There are 236 users in the forums

Should we prepare for luck now?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by highway49:
Need two to dance....IMO and the team at #1 ain't gonna trade out # 1 if luck is there.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but usually a team with the first overall pick has a ton of holes, and three first round picks can do a lot. I really don't think the Niners have too many wholes. I'd say they're QB, RG, OLB, and CB. In this scenario, we could pick a CB with our late first this year, pick a guard with one of our thirds (maybe even both 3rd round picks), and use free agency to get an OLB.

There is a hole in your whole of theories. Besides we had a whole lot of holes and still picked Alex.
And we desperately tried to trade down, but no one wanted to trade up for Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers wasn't considered an elite prospect
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Need two to dance....IMO and the team at #1 ain't gonna trade out # 1 if luck is there.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but usually a team with the first overall pick has a ton of holes, and three first round picks can do a lot. I really don't think the Niners have too many wholes. I'd say they're QB, RG, OLB, and CB. In this scenario, we could pick a CB with our late first this year, pick a guard with one of our thirds (maybe even both 3rd round picks), and use free agency to get an OLB.

There is a hole in your whole of theories. Besides we had a whole lot of holes and still picked Alex.
And we desperately tried to trade down, but no one wanted to trade up for Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers wasn't considered an elite prospect

Not for what we wanted, should have cut our losses and taken less. Might have been laughed at, but hindsight being 20/20-people would now say good move.
i cant recall if peyton manning even got this kind of attention before he was drafted. he was the peyton manning before andrew luck (the next peyton manning) was even around.

why would any one person be worth 3 first round picks.....thats essentially throwing 2 drafts at a player. a first round pick isnt worth much if you cant target other needs to develop and put in gaps as you go. how did ricky williams turn out for the saints. certainly worked out for the cowboys who grabbed all their picks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Remember the bush bowl talk a couple of years ago.

Now we are going to have the luck bowl?

God, I hope not.

Bush can not be called a bust, but for a #2 pick, he is close.
Your kidding right?.......tell me your not serious and this was just a big joke to see what people have to say about the dumbest suggestion for this coming draft ever.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wheres the mods?...............two stupid threads on this [img=]

luck is a great talent but he may not look as impressive in 2011 without harbaugh, as well as 2 of his starting olineman, and receivers whalen and baldwin

if barkley ups his game, things could be interesting as to who the top qb in the draft will be

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Worst thread of the year!

Unless Luck regresses or pulls a Eli/ Elway or that number one team already has a franchise QB. It really isn't set in stone that insert team with 1st pick ends up with Luck.

I'd much rather do this then bust on a quarterback. This sets us back one year. Drafting the wrong quarterback sets us back 5. That's the worse idea ever. We need a quarterback now. Who's your guy.
if sadly we owned the first pick overall next year with all this fan talk id rather be the team that takes 3 first round draft picks instead of drafting luck. that would be the most ridiculous trade. idc if luck turns into joe montana id still rather have 3 first rounders instead of him
Share 49ersWebzone