LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

MadDog49er Mid-January Mock Draft with Niners' Full Draft

Like it a lot.

Certainly the concept of it, whether or not I fully agree with exact picks due to possible other options or availability.

Love the Havili and Acho picks, as well as going CB in the first and QB in the second.

If Peterson goes earlier, which is very possible, I'd still be thrilled with Prince Amukamara in round 1.

And as to which QB, I'm more a Stanzi/Ponder guy right now, but I trust Harbaugh to find his man and target him early, so round 2 seems right.

Hopefully we get lucky and a round 1 prospects has a Claussen like day and falls to us in round 2.

Regardless of the exact pick, I really dig the overall strategy of this draft and hope our front office is thinking along similar lines.
I like this draft a lot. I'm really iffy on the top of the draft QB prospects this year, with the last such time being the year we took Alex Smith at #1. Cam Newton may be a star, but more than likely he'll end up like Vince Young. The second round might be too high for Dalton, at least at the beginning of the second round, but eventually the 49ers will have to reach to grab a QB. While there are no definitive first round guys, the 49ers still need to find someone whom they think could grow into the role. After watching Dalton in the Rose Bowl, I really like what he offers at the position. Could he be our Colt McCoy?

One other issue that MAY affect the draft is if the new CBA is signed and includes a rookie salary scale. I feel that this notion of taking DT's over CB's early in round 1 is a by-product of the massive spikes in salary that occur with early selections. If a salary scale is introduced, do you think it'd have an affect on the positions teams look to draft for at the top of round 1?
Good mock! I'm not sold on taking a QB in the second as there will be some good OLB/DE/NT available. Solifying the D would be my first step this year as Harbaugh will have quite a bit of work to do with the O. Finding out which OLinemen need to go (due to intellect or ?) and finding a starting QB will be a major project. Don't know much about Dalton but isn't he likely to be there in the 3rd?

I would also like to see a quick, gamebreaker at WR on your list. There are several that will be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
Love it, would be very happy with Dalton in the 2nd, like him over Stanzi aswell.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
LOL @ those 2 qb's in top 5. Both of which were relative unknowns last year. NEVA GONNA HAPPEN! Teams don't draft 1yr wonders (not even that wonderful of a yr in Gabberts case) on qb's from spread systems in the top 5.

• titan
  • Veteran
Very realistic draft and a pretty good possibility it may happen.
MD, you talk a lot about Gabbert. Can you break that down a bit more. How good of a prospect is he? what's his ceiling?
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I'd be very happy with this draft.

Hope you're right about Peterson, MD. Seems like a special talent.

This
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
LOL @ those 2 qb's in top 5. Both of which were relative unknowns last year. NEVA GONNA HAPPEN! Teams don't draft 1yr wonders (not even that wonderful of a yr in Gabberts case) on qb's from spread systems in the top 5.

Great mock MD.....realistic too. Wouldn't complain at all if it played out this way.

Just curious though...

If Peterson and Dalton were not there, who would be your second choices for picks number 7 and number 45 (second round)?

For example, would you take QB Devlin if Dalton were gone by then?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This along with some nice additions in free agency would be awesome

Nnamdi and woodley (please football god's) and I'll be a happy man!!!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I'd be very happy with this draft.

Hope you're right about Peterson, MD. Seems like a special talent.

This

I'm on this bandwagon
I hope we pick up a 5th round QB like McElroy to develop as a backup. We got rid of Nate the Great so the fans need Our Boy McElroy.
I would be very happy if this scenario unfolds.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Jan 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone