LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert stock down

Quote:
REPORT: BLAINE GABBERT'S STOCK NOW SLIPPING
According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.
According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.

Like I have been saying Gabbert is not NFL Ready or 1st rd worthy.
His name is stupid and is not the name of a successful QB
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Quote:
REPORT: BLAINE GABBERT'S STOCK NOW SLIPPING
According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.
According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.

Like I have been saying Gabbert is not NFL Ready or 1st rd worthy.

But hardly garbage as you have described him
To be replaced with Cam Newton at the top of the QB list
Originally posted by valrod33:

Could say the same about rothlisbeurgelereer
Originally posted by teeohh:

Could say the same about rothlisbeurgelereer

Roethlisburger is a cool name it has burger in it.

Most NFL QBs are named "Matt" so let's only invite QB's named "Matt" to the combine and let's see what they can do.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Most NFL QBs are named "Matt" so let's only invite QB's named "Matt" to the combine and let's see what they can do.

agreed
Not shocked by this information at all. If you aren't good, you aren't good.
He reminds me of Jay Cutler. I didn't think he was all that during the season either. The potential is certainly there to be a franchise QB but the skills aren't there yet. But he will probably be overdrafted just like Cam because some team will fall in love with potential. But he's no Luck or Matt Ryan or anything.

agreed

the book freakanomics talks about names and how they COULD possibly effect a person's life. so really, there is something to be said about a QB's first name.

goods:
john, joe, steve, jim, tom, dan, matt

bads:
akili, jamarcus, todd, heath, andre, todd...*cough cough* alex

exception would be peyton. i am sure there may be a couple more, but i am about to get a roast beef sammie and my thoughts are somewhat scattered.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

agreed

the book freakanomics talks about names and how they COULD possibly effect a person's life. so really, there is something to be said about a QB's first name.

goods:

bads:

exception would be peyton. i am sure there may be a couple more, but i am about to get a roast beef sammie and my thoughts are somewhat scattered.

Eli, Donovan?
Originally posted by 76Razor:

agreed

goods:

bads:

Looks like Cam will be a god one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I agree
This doesn't surprise me at all. Prior to him declaring, Gabbert was a second round prospect at best.

Then all of a sudden, once he declared, he became the "top QB in the class". Especially once Luck stayed in school.

I am always suspicious of players who for no reason (not even the Senior Bowl or Combine), suddenly shoot up draft boards.

They are likely to slip again just as quickly once the real analysis begins.

All that being said, if we could get Gabbert in the second, I think that would be a great pickup. But I don't understand how he suddenly became a top 5-10 pick, and don't think he should be drafted nearly that high.
Share 49ersWebzone