There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Big D mock

Think we really go all in for a strong D in this draft.

The cb position is super deep in this draft and with that said:

1.) Robert Quinn (de/olb) pass rush monster.

2.) Aldon Smith or Dontay Moch (olb) makes our pass rush a major weapon, helps our db's out by not having to cover for so dam long!

3.) Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams or Ras-I-Dowling (cb) these guys are excellent db's and can start at corner for us right away.

4a.) Colin Kaepernick (qb) our future qb - has the measurables and the tools if developed.

4b.) Stanley Havili (fb) excellent pass catching fb and will be killer in the WCO

5.) Jaquiz Rodgers (rb) speed and quickness and can be a change of pace rb or motioned out as a wr - will create huge matchup problems for opposing D.

6a.) Kevin kowalski (c) depth and possible starter in a year or 2.

6b) Greg Salas (wr) has great hands and runs great routes, remindes me a little of Dwight Clark. I think he starts for this team as Jim gets rid of Morgan and Ginn. Someone has a video of him posted.

7.) Danial Kilgore (og) depth.

With this draft, we will have a top 10 D by years end that will be able to help us win games like the Jets, Steelers and Ravens.

We also pickup a starting WR and OG in FA.

Still need a FA qb as well but I don't like any of them myself.
Originally posted by rk1642:
1.) Robert Quinn (de/olb) pass rush monster.

Not a huge fan of him, I think he's overrated.

Originally posted by rk1642:
3.) Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams or Ras-I-Dowling (cb) these guys are excellent db's and can start at corner for us right away.

No way they last that long

Originally posted by rk1642:
4a.) Colin Kaepernick (qb) our future qb - has the measurables and the tools if developed.

He is not a good QB

Originally posted by rk1642:
We also pickup a starting WR and OG in FA.

Okay...who? The free agent market for WRs and OGs is pretty slim, and you seem to think we'll get FA starters at these positions.

I don't like this mock.
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:
1.) Robert Quinn (de/olb) pass rush monster.

Not a huge fan of him, I think he's overrated.

Originally posted by rk1642:
3.) Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams or Ras-I-Dowling (cb) these guys are excellent db's and can start at corner for us right away.

No way they last that long

Originally posted by rk1642:
4a.) Colin Kaepernick (qb) our future qb - has the measurables and the tools if developed.

He is not a good QB

Originally posted by rk1642:
We also pickup a starting WR and OG in FA.

Okay...who? The free agent market for WRs and OGs is pretty slim, and you seem to think we'll get FA starters at these positions.

I don't like this mock.


Thats okay that you don't like the mock but give a few details if you don't mind.

Quinn is not overrated and all the boards I've seen have him in the top 10 and is a big need for us.

One of those db's will be there in the 1st part of the 3rd as this draft is heavy in cb's.

I think Colin Kaepernick can be a very good qb in the NFL with the right coaching. He had great numbers in college, has size, quickness/speed of foot, with above average arm strength. What makes you say he's not a good qb?

The FA market for wr's is not slim and I'd like Sydney Rice or Mike Walker Sims.

Have not looked into the OG position enough yet but I'd imagine we could get a servicable player in FA if we don't keep our own.
I would actually love Quinn if he's there but we dont have a QB...
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:
1.) Robert Quinn (de/olb) pass rush monster.

Not a huge fan of him, I think he's overrated.

Originally posted by rk1642:
3.) Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams or Ras-I-Dowling (cb) these guys are excellent db's and can start at corner for us right away.

No way they last that long

Originally posted by rk1642:
4a.) Colin Kaepernick (qb) our future qb - has the measurables and the tools if developed.

He is not a good QB

Originally posted by rk1642:
We also pickup a starting WR and OG in FA.

Okay...who? The free agent market for WRs and OGs is pretty slim, and you seem to think we'll get FA starters at these positions.

I don't like this mock.


Thats okay that you don't like the mock but give a few details if you don't mind.

Quinn is not overrated and all the boards I've seen have him in the top 10 and is a big need for us.

I've seen some of his play this season, 3 or 4 games and lot of highlight videos (that makes me an expert, right?). I just really never saw anything that great, it seems like he benefits from the great defense around him. I think he's a good player, just not top 10 material.

Just my personal opinion though, the general consensus seems to be that he's elite.

Originally posted by rk1642:
One of those db's will be there in the 1st part of the 3rd as this draft is heavy in cb's.

We've got the 12th pick in the 3rd round, not the 7th. I don't know, I just don't feel like they'll drop that far. But players never go where you expect them to (Darnell Bing anyone?)

Originally posted by rk1642:
I think Colin Kaepernick can be a very good qb in the NFL with the right coaching. He had great numbers in college, has size, quickness/speed of foot, with above average arm strength. What makes you say he's not a good qb?


With the WCO, the biggest thing we need in a QB is accuracy. He seems good in the other areas, but not at the most important one for us.

Originally posted by rk1642:
The FA market for wr's is not slim and I'd like Sydney Rice or Mike Walker Sims.

Those guys are the #1 targets on their respective teams, you think their teams are gonna let them go?
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:
1.) Robert Quinn (de/olb) pass rush monster.

Not a huge fan of him, I think he's overrated.

Originally posted by rk1642:
3.) Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams or Ras-I-Dowling (cb) these guys are excellent db's and can start at corner for us right away.

No way they last that long

Originally posted by rk1642:
4a.) Colin Kaepernick (qb) our future qb - has the measurables and the tools if developed.

He is not a good QB

Originally posted by rk1642:
We also pickup a starting WR and OG in FA.

Okay...who? The free agent market for WRs and OGs is pretty slim, and you seem to think we'll get FA starters at these positions.

I don't like this mock.


Thats okay that you don't like the mock but give a few details if you don't mind.

Quinn is not overrated and all the boards I've seen have him in the top 10 and is a big need for us.

I've seen some of his play this season, 3 or 4 games and lot of highlight videos (that makes me an expert, right?). I just really never saw anything that great, it seems like he benefits from the great defense around him. I think he's a good player, just not top 10 material.

Just my personal opinion though, the general consensus seems to be that he's elite.

Originally posted by rk1642:
One of those db's will be there in the 1st part of the 3rd as this draft is heavy in cb's.

We've got the 12th pick in the 3rd round, not the 7th. I don't know, I just don't feel like they'll drop that far. But players never go where you expect them to (Darnell Bing anyone?)

Originally posted by rk1642:
I think Colin Kaepernick can be a very good qb in the NFL with the right coaching. He had great numbers in college, has size, quickness/speed of foot, with above average arm strength. What makes you say he's not a good qb?


With the WCO, the biggest thing we need in a QB is accuracy. He seems good in the other areas, but not at the most important one for us.

Originally posted by rk1642:
The FA market for wr's is not slim and I'd like Sydney Rice or Mike Walker Sims.

Those guys are the #1 targets on their respective teams, you think their teams are gonna let them go?

Good points.

Here is my list of cb's that I think go in rounds 1-3:
Prince, Peterson, Smith, Burton, House, Harris, Williams, Brown, Dowling and Patrick. I think one of these guys falls to us in the 3rd but could be wrong.

I don't know about Colin for sure but I think he's accurate enough from the games I saw. I like his ability to move and make plays. I really think Jim can coach him up but one never knows for sure. I just don't think any of this years qb's in the draft warrent a #7 grade and thus I pick one up in a later round.

I don't think they franchise those wr's so I think we have a good shot if we want to pay the price for them.

Its gonna be a fun draft for sure.
IDK how you could of seen Quinn play, since he was suspended/kicked off team tis past yr.
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:


Quinn is not overrated and all the boards I've seen have him in the top 10 and is a big need for us.

I've seen some of his play this season, 3 or 4 games and lot of highlight videos (that makes me an expert, right?). I just really never saw anything that great, it seems like he benefits from the great defense around him. I think he's a good player, just not top 10 material.

Just my personal opinion though, the general consensus seems to be that he's elite.

I'm calling BS here as Quinn did not play at all in 2010... so, no, you did not see any of his games this year.
Colin Kaepernick makes Alex Smith look like an accurate passer so if he is on our team I would want it to be as a WR. He didn't break 60% in completion % til this year in a gimmick offense with teams daring him to pass because of how dangerous he is with his legs and their awesome running game. I have also seen him play in person, and in the games I have seen if he starts struggling with passes it snowballs and he will struggle the rest of the game. He is a competitor but not the even keel guy you want your QB to be. I have seen him have outburst on the sidelines as well when the team is struggling. JH said he is a humble guy in his press conference. Let's just hope he doesn't overate his ability to develop QBs and try to take on projects than are lost causes. IMHO, Kaepernick is a lost cause at the QB position.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Colin Kaepernick makes Alex Smith look like an accurate passer so if he is on our team I would want it to be as a WR. He didn't break 60% in completion % til this year in a gimmick offense with teams daring him to pass because of how dangerous he is with his legs and their awesome running game. I have also seen him play in person, and in the games I have seen if he starts struggling with passes it snowballs and he will struggle the rest of the game. He is a competitor but not the even keel guy you want your QB to be. I have seen him have outburst on the sidelines as well when the team is struggling. JH said he is a humble guy in his press conference. Let's just hope he doesn't overate his ability to develop QBs and try to take on projects than are lost causes. IMHO, Kaepernick is a lost cause at the QB position.

As a Boise St fan who watches a lot of WAC football, including Nevada, I agree 100%. One of the better players in college football but his game does not translate at all to the NFL. Similar to Pat White.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
IDK how you could of seen Quinn play, since he was suspended/kicked off team tis past yr.

You're right. I don't know who the hell I was watching then.

Well I guess I've only seen the highlight videos, which I guess isn't enough to form a good opinion. So...carry on.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by statman:
Originally posted by rk1642:


Quinn is not overrated and all the boards I've seen have him in the top 10 and is a big need for us.

I've seen some of his play this season, 3 or 4 games and lot of highlight videos (that makes me an expert, right?). I just really never saw anything that great, it seems like he benefits from the great defense around him. I think he's a good player, just not top 10 material.

Just my personal opinion though, the general consensus seems to be that he's elite.

I'm calling BS here as Quinn did not play at all in 2010... so, no, you did not see any of his games this year.

ouch
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I would actually love Quinn if he's there but we dont have a QB...

Yeah, I know but I think Jim either keeps Alex as a starter for a year or two while the qb he picks in this years draft sits and learns the playbook or he goes FA. I don't think there is a FA qb thats worth much but he may go that route if he thinks Alex is damaged goods. In any event, he can solidify the D for years with a solid D draft and slowly build the WCO up over a couple of years.
Don`t see Aldon Smith falling to our 2nd, will go before that IMO.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Don`t see Aldon Smith falling to our 2nd, will go before that IMO.

This. No way Aldon Smith is there in the 2nd round. What's even funny is listing Moch as an alternate option.

One guy is a top 20 pick the other guy will be lucky to go in the 3rd round.