LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Does anyone think Kolb is actually worth 2 1st round picks?

Worth 2 first round picks? f**k NO.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Or even one?

Nope.

P.S. This conversation has been had numerous times in numerous threads.
that second would be fine though

lol, live and learn bro.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Or even one?

Nope.

Gavintech in serious mod mode right now.
Yes web zone officers, I realize that there are other threads and apologized.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Kolb's first 2 games he started he put up great numbers, after that when the league figured him out he was Alex Smith like. He is worth a 3rd rounder at best. The only QB worth 2 first rounders are Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers, the other Qbs in that class are getting old, Brees, Brady, and Manning are 32 and up, and I don't see
Rapingburger as elite. I think the best trade value is probably McNabb, he could probably be had cheap coming off a sub par year and being in Shannahan's dog house.
No, he hasn't proven he's worth that amount of tender.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Or even one?

Nope.

Gavintech in serious mod mode right now.

lulz
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What do you all think about Matt Flynn? Plays in WCO, came in in a big game against a good team and played good. Most importantly he showed he's a gamer and provided that spark. He would probably be cheaper too

Yeah I actually might rather have Matty Flynn.

I'd rather have Graham Harrell than both.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Worth 2 first round picks? f**k NO.

Agree... Even mcnabb wasn't worth a 2nd round pick. I'd rather keep our draft picks and build thru the draft. Unless it's a 5 rounder like ginn. now our special teams is actually special, not the short bus kind of special anymore!

Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Probably Eagles didn't expect two No 1's either. But it don't hurt to ask.

askin' aint' gettin..
I know people think we should draft a QB to develop, and I agree. And they want us to secure the services of a veteran QB to play for one or two years while the rookie is being developed, and I agree.

But the problem with Kolb is that he really isn't an eperienced veteran. Yes, he has been on an NFL roster for a few years, but he doesn't have a full season worth of NFL games under his belt. His game-time experience is almost like a rookie. The games that he has played have been in a solid PHIL offense, with a good surrounding cast and good OC. Yet his results are mixed and uncertain.

Why would we give away valuable draft choices for an uncertain vet who is not a vet and then draft a rookie QB at the same time? It would be a very poor allocation of scarce resources.
Its hilarious how much people value draft picks... I would be willing to give up one 1st rounder for him. He was a late 1st rounder when he was selected by Andy Reid and has received 5 years of uninterrupted coaching which certainly ups his value.

Very quick release and very accurate; Doesnt have the biggest arm, but certainly enough to be successful in the WCO. Fully capable of carving defenses up in the intermediate passing game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Its hilarious how much people value draft picks... I would be willing to give up one 1st rounder for him. He was a late 1st rounder when he was selected by Andy Reid and has received 5 years of uninterrupted coaching which certainly ups his value.

Very quick release and very accurate; Doesnt have the biggest arm, but certainly enough to be successful in the WCO. Fully capable of carving defenses up in the intermediate passing game.

I may be wrong, but we went in the 2nd round - but within the first few picks. But, I agree with your over-all point.

I'll give up a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for him - which is essentially a late 1st round pick value.
no
Share 49ersWebzone