There are 189 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kalens 2nd Mock Offseason

So I'm trying to keep the mock offseason realistic, meaning not signing Asomugha and Hali and all that stuff. Also we all gotta realize that we can't fix every problem we have in one offseason. Assuming the CBA gets sorted out, I think we will be active in trades and free agency, no huge signings but active. Here goes....

Trade
2012 5th round pick (conditional and can be moved up to a 4th) to Washington for QB Donovan McNabb. Where did i pull these picks from? On the ESPN Football Podcast, Adam Schefter said that McNabb could be had for this price, ALSO we can restructure his contract too.

Free Agency
Donald Driver WR - We really lack a veteran WR on this team, Driver knows the WCO inside out and he is still a productive receiver. Crabtree and Morgan will learn a lot from Driver, and that gives us 3 good receivers.

Josh Wilson CB - Had a very solid season for Baltimore, played especially well in the playoffs this year. Can be a solid #2/#3 CB

Kamerion Wimbley OLB - Solid passrusher, would be instantly the best outside rusher we would have on this team. He doesn't fix our pass rush woes but he will help and be relatively cheap.

Players Re-Signed
Aubrayo Franklin - Need him on this team
Troy Smith - Good leadership and would be the #3 QB
Nate Clements (Restructured contract)
Manny Lawson
Takeo Spikes
Brian Westbrook
David Baas
Travis LaBoy
Eric Heitmann

Draft

Round 1 - Prince Amukamara CB - Potential to be a shutdown CB and lord knows we need all the help we can get in the secondary.

Round 2 - Best QB available, whether its Devlin, Stanzi, Dalton or if Locker slips down here, I trust Harbaugh and Baalke to make the right choice. And I think everyone knows we need a real QB to develop for the future.

Round 3 - Brooks Reed OLB/DE - Need all the passrushers we can get, Haralson just annoys me at this point and it seems like Brooks was a one year wonder for us. LaBoy, Wimbley and Reed sounds good to me.

Round 4 [A] - Sione Fua NT - Knows the defense we are gonna run and adds excellent depth to the D-Line

Round 4 [B] - Austin Pettis WR - After Crabtree, Driver and Morgan, I'm not sure how I feel about our WR's, I like Ginn's return ability but Pettis can challenge for some play time in 4WR sets.

Round 5 - Owen Marecic FB - Tired of Norris and Marecic knows the Harbaugh offense

Round 6-7 BPA

Notable Changes to the Depth Chart
QB: McNabb, Round 2 QB, Troy Smith
FB: Marecic
WR: Crabtree, Driver, Morgan, Ginn, Pettis

OLB: Lawson, Wimbley, Reed, LaBoy
CB: Amukamara, Spencer, Wilson, Brown
S: Clements, Reggie Smith, Mays, Curtis Taylor
Not a bad mock.
Kalen...this is the most realistic and attainable mock i have seen....mine was this as well. I hope we get mcnabb and prince and can get a fa olb de in fa.

If we take a de olb in the first vs prince then get a fa cb. That way we take care of our three big needs.
Not the most realistic but definitely one of my favorites.
I would not complain if that's how the off-season unfolded
I love the Fa moves and the mock draft. Best I've seen. For dome reason I think we will draft a RB somewhere in the draft with some speed
Well done, my friend! I wouldn't be thrilled about trading for McNabb, but I could live with it for a year or so.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM ]
  • tstej
  • Veteran
Driver is signed through 2012 but another receiver from the Packers that will be a free agent is James Jones.
Good Mock...

The thing i love about Mcnabb is that he is much cheaper and is proven and is not a big risk. Josh Johnson and Orton and Kolb are too pricey. Kolb is never going to be traded anyways. He is like Matt Schaub when he backed up Vick in Atlanta. People wanted to trade for him every year but Atlanta waited.

Taking Prince or the best Defensive Player on the Board is great and then with our 2nd pick we take the best Qb. I trust Harbaugh and Baleke to make the right choice. If we get the right Qb then it doesn't matter at what spot you draft him. If the Patriots had taken Brady in the 1st instead of the 6th it wouldn't matter if they overpaid for him. he turned out to be the right guy for the system. We just need to trust them because they know what kind of Qb we need...
very good and realistic
Thanks Guys. I didn't know Driver was signed through 2012 (anyone confirm this?) In that case I'd take out Driver there and put in James Jones
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Thanks Guys. I didn't know Driver was signed through 2012 (anyone confirm this?) In that case I'd take out Driver there and put in James Jones

Jones is also alot younger. Solid work, Kalen. My pick would be Dalton at this point for the QB of the future.
I like it! If signing McNabb means he doesn't go to Arizona, I think its a bonus. The only two areas you didn't address are RG and FS. I am not sold on Smith at FS.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Jones is also alot younger. Solid work, Kalen. My pick would be Dalton at this point for the QB of the future.

I went with Driver thinking he was a free agent and wold be cheaper and could serve as a mentor to Crabtree and Morgan. But yeah, getting Jones would be awesome as an alternative.