LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

New Draftcountdown Mock

I'm sure most of you would love to see this play out this way. What do you think of the rest of the picks? The mock looks pretty good to me

draftcountdown.com

Quote:
The first order of business for new head coach Jim Harbaugh is to address the quarterback situation, which has been the 49ers Achilles' heel for years. The question is, will Harbaugh like any of the signal callers available enough to tie his fortunes to them? Furthermore, will the uber-competitive Harbaugh be willing to put up with the growing pains of a young quarterback or will he prefer to add a veteran who will allow the team to be competitive immediately? Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert is certainly a strong possibility, but it wouldn’t be a total shock if San Francisco opted to look elsewhere with this pick. The Niners also have a glaring hole at cornerback, where Nate Clements is a shell of his former self and there is little else to speak of in terms of starting-caliber talent. Patrick Peterson of L.S.U. is a true playmaker in the secondary and a rare physical specimen, checking in at 6-1 and 222 pounds with elite athleticism and legit 4.4 speed. If Peterson is gone, which is entirely possible, Nebraska’s Prince Amukamara wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The 49ers might also consider North Carolina’s Robert Quinn to be the impact pass rusher they have been searching for at outside linebacker. Odds are this is quarterback or cornerback though.
[ Edited by asu49ers on Jan 22, 2011 at 4:48 AM ]
Von Miller at 3?

that's the only pick that doesn't seem like it belongs. Everything else can happen.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
His reasoning for Miller makes sense, my roommate is a Bills fan and he was saying that they need D-line or OLB in the worst possible way.
At least he acknowledges our needs which gives the mock credability in my eyes. Seems most of these prognosticators pull names from a hat.
Love it!!
I say this regardless of the fact that I'd LOVE that pick.

This is ALOT better than that last mock that Scott Wright put out
Awesome
Your link is broken, please fix if possible.

I love the mock, and Peterson would be a HUGE upgrade, I would love to see a 2nd round where we got either OLB, QB or safety.

After the Maybin fiasco, I can't see the Bills reaching for another undersized pass rusher for their 3-4. It's more likely they take Dareus to solidify their d-line, then trade back in to the late 1st to get someone like Houston, Kerrigan or Jabaal Sheard.

Then again, it is the Bills.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
While I would really love us to address our OLB need early...if Peterson drops he has to be the pick. IMO he's at worst the #2 player in this draft. To get him at #7 would be awesome.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
After the Maybin fiasco, I can't see the Bills reaching for another undersized pass rusher for their 3-4. It's more likely they take Dareus to solidify their d-line, then trade back in to the late 1st to get someone like Houston, Kerrigan or Jabaal Sheard.

Then again, it is the Bills.

I agree they go Dareus. But if they are looking Miller, I'd go Quinn.
Originally posted by genus49:
While I would really love us to address our OLB need early...if Peterson drops he has to be the pick. IMO he's at worst the #2 player in this draft. To get him at #7 would be awesome.

Completely agree. I don't think going after a CB early is a good idea unless its Peterson. If he's available, we'd have to pick him.
Share 49ersWebzone