There are 242 users in the forums

Cam Newton - videos and more

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Newton had a "phenomenal" workout, as stated by Dilfer. It is run by his camp, and probably has been scripted for awhile. The tougher challenge will be when he has a campus workout run by an NFL coach.

"Phenomenal" is a pretty strong word, so I tend to believe that even if it wasn't a "lights out" workout, it still was really, really good. And, for teams with a top ten pick who need a franchise QB, it makes him very appealing. Excited to hear other opinions by writers.

Those scripted workouts are like guys' reported on campus .40 times. It's always deceiving. i think every Ohio state player runs a 4.3 while on campus.

[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:47:20 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'll say this, I'm, rooting for Cam to look awesome in the postseason. It would be fantastic if both he and Gabbert were drafted ahead of us, someone would likely have to trade just ahead of us to ensure they got him, but it would drop a supreme prospect like Peterson one more slot.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I've also heard his dad will have a tent set up, selling Cam Newton shirts, hats, button, bumper stickers, water bottles, and Cam's three children.

Cheers.

lol nice madDog
Originally posted by Atl49er:
Damn it!!! Now we may have to move up to get Cam! IDK why all these people on here are hating on Cam, as Trent Dilfer just reported, there aren't many people in the World that can throw the ball like Cam did today!

who the f**k cares how you throw a football. f**k my cousin can chuck it with a beautiful spiral 60 yards with ease, he can't play worht a lick. Dude Kyle boller from a knee at the 50 yard line perfect spiral through the goal posts, jamarcus russell easily throws a 70 yarder money. they all suck. f**k Trent Dilfer wtf does he know?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Damn it!!! Now we may have to move up to get Cam! IDK why all these people on here are hating on Cam, as Trent Dilfer just reported, there aren't many people in the World that can throw the ball like Cam did today!

who the f**k cares how you throw a football. f**k my cousin can chuck it with a beautiful spiral 60 yards with ease, he can't play worht a lick. Dude Kyle boller from a knee at the 50 yard line perfect spiral through the goal posts, jamarcus russell easily throws a 70 yarder money. they all suck. f**k Trent Dilfer wtf does he know?

Originally posted by Jcool:

lol you like that huh. sorry this cam newton hype is hilarious & everyone is falling in the pitfall

Oh Great..You're prob a guy that is dieing for us to keep Alex Smith...to huh?!?! LOL!

My bad, I forgot you played in the NFL and worked for ESPN longer than Trent Dilfer..that makes you an expert..right! Get a clue...everybody is harping on us to take a db, or a pash rusher...HELLO, we have one QB under contract and JH has already stated that QB is the most important position on the field.

I can't wait until we take Cam and listen to Trent and JH gush over his talents!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

lol you like that huh. sorry this cam newton hype is hilarious & everyone is falling in the pitfall

So what exactly dont you like about him?
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'll say this, I'm, rooting for Cam to look awesome in the postseason. It would be fantastic if both he and Gabbert were drafted ahead of us, someone would likely have to trade just ahead of us to ensure they got him, but it would drop a supreme prospect like Peterson one more slot.

Niners could find a way to get a team to jump to 7 to get ahead of Tenn and Washington for one of these qb's. Gotta sneak out some misinformation as draft time gets closer to see if they can get a team to trade up.
Sounds like he's taking the Tim Tebow approach to the draft.

Oh Great..You're prob a guy that is dieing for us to keep Alex Smith...to huh?!?! LOL!

My bad, I forgot you played in the NFL and worked for ESPN longer than Trent Dilfer..that makes you an expert..right! Get a clue...everybody is harping on us to take a db, or a pash rusher...HELLO, we have one QB under contract and JH has already stated that QB is the most important position on the field.

I can't wait until we take Cam and listen to Trent and JH gush over his talents!!

seriously? lol. one not high on alex smith but i'd have him as a BACKUP, and that's it. that makes the most sense. We can get a Vet QB in FA and draft a qb in the later rounds.
sorry but trent dilfer's mouth piece and history speaks loudly for himself. He was in awe of Jimmy Clausen, He said he was hands down the best QB in that draft being pro ready and able to come in and start right away. How did that work out for him? Colt McCoy had by far the better yr. Siad the same thing about Josh Freeman and ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!

Dude you need to get a clue. no need to wet the paper and draft a QB with our first pick. there are other qb's who have a btter football iq (reading coverages, plays etc) so why spend that first pick on a qb. Newton is not a franchise QB or he goes #1 to Carolina. Fact.

We need help on Defense, and sorry but the CB's & OLB/DE's that are projected to be around will and would help us out asap. not a rookie qb to come in and learn a new system as well as the nfl. come on man.

So hello yes we have only 1 qb under contract so why are qwe wetting the bed. we resign one of the smith's as a backup, hit the trade market or free agency.

Josh Johnson comes to mind. he didn't do to bad 2 years ago. he's a harbaugh guy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
espn ESPN

Cam Newton demonstrates workout routine for media - http://es.pn/hwKoCI

seriously? lol. one not high on alex smith but i'd have him as a BACKUP, and that's it. that makes the most sense. We can get a Vet QB in FA and draft a qb in the later rounds.
sorry but trent dilfer's mouth piece and history speaks loudly for himself. He was in awe of Jimmy Clausen, He said he was hands down the best QB in that draft being pro ready and able to come in and start right away. How did that work out for him? Colt McCoy had by far the better yr. Siad the same thing about Josh Freeman and ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!

Dude you need to get a clue. no need to wet the paper and draft a QB with our first pick. there are other qb's who have a btter football iq (reading coverages, plays etc) so why spend that first pick on a qb. Newton is not a franchise QB or he goes #1 to Carolina. Fact.

We need help on Defense, and sorry but the CB's & OLB/DE's that are projected to be around will and would help us out asap. not a rookie qb to come in and learn a new system as well as the nfl. come on man.

So hello yes we have only 1 qb under contract so why are qwe wetting the bed. we resign one of the smith's as a backup, hit the trade market or free agency.

Josh Johnson comes to mind. he didn't do to bad 2 years ago. he's a harbaugh guy.

ONLY WAY I'D TAKE NEWTON IS IF HE SITS ON THE BENCH FOR 2 YEARS. I'd rather have a player like prince or miller, who could start day one.... Cam needs work, sure he's got the talent, but he's got to work on his footwork and droping back and reading the defense this is the west coast, hell we found joe in the 3rd round. We can find a qb then also and i much rather let a 3rd rounder sit and learn, rather then a first round pick becuase he should be ready to start asap!

So what exactly dont you like about him?

i don't think he's an NFL qb. he may be athletic, big etc, but the system he ran in college is not in the nfl. i don't think he will be able to adjust to the speed of nfl defenses, which in turn will lead to turnovers, bad audibles etc. i live in sec country so yes i watched a lot of his games. really the only game that impressed me was the bama game.
Look at Chirstian Ponder for example. Played in a similar offense in college gets to the senior bowl, and has no problem whatsoever with handling a snap from under center, and making his reads. big timing adjustment.
i jsut don't think you can get by with straight athletic ability at the qb position in the nfl. you have to be very smart in reading coverages, and understanding routes, lanes, etc.
i don't see him as that guy. he's young immature, and has a past. look at what happened in florida. kept getting in trouble. and then the whole auburn thing just smells. it will be just like reggie bush. in a year or two it will come back.

No offense Dude...but thank God you are not the GM for this team! Are you not tired of being stuck in mediocrity..excuse me...SUCKING?!?!? Alex Smith never needs to wear SF on his helmet again #1... back up or not. And your idea to draft another back-up (Josh J or a 3rd round Qb) for our team does not help either!

I'm not basing my opinion of Cam on Trent Dilfer..just merely stating that he was blown away by his film study of Cam and first hand witness of the workout. What impresses me about Cam more than anything else...is the fact I've watched him all year long and he is a born leader that makes everyone around him better!

How many players can say that they have won a Championship at EVERY LEVEL they have competed....high school, Jr. College and D-1 College!?! Can you name another one...?

Say what you want, try and compare him to all the other athletic Qb's with big arms..but the truth of the matter is..there is no comparison!
Share 49ersWebzone