Pocket Passer

Under Pressure

Running Skills

Media Day Workout:

Media workout:

2nd Video (7th minute onwards)

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:02:41 ]
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM ]
I think he is only briefly answering questions so he only has a brief moment to leak how unintelligent he is
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I think he is only briefly answering questions so he only has a brief moment to leak how unintelligent he is

hahaha

But, to be honest...I've seen couple of his interviews, he didn't come across as an unintelligent guy, but this is just an observation from two interviews, so I'm not sure.
This is beginning to sound like media hype to me. Originally the spin was to see how far he had progressed as far as becoming an NFLready QB.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This raises even more flags to me. Why hold it for the media and not NFL people? SO he can have them write about how great he looks and hype him for a better draft spot? Seems to be a guy who likes the money more than the game.
It's smart handling by his camp. They know he's viewed as a project, so they want to display his hard work to convince teams that he'll be devoted to being successful.

He has the raw talent and excellent physical skills. Now, he just needs to show he has the heart and the right mindset.

Someone will fall in love with him in the top-20.
Originally posted by strickac:
It's smart handling by his camp. They know he's viewed as a project, so they want to display his hard work to convince teams that he'll be devoted to being successful.

He has the raw talent and excellent physical skills. Now, he just needs to show he has the heart and the right mindset.

Someone will fall in love with him in the top-20.

Don't be shocked he goes top 10 with Buf, AZ, SF, Tenn AND Wash all needing QBs. I am not saying we will, just sayin'...

He does need that exposure because the media can really fan the "hype" machine something fierce. He has "athletic instincts, accuracy, touch, can run, etc." It's the intangibles like character and work ethic. Because of VY and JR, he will be so scrutinized, the media will know when he farts.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
This raises even more flags to me. Why hold it for the media and not NFL people? SO he can have them write about how great he looks and hype him for a better draft spot? Seems to be a guy who likes the money more than the game.

He will do it for the NFL after the combine, like everyone else. I don't see anythin' wrong with this - I see it as a big positive. He is ready to put himself out there. There are no guarantees in life, he could have a s**tty workout.

I like his confidence.
You mean nfl people won't be able to go? I remember reading that some wouldn't want to go because it was stupid. I'd be surprised if he did it and no scouts showed up
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
You mean nfl people won't be able to go? I remember reading that some wouldn't want to go because it was stupid. I'd be surprised if he did it and no scouts showed up

It is a media only work out.

I've also heard his dad will have a tent set up, selling Cam Newton shirts, hats, button, bumper stickers, water bottles, and Cam's three children.

Cheers.
Quote:
According to ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, Auburn QB Cam Newton's media day workout Thursday was "phenomenal."
"If scouts saw this they'd have been slobbering," added Dilfer. Newton's measurables have never been in question, so it's hardly surprising that he excelled in a controlled environment. It is a positive sign, though, that the tutoring on his footwork and acclimation to working under center have paid off. It's certainly possible that a team with a top-five selection will fall in love Newton, but his character concerns will still be scrutinized over the next two months.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Quote:
According to ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, Auburn QB Cam Newton's media day workout Thursday was "phenomenal."
"If scouts saw this they'd have been slobbering," added Dilfer. Newton's measurables have never been in question, so it's hardly surprising that he excelled in a controlled environment. It is a positive sign, though, that the tutoring on his footwork and acclimation to working under center have paid off. It's certainly possible that a team with a top-five selection will fall in love Newton, but his character concerns will still be scrutinized over the next two months.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

Lost me at "Dilfer said". Same guy who said Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez would be stars.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
mortreport Chris Mortensen

Cam Newton made huge positive impression on a tough critic - Trent Dilfer - with his workout today.
Damn it!!! Now we may have to move up to get Cam! IDK why all these people on here are hating on Cam, as Trent Dilfer just reported, there aren't many people in the World that can throw the ball like Cam did today!
Share 49ersWebzone