LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Possible Trade Scenario

People like to mock that peterson is going to fall to us....highly doubtful but there are outside chances he actually falls...if he is there 99.9% chance that amukamara is still there as well

what if we are sitting at pick 7 with von miller, patrick peterson, and prince amukamara all available....it would be extremely hard to pass up peterson but id like to see a trade with the cowboys in this spot

we are still guaranteed to land one of the 3 (or could go an alt route, wouldnt know who tho) and can probably pick up an extra 2nd

its known that peterson is most likely the top priority for the cowboys...if him or prince isnt there at 9 they will most likely try trade back....moving up 2 spots wouldnt be worth them giving up a second (draft chart value) but they would salivate at the chance to land their top prospect and i think they would do it....they are a very talented team that doesnt have many needs

what do you think? take the extra pick and still land a top priority or "settle" ha with peterson and no extra picks
If those 3 are still on the board I dont see Dallas trading a second rounder to take Peterson. chances are that Prince will still be on the board in that scenario if we take peterson or miller.
if they were smart they'd add another pick. Make a play for Prince/Peterson and Von miller. Deal. But of course in reality that is a 1 in a million chance. But miller replacing haralson and got prince/peterson on opponents #1WR is not a bad tandem.
Originally posted by ninerac3s:
if they were smart they'd add another pick. Make a play for Prince/Peterson and Von miller. Deal. But of course in reality that is a 1 in a million chance. But miller replacing haralson and got prince/peterson on opponents #1WR is not a bad tandem.

there is now way to possibly land 2 of them. i am saying we get an extra 2nd round pick and still land EITHER miller, peterson, prince
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Originally posted by ninerac3s:

there is now way to possibly land 2 of them. i am saying we get an extra 2nd round pick and still land EITHER miller, peterson, prince

It is really difficult to see Peterson falling to 7. However, even if Peterson is drafted before we pick, Dallas may be willing to trade up two spots to ensure getting Prince A. In that scenario we'd pick up a second and still have a shot at Miller. If Miller gets picked 8th, then I could see us trading down again for additional picks.

BTW, Belichick was on NFL Network last night and said that teams have inquired about trading picks with NE. NE has 3 of the top 33 picks in the draft. I could see us trading our 7th pick and our 2nd rounder for NE's two 1st rounders and its second.
Don't think Peterson will be there... I think the Cards might take him..
Originally posted by fakers23:
Don't think Peterson will be there... I think the Cards might take him..

i am not suggesting that i even think he will be there....this is simply an IF situation
Share 49ersWebzone