LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ersalldaway MOCK DRAFT

1. Panthers- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson – I think the panthers consider taking fairly however I think they end up with bowers who is a better playmaker he is one of the top pass rushers in this draft class he reminds me a lot of Julius peppers I think he would fit right in and jump start there defense

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn – The broncos probally have one of the worst defensive lines and front 7 in football they take fairly instead of peterson he will give them an immediate boost

3. Bills- Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama- they have one of the better passing D in the league but have THE WORST running D I think they go with dareus who has the ability to get to the pass rusher as well as stop the run also he fits perfectly in the 3-4

4. Bengals- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia – probably the best prospect since randy moss palmer is unhappy and the owener doesn’t want to trade him if these reports are right the owner will make a huge push for AJ green who is fast big strong physical and has great hands which would make palmer happy

5. Cardinals- Blaine Gabbert, QB- Gabbert is the closest to a pro ready qb in the draft. The cardinals had 3 or 4 different qb this season they are desperate if they don’t get one in FA I think Gabbert is there guy

6. Browns- Julio Jones WR- I know I know this may be a reach however I think they wil either trade back a couple spots to get him or they’ll get him here. Browns have a pretty solid D good o line mccoy seems to be good however they have no WRs. After missing out on Green they take jones and ope he can be ther #1 guy

7. 49ers- Patrick Peterson, CB- Has #1 talent and fell to the 7th spot he is freakishly big and fast has good footwork and vision and is smart he wont get bea teasuily and can just as well be a top corner in the nfl. He is the Vernon davis of CB (athlethic wise) without the rawness hes an nfl starter from day 1

**Trade 2nd and 4th round pick for mid to late frst pick

2nd (mid to late 1st round pick)- Akeem Ayers OLB- He had a great game against texas he can drop back into coverage as well as go after the quarterback . Getting him and along with Lawson(if resigned), laboy and brooks and having justin smith on the end will help the pass rush a lot

3rd round- Sione Fua, NT, Stanford - I think we let franklin go and RJF cant be the niners NT 100% of the time, I think with our new additions at HC and DC both are from Stanford they will take fua and along with RJF can share NT duties

5th round- Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho – good size good arm and is accurate he will need some coaching but he can be a solid #2 qb and maybe a number 1 if coached right and we haven’t found our qb by then

6th round - Clint Boling, G, Georgia – Was extremely solid filling in at LT this year because of injuries made the aLL SEC 2nd team I think he can give us depth and hopefully fill in at RG

7th round - Cedric Thornton, DE/DT, Southern Arkansas - could possible be a great sleeper pick hes a small school kid who dominated . Hes strong and athlethic can fill in at DE when needed

my first mock draft constructive criticism is welcomed

im getting a lot of comments on qb i was thinking we would sign a FA i was thinking someone like chad pennington mcnabb (he prob gets cut) or alex smith

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 2, 2011 at 19:27:33 ]
Julio Jones probably wont go 6 but you said they'll prolly trade back. If someone wants Peterson they might jump to 6 and grab him in that scenario.

Also Akeem Ayers is more than likely a first rounder.

In my mock I had Bowers going 1 as well however, they do have talent at DE and no talent at DT. The question is do they really take a DT at 1 or do they believe Bowers is their next Julius Peppers?
great job
Not bad overall, but for that trade to work you gonna have to give up something a little better. Probably a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th which i believe the Broncos gave up last year to get Tebow.
That's a pretty good mock I must say. I am one of those that believes that one of the first 10 teams is going to do something that completely throws everyone's mock out of order...much like the Bills did last year. NO ONE...figured they would go after Spiller at #9. I suspect maybe NE trades into the top 10 to get someone they LOVE...don't know who....maybe someone like Dareus if he falls further than expected.
I love the Peterson pick but the possibility of him dropping to us is very slim. Also, trading back into the first for Akeem Ayers? The guy is definitely talented, but he is not the answer to our pass rushing woes. He wasn't even used much as a pass rusher in college. Although I like his size and he might transition well to OLB in a 3-4, I'd much rather take a pass rushing threat like Kerrigan.

Another thing, not a huge fan of Nate Enderle at all.
I like the mock.

Jones at 6 is a bit unrealistic, but the browns could get stuck doing that. If a team falls in love with a guy and can't trade back to where he should be taken, it's not surprising for them to reach. Look at what the Jaguars did last year, everybody thought it was way to early to take Alualu and he turned out to be a beast.

also, like said before, it might take a bit more to trade back into the first round, but if we did, i'd rather take Kerrigan if available.

I really hope that Peterson can drop to us, but i'm not sure i'm drinking that kool-aid yet.
I really like this mock but we have 2 4th round picks I say we take marecic with the other u didn't mention and n the 3rd we should take Ricky stanzi
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
1. Panthers- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson – I think the panthers consider taking fairly however I think they end up with bowers who is a better playmaker he is one of the top pass rushers in this draft class he reminds me a lot of Julius peppers I think he would fit right in and jump start there defense
just one comment to this pick: bowers is a one-year-wonder and he isnt even considered as the ovr bpa in this draft. furthermore, the panthers need help at BOTH dt-positions...so either they go for fairley or for bpa, peterson.
they already have a pass-rushing DE in charles johnson and an emerging greg hardy...yes, they could need another DE but if you have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hole at DT and there is an excellent prospect available, why should you draft for any other position?

i dont see the cards pick a QB with their 1st-rounder...whisenhunt doesnt need another project, at least not here.
walterfootball.com: "How did Blaine Gabbert become a top-10 prospect? He played in a gimmick offense, was constantly out of shape and struggled with his accuracy..."
doesnt sound like he is pro-ready...but i must admit that i've never seen him play....could someone comment on these issues?

the other 1st-round picks sound very likely.

[ Edited by communist on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:15:35 ]
Soooo who exactly is our QB gonna be?

Enderle won't be drafted. He's a FA at best.

Sweet we got a pass rush and secondary but no damn QB. When did we wanna be the Raiders?
So you want us to wait untill 5th round to address one of our major needs... Not only that but a guy that will be undrafted is your pick?

[ Edited by fakers23 on Feb 2, 2011 at 12:43:09 ]
Not a bad mock at all.

Would rather keep the extra 4th and instead take a guy like Dontay Moch (OLB) in the 2nd.
No QB = No good.
I really like it, but I think Fua will be available in the 4th, so you can get QB in the 3rd like Ponder instead. I say this b/c I don't think Enderle is going to be the QB of the future.
Share 49ersWebzone