There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Post Harbaugh Mock Offseason

Alright guys, Im only doing 4 rounds
HC- Harbaugh, no s**t.
OC- Bill Musgrave, Falcons' QB coach. Harbaugh will still call plays.
DC- Vic Fangio

3-4 Defense. Move Dixon to a WCO FB type player

FA Resignings- Takeo Spikes, McDonald, Lawson, Baas, Westbrook, Restructure Nate

Cuts/ Players who walk-
Alex
Troy
Carr
Paris Hiltonson
Goldson
Franklin
Sims and Wragge and Rachel Ray

FA Signings- James Jones WR, Paul Solai NT, Kamerion Wimbley OLB, Matt Hasselbeck QB, Dennis Dixon QB

Draft
1st- Prince Amukamara CB
2nd- Jeremy Beal OLB
3rd- Greg Little WR
4th- Pat Devlin QB
4th- Derrick Locke RB/WR

Conclusion: Hasselbeck will be the day 1 starter with Dixon as the 2nd. Devlin will be the developmental project pick who I see as a good WCO QB for the future.
Solai will replace Franklin and Wimbley will be the starting OLB across from Lawson, who will split time with Beal. Jones will start across from Crabtree. Locke is the exciting pick IMO. He is that lightning quick RB we want as a change of pace, and can catch passes too.
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:49 PM ]
Any thoughts guys?
I would be a little worried about our NT situation going into the season but I like almost everything about this offseason. If you replaced Devlin with Stanzi, that would be awesome
Originally posted by niner4life21:
HC- Harbaugh, no s**t.
DC- Vic Fangio

FA Resignings- Takeo Spikes, McDonald, Lawson, Baas, Westbrook, Restructure Nate

Cuts/ Players who walk-
Alex
Troy
Carr
Paris Hiltonson
Goldson
Franklin

FA Signings- James Jones WR, Paul Solai NT, Kamerion Wimbley OLB, Matt Hasselbeck QB, Dennis Dixon QB

Draft
1st- Prince Amukamara CB
2nd- Jeremy Beal OLB
3rd- Greg Little WR
4th- Pat Devlin QB
4th- Derrick Locke RB/WR

Conclusion: Hasselbeck will be the day 1 starter with Dixon as the 2nd. Devlin will be the developmental project pick who I see as a good WCO QB for the future.
Solai will replace Franklin and Wimbley will be the starting OLB across from Lawson, who will split time with Beal. Jones will start across from Crabtree. Locke is the exciting pick IMO. He is that lightning quick RB we want as a change of pace, and can catch passes too.

I don't think the names I italicized will play out the way you think. My guess is that we pick up Andy Dalton instead of Pat Devlin. Lawson is out of here, probably to a team that plays a 4-3 defense. And I'm not sure whether we lose Franklin or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
HC- Harbaugh, no s**t.
DC- Vic Fangio

Cuts/ Players who walk-
Alex
Troy
Carr
Paris Hiltonson
Goldson
Franklin

Draft
1st- Prince Amukamara CB
2nd- Jeremy Beal OLB
3rd- Greg Little WR
4th- Pat Devlin QB
4th- Derrick Locke RB/WR

I'll kind of a go after each spot a little bit.

OC - Harbaugh is probably bring in a Stanford staffer, Greg Roman to become the "oc". This of course is pending Stanford offers to his former staff.
DC - Same principle is applied, likely Fangio like you say.

Defense will stay 3-4 of course as you said.

RB/FB -- We very likely could be looking at a new backfield pending Gore's health next year. Would rather go with Nate Bynham at FB or draft Stanley Havali or Mercilic if Gore isn't healthy.

FA signing -
NT - We will probably draft a young NT and let Franklin walk. RJF in no way an immediate starter would rather we brought in a young guy to compete with him.
WR - A lot of Packer fans don't like James Jones. He has been dubbed James "Big Drop" Jones. Not really my liking if a guy hasn't shaken that nickname 4 years into his career. My family is from Wisconsin so I consider my Packer news pretty legit.
LB - I don't know Wimbley so I won't assess this. I've seen a lot of mocks with us getting Casey Matthews of Oregon, Clay Matthews' younger brother, as a backup for Lawson.
QB - I really dig the Dennis Dixon idea, I started a thread about this actually. If we don't want to trade for Johnson I have a feeling we will be signing Dixon.
Hasselbeck earned a "seattle forever" contract with his performance last weekend. He will backup whoever they have next year.

Draft
1 - Amukamara is who I have been saying we need to draft all along.
2 - I don't see us going LB this early. That is why I pointed out the Matthews pick, he is a 3-5 rounder and we have a higher priority at DE if we let Haraalson walk.
3 - I might have slipped on the Greg Little news but we will have a better chance getting our hands on Armon Binns at this point.
4 - I like Devlin but honestly see Dalton as our late round QB if we don't bite on Locker or Newton.
4 - We should be addressing our need for a NT at this point. If I'm not mistaken Sione Fua was projected as 3-4th rounder. Jerrelle Powe could even fall to the 3-4th range based on his age

I'm a Utah guy and have to make this pitch, if we draft a DE in the first we should take Brandon Burton of Utah if he falls into round 2. Great press coverage guy, needs a little hip work.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
Not bad at all.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I would be a little worried about our NT situation going into the season but I like almost everything about this offseason. If you replaced Devlin with Stanzi, that would be awesome

Yeah..I'm torn between Devlin, Stanzi, and Dalton. I honestly like all of them. I was about to take Devlin out and replace him with Dalton, but I just left him there for a 'new' mock.

Solai is a really good NT. Miami's defense is very good, so I think he will be a pretty good replacement for Franklin. I was also considering Santana Moss over James Jones, but he's a bit older. I'd love to have Moss though b/c of how quick he is and how good he is after the catch. He would really fit in well into our new offense.

Keep your eyes on Locke though....Check out the vid and look at his speeeeeeed at :32.
What's with the jones everyone has for Jones? He drops balls ansd we already have receivers that do that. Locke intrigues me. I'd love to have a burner like that for a change. When's the last time we had a player with that kind of football speed? That's "football speed", not track speed, before anyone brings up Hill or Vernon.
id like to see dennis dixon challenge hasselbeck for starting qb. i think he is going to be a fine starter someday
Why are you resigning Westbrook if you are drafting a speed RB int eh 4th. There is no need for 4rb's on the roster. Plus Westbrook is on the wrong side of 30. i would take Dalton over Devlin. Everything else I can ride with.

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
What's with the jones everyone has for Jones? He drops balls ansd we already have receivers that do that. Locke intrigues me. I'd love to have a burner like that for a change. When's the last time we had a player with that kind of football speed? That's "football speed", not track speed, before anyone brings up Hill or Vernon.

anybody that played for Harbaugh at SJS is all of the sudden a great NFL player. See Josh Johnson thread in free agency.
You let 3 o-linemen walk and don't replace them?
Originally posted by miked1978:

yeah I didn't even peep that. that really just sunk this mock
Hassleback= washed up. Dennis dixon= wr/wildcat. nither one of these two are worth wasteing our time NEXT!! Man lets go get byron leftwhich to!!!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

No way in Hell the Niner's cut Baas lose after he showed he could play the C spot, and no way in hell they cut Sims lose after doing a good enough job filling in for Staley.

And Hasselbeck? Harbaugh ain't gonna bring in a A QB who is injury prone. Not going to happen.

Originally posted by Blitz:

No way in Hell the Niner's cut Baas lose after he showed he could play the C spot, and no way in hell they cut Sims lose after doing a good enough job filling in for Staley.

And Hasselbeck? Harbaugh ain't gonna bring in a A QB who is injury prone. Not going to happen.

LOL, my bad guys. I was really sleepy when I was doing this and I mainly focused on the first 4 rounds of the draft.

And I did say we resign Baas. The Sims cut had more to do with age. Last year, he did a GREAT job filling in for Staley. You noticed this year, his play went down. Rachel sucks. We'll draft some OL late in the draft as backup and we still have Boone.

As for Westbrook, I now see why that was a bad resigning. No need for him if we have Gore, Dixon as FB/RB, and Locke.

Regarding Hasselback, I just don't think there's a whole bunch of other options who are gonna be here. Kolb and Orton probably won't get traded, although I like Orton. McNabb and Vince Young are intriguing but we'll see what happens.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home