There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

i want Owen Marecic on the niners...

• JRILL
  • Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WPFN4ClpiI

This guy is the ultimate football player, playing both sides of the ball. He would be great as a 49er. Obviously, we would draft him to play FB and he would also be an instant contributor to special teams. I think the niners should draft this guy in the 5th or 6th round... maybe even in the 4th...
Nice try Owen..
he'll be the first fullback taken in tbe third round is my guess
Originally posted by schmons:
he'll be the first fullback taken in tbe third round is my guess

The 3rd round? Think again........ 5th round at the earliest. Not big enough to be considered an early round pick.
hes not the Owen I want at FB
He'll probably be a 4th-5th round guy. His ability to play on STs will definitely help his cause. Plus, he a good receiver out of the backfield and he's been the lead blocker for a stout rushing offense.

He kind os reminds me of Jacob Hester. Hester was a more proven rusher; however, they both kind of a "Jack of all trades" type of player and a coach's favorite.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
nfldraftscout New Era Scouting

going on the record to say the #49ers should draft Owen Marecic, FB/LB of Stanford.
Well, considering what Harbaugh thinks of him, we have a pretty good chance. Especially with extra mid and late round picks.
In his contract, make him cut his hair. that crap is grimey.

Good player. Emergency LB if we REALLY need.
I have no idea why we still have Norris anyways.. but I would bet that Harbaugh and Rathman would request for Baalke to draft this two way player..
His hair is long becuz he's growing it out to donate it to locks of love. It usually is short, and I want this guy a our wco fullback he also reminds me of Hester And I loved his play ability at standford he's one guy on draft day I'm praying we get. He can catch he can block, actaully he's a great blocker and were already deep at linebacker and he's just helps that much more at the position
Originally posted by 9moon:
I have no idea why we still have Norris anyways.. but I would bet that Harbaugh and Rathman would request for Baalke to draft this two way player..

Because he was a "big, square-backed guy who can go in and bloody some noses" that was "perfect" for the Stone Age Raye Singletary offensive vision! Man I'm glad those days are behind us. I guy like Owen, who can run good routes, catch the ball and run the ball a little would be perfect. I just don't want to see another undersized OG lining up in the backfield again!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Nice try Owen..

Not really sure why everyone is so high on him. Personally I want a more athletic FB, he is basically the college version of Norris.

After all, Owen Marecic, considered the top fullback in the draft, carried just 23 times for 46 yards and caught just nine passes all season for the Cardinal.

Read more: Maiocco: Gore was one-man RB committee
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story