Mike Mayock shares his initial thoughts on the top QBs in the 2011 draft class.
- Without franchise QB wont make it to Superbowl.
- Cam Newton to early to tell where he will go, better technique then Tebow or Young. One look guy if its there he takes it if not hes out.
- Blaine Gabbert big kid, athletic can make every throw, a little bit flat footed (catch, rock and throw guy) needs to see some footwork through the proses.
- Ryan Mallet big arm can make every throw, questionable decision maker in the pocket.
- Jake Locker most had as a top pick last year, now most think is after thought, he is not, a top 15 talent. Question is accuracy, never been over 58% completion. Outside the pocket he is wonderful: very accurate, big arm, gifted kid. Inside the pocket: accuracy goes down when his vision goes down. Needs to convince teams he can slide/move in the pocket and increase accuracy.
- Andy Dalton really impressed at Manning QB camp last summer. Bigger arm then originally thought. Very football smart, high football IQ, a leader. In Rose Bowl made every throw. Should move up draft boards.
- You need ones of these guys hard part is figuring out intangibles: what kind of kid he is, how hard of a worker he is and his football IQ.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM ]