There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft w/trade for QB

Trade our 1st (7) and 5th and 2012 4th for the Eagles' 1st (23) and Quarterback Kevin Kolb.

Draft:
1st- OLB Ryan Kerrigan- Kerrigan is athletic and ready enough to play OLB in the NFL. Plus, Fangio's defense switches over to the 4-3 quite often, so Kerrigan would be right at home if that were to happen during the course of a game.

2nd- CB Jimmy Smith- I think we will restructure Nate's contract, so a CB trio tandem of Spencer, Clements and Smith will be solid.

3rd-WR Jerrel Jernigan- Jernigan will give our offense that lightning quick and speedy WR that we've needed for so long. Ginn will be used exclusively as a returner, and Crabtree, Morgan, Jernigan and Davis will be lethal in the WCO.

4th-FS Robert Sands- With Sands and Smith, our secondary gains a ton of youth and new playmakers. I know we have Mays and Smith, but both are iffy and Sands could be a starter in the future if either don't pan out.

4th-NT Sione Fua- With the addition of Fua, we will have a guy who can start next and spot Franklin. I think we will franchise Franklin one more time, and Fua will be our future at NT. Plus, the fact he played at Stanford doesn't hurt.

5th-FB Stanley Havili Havili will be our new WCO FB that is crucial to the offense. A runner, pass catcher and blocker morphed into one. Bye bye Moron Norris.

6th-RB Derrick Locke- Locke is a speedy RB who is going to be a change of pace guy for this offense. He's a small guy, but if you saw the Senior Bowl, he wasn't afraid to lower his shoulder and wasn't afraid of contact. If Westbrook leaves, this guy can be more than ready to split carries and touches with Gore and Dixon.

6th-CB Kendrick Burney- I know we picked up Jimmy Smith, but you can never have enough corners in this league. Burney is a good developmental prospect for CB. Looked good in the Senior Bowl.

7th-QB Scott Tolzien- With the trade for Kolb, we didn't need to draft a QB early. Tolzien is a good QB who will learn from Harbaugh and be our 3rd string QB and possibly backup of the future.
stopped reading when we traded our 1st for kolb, dont care if we got their 1st rd pick. kolb is not worth giving up the 7th overall
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
stopped reading when we traded our 1st for kolb, dont care if we got their 1st rd pick. kolb is not worth giving up the 7th overall

Well, if reports are saying that the Eagles want 2 first rounders for him, my scenario was much more realistic. Even after trading our number 7, we still get to draft a stud pass rusher in Kerrigan.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Well, if reports are saying that the Eagles want 2 first rounders for him, my scenario was much more realistic. Even after trading our number 7, we still get to draft a stud pass rusher in Kerrigan.

I think that's definitely realistic. Kolb would be a great QB to build around and that trade might work if they are targeting a player or two at that spot. I would prefer if you replace the FS pick with a QB (I see them taking Tolzien late as well). Mays and Smith are up and coming safeties, Goldson probably will resign, and I'd rather see them bolster the position with a vet.

the eagles demands will soften when they realize no team will trade a 1st for kolb, i will be shocked if a team trades a 1st for him unless that 1st is in high 20's or 30-32 but teams with those picks have established qbs

this

Not in 1 billion years would anyone give up 2 first for Kevin Kolb. Some team may be stupid enough to give up 1 first but I doubt it. Most credible experts put his price in the 2nd round range.
I like round 2 thru 7. I say keep the 7th... f**k KOLB, Matt cassel wasn't worth that. Maybe take a shot on a qb rather in round 3... Wr isn't a hugh need we have crabtree and morgan. Ginn is solid, and we have kyle williams who i think needs some playing time, and we have Z!
I've watched every throw Kolb has made in his limited playing time the past 2 years. Let me just say, that he is NOT an upgrade from Alex Smith. And this is coming from one of Alex's biggest critics.

1) Terrible deep ball. Almost Dorsey-like. Complete wobbler.

2) Accuracy is inconsistent, short to intermediate.

3) Has no pocket presence of which to speak of.

This reminds me a lot of the AJ Feeley hype. If you remember, the savvy Eagles front office squirmed a 2nd rounder from the Dolphins for Feeley. Feeley went on to have a terrible year with the Dolphins and wasn't heard from since.

If we trade our 1st for their 1st for Kolb, I will break my wall.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I like round 2 thru 7. I say keep the 7th... f**k KOLB, Matt cassel wasn't worth that. Maybe take a shot on a qb rather in round 3... Wr isn't a hugh need we have crabtree and morgan. Ginn is solid, and we have kyle williams who i think needs some playing time, and we have Z!

Cassel threw 27td and 7 int this year with a 93 QB rating......
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Todd Haley carries him.
Originally posted by Owens81Owns:
I've watched every throw Kolb has made in his limited playing time the past 2 years. Let me just say, that he is NOT an upgrade from Alex Smith. And this is coming from one of Alex's biggest critics.

This reminds me a lot of the AJ Feeley hype. If you remember, the savvy Eagles front office squirmed a 2nd rounder from the Dolphins for Feeley. Feeley went on to have a terrible year with the Dolphins and wasn't heard from since.

kolb played in a system at houston whee the main play was the bubble screen---as people begrudge alex smith coming from a spread system in college, so did kolb
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Todd Haley carries him.

I'm hoping harbaugh carries our future QB like this
live here in philly so really pay attention to whats goin on with the birds...

Asking price was reportedly 2 firsts last season, now as the backup after the up and down season he had no team would do that trade, except of course for the eagles.

More realistically Kolb could be had for a second rounder HOWEVER, because so many teams need a QB teams will raise that price in a supposed bidding war for him.

I believe Kolb could be had for a 2nd rounder this year, and a pick next year anywhere between the 2nd-4th round, depending on performance.

I would trade a 2011 second and 2012 a third or fourth for him in a heartbeat, probably even two 2nds
Originally posted by hofer36:

kolb played in a system at houston whee the main play was the bubble screen---as people begrudge alex smith coming from a spread system in college, so did kolb

Well, Joe Flacco came from a spread system as well, yet he is one of the best young QB's in football right now.

Personally, I see Kolb and both Alex as backup material. Nothing stands out about them.