SWAGG filled Rankings PRE Sr. Bowl Edition

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
..................why are Stanzi and Dalton the top 2 players?

Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL. They are the 2 best quarterbacks.

I can see your logic.... But what makes Stanzi the best QB in your opinion?

I think it was how amazing Stanzi was in his Bowl Game performances

His team has won all 3 Bowl Games he's played in.

And his play was anything but good. You would hope he would have 1 great bowl performance right?

Last years Orange Bowl against a very good GT team
17/29 231yds 8.0avg 2td 1int

That was after not playing for almost 2 months because of his ankle injury.

But hey lets be you and judge a guys whole career on 1 or 2 games. Because you know thats how to really measure a persons talent.

LOL That win wasnt Stanzi that was all Clayborn and Iowas defense. For real GT defense wasnt that great. Their offense could ground a team down tho. I think they lead college in top and rushing. Stanzi had some grat field position and imo left a bunch of points off the board with his eratic throws. Clayborn ended being MVP that Bowl game. You do know that like 2010 in 2009 Stanzi was playing like s**t fora good 4 game stretch then got hurt.
Nice comic relief.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Thanks for a fresh and bold perspective.

People say: "QB (or some other critical position) is a weak class this year" You cannot tell. The year the Niners picked first was supposedly weak because Lienart did not come out. In retrospect there's probably a HOFer at QB (barring injury) coming out of the '05 class, and the strong '06 class seems to be tanking (Although not ncessarily).

Now some say: "Bad QB class". I don't think so. What's your opinion?

Second question: Would you draft your QB in round #1, or take a flyer on hoping he slips and taking him later?

Taking into consideration that:

1. QB position is BY FAR the most important position and your team's future depends on it; and

2. Can one rely on all the other team's FOs not recognizing an obvious talent and snaping him up beforehand?

Or you could judge the first two equal in talent and hope that one of them falls.

What say you?

I think this years QB class is about average. I think Gabbert, Newton, and Locker (the pundits top 3) are all complete trash. However, i think Stanzi, Dalton, and Ponder all have the tools to become good-great NFL qb's.

It's tough to tell whether i would draft a qb in rd 1. I don't have nfl connections to tell whether or not Dalton and Stanzi are being given 1st round grades. I suppose if i knew for a fact Dalton or Stanzi would be there in the 2nd or 3rd round then absolutely i'd draft them later.

If i lived in my own bubble i would not hesitate to take either in round 1. The whole idea of drafting is getting the most VALUE for your pick. That's what makes a GM's job so difficult. Is guy A worth taking right here and now, or can i wait a round? It's like Baalke w/ Anthony Davis. He felt someone else was gonna move on him so he traded up to get him. Yet, Dallas for instance, had a 3rd round grade on Davis. It's all very tricky. NFL connections are key.

Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL. They are the 2 best quarterbacks.

And his play was anything but good. You would hope he would have 1 great bowl performance right?

But hey lets be you and judge a guys whole career on 1 or 2 games. Because you know thats how to really measure a persons talent.

LOL That win wasnt Stanzi that was all Clayborn and Iowas defense. For real GT defense wasnt that great. Their offense could ground a team down tho. I think they lead college in top and rushing. Stanzi had some grat field position and imo left a bunch of points off the board with his eratic throws. Clayborn ended being MVP that Bowl game. You do know that like 2010 in 2009 Stanzi was playing like s**t fora good 4 game stretch then got hurt.

Whatever bro. You're a Stanzi hater. Thats fine. People either love him or hate him, no middle ground with him. You do you, i'll do me. We'll see who's right in 5yrs.

Whatever bro. You're a Stanzi hater. Thats fine. People either love him or hate him, no middle ground with him. You do you, i'll do me. We'll see who's right in 5yrs.

I dont hate Stanzi at all. Id take him from the 4th rd on down. I expect him to atleast be a good back up. He doesnt have any elite potential imo to make him a quality starter. His hot n cold streaks also scare th hell out of me in taking him any higher than the 4th rd.
This is a ranking of how good i believe the players are, not how the draft will turn out.
Essentially my big board if i were to draft BPA.

1. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
2. Andy Dalton QB TCU
3. AJ Green WR Georgia
4. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
5. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
6. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
7. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
8. Tyron Smith OT USC
9. Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
10. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
11. Marcel Darius DT Alabama
12. Robert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina
13. Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
14. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
15. Mark Ingram RB Alabama
16. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
17. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
18. Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma
19. Cam Jordan DE California
20. Aldon Smith DE Missouri
21. Julio Jones WR Alabama
22. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
23. Derek Sherrod OT Miss. St.
24. Allen Bailey DE Miami
25. Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
26. Rahim Moore S UCLA
27. Anthony Castonzo OT BC
28. Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
29. Lee Ziemba OG Auburn
30. Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada
31. Nate Solder OT Colorado
32. Delone Carter RB Syracuse

I'm FULLY aware that my rankings are different from most pundits and thats JUST FINE BY ME. I welcome all questions as to why i have people slotted where they are, just ask.

Ricky Stanzi is the best player in the whole draft?

Oh boy. Where to begin?

- Leadership is off the charts.
- Flawless mechanics
- Runs a pro style system
- Can make all the throws
- Excellent mobility, feet, pocket awareness
- Huge improvement Jr. to Sr. year (very important in my eyes)
- Moxie
- Very accurate on the run/rollout
- Comeback Kid. Doesn't let mistakes or negative things affect him.
- Bit of a gunslinger in a good way, meaning he'll give his wr's a chance to make a play

I got plenty more if you want.

If stanzi does turn out to be the best QB in this draft for all the above reasons--Swagg is going to find himself with a good scout job on some NFL team!!

all those reasons above would describe Montana in 1979!
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Thanks for a fresh and bold perspective.

People say: "QB (or some other critical position) is a weak class this year" You cannot tell. The year the Niners picked first was supposedly weak because Lienart did not come out. In retrospect there's probably a HOFer at QB (barring injury) coming out of the '05 class, and the strong '06 class seems to be tanking (Although not ncessarily).

Now some say: "Bad QB class". I don't think so. What's your opinion?

Second question: Would you draft your QB in round #1, or take a flyer on hoping he slips and taking him later?

Taking into consideration that:

1. QB position is BY FAR the most important position and your team's future depends on it; and

2. Can one rely on all the other team's FOs not recognizing an obvious talent and snaping him up beforehand?

Or you could judge the first two equal in talent and hope that one of them falls.

What say you?

I think this years QB class is about average. I think Gabbert, Newton, and Locker (the pundits top 3) are all complete trash. However, i think Stanzi, Dalton, and Ponder all have the tools to become good-great NFL qb's.

It's tough to tell whether i would draft a qb in rd 1. I don't have nfl connections to tell whether or not Dalton and Stanzi are being given 1st round grades. I suppose if i knew for a fact Dalton or Stanzi would be there in the 2nd or 3rd round then absolutely i'd draft them later.

If i lived in my own bubble i would not hesitate to take either in round 1. The whole idea of drafting is getting the most VALUE for your pick. That's what makes a GM's job so difficult. Is guy A worth taking right here and now, or can i wait a round? It's like Baalke w/ Anthony Davis. He felt someone else was gonna move on him so he traded up to get him. Yet, Dallas for instance, had a 3rd round grade on Davis. It's all very tricky. NFL connections are key.

Thanks for the response.

OK, so it sounds to me like you would take Stanzi at #7. Pretty bold. You'd take a lot of flak and criticism from the 'zone for that. But I say "good on ya".

A man of conviction. After all it's only the most important position on the roster, by a large margin. It'll make or break a team. Witness the Niners' last six years!

I wonder if there is anything going on at the senior bowl that would make you change your mind on your rankings.
This is by far the most far out rankings I have ever seen. Extremly hilarious.

So I guess you will be really jazzed if we draft Stanzi or Dalton in whatever round?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good list. I love both Dalton and Stanzi more than the top supposed 4.

and im being serious. great Job, though Im not as high on Tyron Smith as some are.

I like Ijalana, and Love more.

I absolutely disagree with alot of the list but I don't think its stupid, I think we all have our opinions about players and if any of us knew then there would never be Tom Brady's. So while I laugh alot at all the mad crap people are throwing I dare them to come up with something similar thats better. (and try to not copy ESPN haha)