LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

WR Young, Tolliver and Maehl

I really been impressed with these three WRs; Titus Young, Terrence Tolliver and Jeff Maehl. I watched a lot f college games and I wouldn't mind having one of these Wrs fort eh 49ers.
I personally like Terrance Tolliver out of those 3
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Seeing how Baalke just barely drafted Kyle Williams last season I doubt they will go after Young unless we are going to switch to multiple speedy WR sets.

Maehl falls under that same category, could be a good possession WR but I think Crabs will falls under that category already, if not Morgan. I do personally hope that we move Morgan this off season either for another pick or maybe for the QB spot.

Toliver's size is very impressive but he would need to bulk up, being 6-5 and only 203 is a little too slim for if you ask me.

Also you are forgetting another middle/late round WR prospect in Armon Binns 6-3 205 from Cinncy. He was their main offensive weapon in an otherwise bad season. In the two years he has started, each year with a different QB, Tony Pike last year and I think he even had to catch passes from two QBs this year.
YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2009 61 888 14.6 81 11
2010 75 1101 14.7 62 10
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM ]
Jeff Maehl is from Paradise, Ca. not too far from Chico. The last time we passed on a guy from the 530 he turned out to be a top 5 qb!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Jeff Maehl is from Paradise, Ca. not too far from Chico. The last time we passed on a guy from the 530 he turned out to be a top 5 qb!

That isn't really relevant to this situation. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you flipped Smith's and Rodger's picks and gave Smith 2 years behind Farve and put Rodgers behing our O-line and all the coaching changes, we would all be whining "Why didn't they draft Smith instead?!?!?" /rant. No more QB talk in this thread.
I like what I saw from Maehl last night in the championship game.

If he can be had later in the draft I'm all for it. He reminded me of guys like Jordy Nelson, Lance Moore and Johnny Knox (who I wanted us to draft!).

Our WR group still needs improving. A late round guy with potential to be a dangerous slot is exactly what we need, IMO.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

If he can be had later in the draft I'm all for it. He reminded me of guys like Jordy Nelson, Lance Moore and Johnny Knox (who I wanted us to draft!).

Our WR group still needs improving. A late round guy with potential to be a dangerous slot is exactly what we need, IMO.

Maehl had a good game last night, he usually drops a lot of balls tho
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Well, judging by your username you'd know better than me. But still, if you're getting a WR in the 5th round 'flashes of good' is about the best you can expect.
All of 'em are tempting picks as they are all good in different areas. I think Harbaugh will completely maximize the potential of Crab, Ginn and Morgan. Still wanna see what Williams is all about. Think it's time for Ziggy to go.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:
All of 'em are tempting picks as they are all good in different areas. I think Harbaugh will completely maximize the potential of Crab, Ginn and Morgan. Still wanna see what Williams is all about. Think it's time for Ziggy to go.

should have kept J. Hill on the roster instead of him.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Well, judging by your username you'd know better than me. But still, if you're getting a WR in the 5th round 'flashes of good' is about the best you can expect.

No i agree with you, I would love to give him a chance. He is a good route runner and a GREAT down field blocker on runs (every WR on our team is excellent). He isn't a speed burner but definitely is fast enough for the league.

Its just having good hands is key to being a WR in this league and I'm not sure he's got them
Share 49ersWebzone