Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 788 users in the forums

Krizay mock 1.0

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by Go49erss:
If Green is available when we pick we got to pick him. BPA is the way to go for the draft.

this
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,581
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.

3, 6 and 8 are the only real options for Green before the 10th pick.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.

3, 6 and 8 are the only real options for Green before the 10th pick.

I truly believe if he's there at 6 the Browns will take him
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.

3, 6 and 8 are the only real options for Green before the 10th pick.

Our problems have been mostly on offense, and Morgan is average. I could see the Niners drafting BPA and taking Green. Our WR's would be set with Green and Crabtree starting.

I agree we need a OLB and a CB badly, but again it's our offense that has struggled and there is depth at CB in this draft.

Just sayin, I could see it....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,581
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.

3, 6 and 8 are the only real options for Green before the 10th pick.

Our problems have been mostly on offense, and Morgan is average. I could see the Niners drafting BPA and taking Green. Our WR's would be set with Green and Crabtree starting.

I agree we need a OLB and a CB badly, but again it's our offense that has struggled and there is depth at CB in this draft.

Just sayin, I could see it....

I agree, but the chicken and the egg theory MAY apply here. Harbaugh is an offensive minded coach. So maybe, he A) thinks he can get this group turned around. B) want to see exactly what we have before addressing that side of the ball.

Now obviously there are a few players at different positions that could help us at #7. I feel Harbaugh can do more with less than the defense. Not too mention defense hasn't exactly have been stellar. Yea we ranked middle of the pack on defense. But was horrible against the pass. 24th overall, 3rd worst completion % allowed(65.1%), 7 worst in QB rating(90.whatever)

Also FWIW, we were also middle of the pack in passing offense. With the QB position being more of the problem than the WR's.

With all that said, I'd be more than happy to have Green on this team. As I too feel we could use another good WR.
It's essentially the Michael Crabtree theory. In the very unlikely event that AJ Green is there at 7, we most certainly take him if he is. AJ Green could very well go #1 overall. Especially if he runs under a 4.4 40 time. Regardles if our WR core were Andre Johnson and Megatron, you don't pass on a talent like Green. You just don't do it.
no to unc guys
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
AJ Green could run a 4.7 40 and would still be a top 7 pick. No way he drops as far as you have him.

3, 6 and 8 are the only real options for Green before the 10th pick.

Our problems have been mostly on offense, and Morgan is average. I could see the Niners drafting BPA and taking Green. Our WR's would be set with Green and Crabtree starting.

I agree we need a OLB and a CB badly, but again it's our offense that has struggled and there is depth at CB in this draft.

Just sayin, I could see it....

I agree, but the chicken and the egg theory MAY apply here. Harbaugh is an offensive minded coach. So maybe, he A) thinks he can get this group turned around. B) want to see exactly what we have before addressing that side of the ball.

Now obviously there are a few players at different positions that could help us at #7. I feel Harbaugh can do more with less than the defense. Not too mention defense hasn't exactly have been stellar. Yea we ranked middle of the pack on defense. But was horrible against the pass. 24th overall, 3rd worst completion % allowed(65.1%), 7 worst in QB rating(90.whatever)

Also FWIW, we were also middle of the pack in passing offense. With the QB position being more of the problem than the WR's.

With all that said, I'd be more than happy to have Green on this team. As I too feel we could use another good WR.

I personally prefer a PR demon, will be happy with a potential lock down CB, and could see the sense in a potentially dominant WR.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone