There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

robert quinn vs von miller

robert quinn vs von miller

simple question assuming were not gonna take CB QB or whatever these are the top two pass rushers on the board at our pick who would you take

as for me i would take quinn in addition to the perfect size-speed-height-weight ratio hes a beast he works hard and plays and loves the game he also sets and has high goals for himself

thse are the things i like in a player

who would u guys rather see in a niner uniform?

Robert quinn:http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/11/12/1810510/robert-quinn-nfl-draft-scouting-report

von miller: http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/20/1947161/von-miller-nfl-draft-scouting-report

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 8, 2011 at 16:46:45 ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Vonn miller all the way.
Miller has way more burst, but way less size. Quinn relies on his outside move a lot and is very strong, but he's kind of a long-strider (like Lawson heh)...I have no idea...but I think if Miller could bulk up to 250 and keep his burst/athleticism he'd be a monster.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
simple question assuming were not gonna take CB QB or whatever these are the top two pass rushers on the board at our pick who would you take

as for me i would take quinn in addition to the perfect size-speed-height-weight ratio hes a beast he works hard and plays and loves the game he also sets and has high goals for himself

Quinn - over another aaron maybin... he'll be a 4-3 WILL
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Quinn - over another aaron maybin... he'll be a 4-3 WILL

I won't compare Von to Maybin - but I do believe 4-3 will get the absolute best out of Von Miller. Von Miller reminds me about Julian Peterson and Peterson was a damn good player, but in 4-3. Peterson could still play in 3-4, but wasn't as effective as he was in 4-3.
I dont think people realize how good Quinn really is, IF and I know its a big if, he had played this past season IMO he would be the first overall pick
Originally posted by cory4903:
I dont think people realize how good Quinn really is, IF and I know its a big if, he had played this past season IMO he would be the first overall pick

With Panthers picking first up, he would have been the front runner.

The guy is a beast. If he can add a spin move to the inside (and there is no reason to believe he can't), he will be a clone to Dwight Freeney - only bigger, faster, and stronger.

Von Miller is really good too, but not sure if he can handle 3-4 defense for the whole season (likely 18 games) year after year.
I think Von Miller is much more powerful than people realize. He has a good build, that could easily put on another 10lbs. Ideally, he could be the next Derrick Thomas, and if not, he'll still be a very good player.

Ideally, Quinn could be like Peppers, but he could also bust pretty bad. I think Von Miller is the safer pick, with just as much if not more upside.
What about Aldon Smith? He lined up EVERYWHERE in college and was a force. Line him up inside, outside, drop him into coverage...dude looks like a beast, and he's got that shiftiness and burst that I worry about Quinn not having.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
What about Aldon Smith? He lined up EVERYWHERE in college and was a force. Line him up inside, outside, drop him into coverage...dude looks like a beast, and he's got that shiftiness and burst that I worry about Quinn not having.

Agreed. Aldon Smith is my favorite pass rusher in this draft. Might be a smart move to trade down and get him in picks 15-20 .
i'm going to go with Quinn.
I'd like to see this poll put up after the combine.
If the team can assure themselves that character is not an issue Quinn would be my choice because he seems to have the killer instinct needed in a pass rusher.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If the team can assure themselves that character is not an issue Quinn would be my choice because he seems to have the killer instinct needed in a pass rusher.

I don't think character is an issue. Seems just like a case of a young guy being tempted by some luxuries he couldn't afford. Sure he shouldn't have taken agent bribes, but beyond being a stupid decision on his part, it is understandable. Certainly doesn't mean he's a bad kid. If anything, I'd think he'd learned his lesson.
This whole Quinn talk is pointless until we see what kind of shape he is in at the Combine.