There are 629 users in the forums
i want Owen Marecic on the niners...
- 1 2
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:11 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Nice try Owen..
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM
- Tman
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,798
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM
- schmons
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,145
he'll be the first fullback taken in tbe third round is my guess
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Originally posted by schmons:
he'll be the first fullback taken in tbe third round is my guess
The 3rd round? Think again........ 5th round at the earliest. Not big enough to be considered an early round pick.
Feb 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
hes not the Owen I want at FB
Feb 1, 2011 at 8:32 PM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
He'll probably be a 4th-5th round guy. His ability to play on STs will definitely help his cause. Plus, he a good receiver out of the backfield and he's been the lead blocker for a stout rushing offense.
He kind os reminds me of Jacob Hester. Hester was a more proven rusher; however, they both kind of a "Jack of all trades" type of player and a coach's favorite.
He kind os reminds me of Jacob Hester. Hester was a more proven rusher; however, they both kind of a "Jack of all trades" type of player and a coach's favorite.
Feb 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM
- Jcool
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,536
Quote:
nfldraftscout New Era Scouting
going on the record to say the #49ers should draft Owen Marecic, FB/LB of Stanford.
Feb 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM
- TexasNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,879
Well, considering what Harbaugh thinks of him, we have a pretty good chance. Especially with extra mid and late round picks.
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM
- j3xperience
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,068
In his contract, make him cut his hair. that crap is grimey.
Good player. Emergency LB if we REALLY need.
Good player. Emergency LB if we REALLY need.
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
I have no idea why we still have Norris anyways.. but I would bet that Harbaugh and Rathman would request for Baalke to draft this two way player..
Feb 2, 2011 at 6:55 AM
- Kiwihill
- Veteran
- Posts: 72
His hair is long becuz he's growing it out to donate it to locks of love. It usually is short, and I want this guy a our wco fullback he also reminds me of Hester And I loved his play ability at standford he's one guy on draft day I'm praying we get. He can catch he can block, actaully he's a great blocker and were already deep at linebacker and he's just helps that much more at the position
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM
- KezarLivin
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,902
Originally posted by 9moon:
I have no idea why we still have Norris anyways.. but I would bet that Harbaugh and Rathman would request for Baalke to draft this two way player..
Because he was a "big, square-backed guy who can go in and bloody some noses" that was "perfect" for the Stone Age Raye Singletary offensive vision! Man I'm glad those days are behind us. I guy like Owen, who can run good routes, catch the ball and run the ball a little would be perfect. I just don't want to see another undersized OG lining up in the backfield again!
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:33 AM
- ghostrider
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,671
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Nice try Owen..
Feb 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,141
Not really sure why everyone is so high on him. Personally I want a more athletic FB, he is basically the college version of Norris.
After all, Owen Marecic, considered the top fullback in the draft, carried just 23 times for 46 yards and caught just nine passes all season for the Cardinal.
Read more: Maiocco: Gore was one-man RB committee
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
After all, Owen Marecic, considered the top fullback in the draft, carried just 23 times for 46 yards and caught just nine passes all season for the Cardinal.
Read more: Maiocco: Gore was one-man RB committee
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
- 1 2