LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Krizay mock 1.0

• krizay
  • Veteran
1. Carolina- Nick fairley DT, Auburn----Panthers have many many needs and take best player in the draft.

2. Arizona (from Denver)- Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri----Desperately needs a QB.
3. Buffalo- Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama---Bills need to build the line on both sides of the ball

4. Cincinatti-, Da' Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson---With no T.O. and Ocho may take A.J. Green but seen what the offense could do without the two the last couple games last year. Seriously need a pass rush.

5. Denver(from Arizona)- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU---With the possible loss of Champ they need a CB.

6. Houston (from Cleveland)- Prince Amukamaru, CB, Nebraska----While A.J. Green would have been the concensus for the Browns here. Mike Holmgrem knows he doesn't need a high profile WR. So they get extra picks. While Houton acts aggressively to get a nice addition to their leaky pass D.

7. S.F.- Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, UNC--- Came down to A.J. Green/Von Miller/or Quinn. We desperately need a pass rush so Quinn is our guy.

8. Tenn- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn---Not the move I would make but with VY on the outs. They get their new VY.

9. Dallas- Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss.St. Came down to Von Miller or Derek Sherrod

10. Washington- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia need playmakers.

11. Cleveland (from Houston)- Von Miller, OLB, Texas A & M. Almost still got Green but settled for a pass rusher they desperately need.

Now onto the rest of the 9ers draft.

Quote:
7. S.F.- Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, UNC

2nd round- Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma---IMO we don't really have any good safeties on the team. We get a chance to add a very versatile one here.

3rd round- Christian Ponder, QB, FSU--- a low risk option for Harbaugh with a high reward possibility.

4th round(a)- Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska---A talented WR that has some character concerns that drops his stock.

4th round(b)- Greg Romeus, OLB, Pitt--Back injury/surgery keeping him out for most of 2010 hurts his stock. We scoop up another Pass rush 1st OLB.

5th round---Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond. Small school guy who was the best at the CAA level.

6th round(a)---Ryan Jones, CB, Nortwest Missouri St. Another small school CB that showed brilliance at the lesser level. With our shaky secondary taking chances on Rogers and Jones won't hurt at this point in the draft.

6th round(b)---Chase Beeler, C, Standford The addition of Chase could allow us to move Baas or Heitman back to the OG position with Beeler serving as the backup to the other.

7th round(a) Brandon Saine, RB, Ohio St. A speedy, powerful back who can also catch out of the backfield. May take either Westy or Dixons spot.

7th round(b)-Cory Grant, DT/DE TCU
AZ trading up to get Gabbert makes no sense when they can wait to get him at 5
Originally posted by valrod33:

He just wanted Denver to pick Peterson at a reasonable spot. The Houston trade is unlikely too, but he clearly wanted to create a scenario where both CBs are gone so people wont cry that we didn't take one.
  • tstej
  • Veteran
Cleveland is switching to a 4-3 and I'm not sure how well he would fit in a 4-3 system.
Sorry krizay, but you lost me after the Carolina pick. That said, we'd be incredibly lucky to get Quinn at #7...I think after he knocks the s**t out of the combine (and squashes all the "bad character" issues during the face-to-face interviews), he could be a top 3 pick.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
yeah I don't buy the denver trade but I could buy the houston one, houston REALLY needs a top CB
Aj Green dropping to # 10 makes sense in a way as WR tend to drop, but he is already being touted as the second coming of megatron, ak Cal Johnson...and he could just as well go way earlier.....
Would not be upset at all with the Quinn pick. With the 2 CB's gone to me it's a nobrainer.

Love the Romeus pick. I believe he was a consensus projected 1st rounder until injuries slowed him
If Green is available when we pick we got to pick him. BPA is the way to go for the draft.
That Houston pick is very realistic, I actually see it happening

This mock fails because CBA ain't happening before the draft and Browns have two many holes too fill to give up what is necessary to move up that much. Gabbert can be had without moving up.
[ Edited by WildBill on Jan 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
This mock fails because CBA ain't happening before the draft and Browns have two many holes too fill to give up what is necessary to move up that much. Gabbert can be had without moving up.

Well, your comment fails cause the Browns moved back n this trade to get more picks because they do have holes!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:

Buff and Cincy could both go QB. With a QB Ari could challenge for the division.

Quote:
He just wanted Denver to pick Peterson at a reasonable spot. The Houston trade is unlikely too, but he clearly wanted to create a scenario where both CBs are gone so people wont cry that we didn't take one.

Well I actually had us drafting Prince in my mock. Then when I did the projection up to our pick I obviously had to change picks.

Quote:
Cleveland is switching to a 4-3 and I'm not sure how well he would fit in a 4-3 system

Didn't know they were.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:

Buff and Cincy could both go QB. With a QB Ari could challenge for the division.

Quote:

Well I actually had us drafting Prince in my mock. Then when I did the projection up to our pick I obviously had to change picks.

Quote:
Cleveland is switching to a 4-3 and I'm not sure how well he would fit in a 4-3 system

Didn't know they were.

Cleveland hired Dick Jauron as their new DC. Probably moving to a 4-3
Not a bad mock Kirzay
Share 49ersWebzone