good corner with good size and cover skills (only comparison is they are both great in run support). I see him more like Marcus Trufant, both big & physical, but still quick (lack elite speed) and good man coverage. And remeber Trufant went 11th and Amukamara is thought to be a top 10 talent.
Yes. Pick the one and only game in his Starting career in which he didn't shut down his receiver and generalize to him always losing a battle...

You don't break up 13 passes while being thrown So little times and not know how to track a ball.

what hes saying is true he is still one of the elite prospects but he isnt a shutdown corner he is more of a playmaker he will get u ints but he wont haveprince island all the time which is fine

he reminds me of Antoine Winfield

msinly cause they are both great at run support theyre both smart and both are playmakers

1 advantage is that prince has better size than winfield

Thank you for understanding my point, and I do see the Winfield comparison (except Prince has much more size and is a little better in coverage).

Originally posted by buhda:
von miller=derek thomas

Miller told the newspaper he took a lot of inspiration from Thomas and they have comparable size and style.
Share 49ersWebzone