There are 172 users in the forums

Mock Draft Numero Uno *revised*

This is my first mock draft, NOT my dream off season. I tried to be as probable as I could.
Nuff said.

GM: Trent Baalke
Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh
Offensice Coordinator: Bill Callahan
Defensive Coordinator: Vic Fangio

Niners not re-signed or released:
Alex Smith
Abryo Franklin
David Carr
Nate Celements
Manny Lawson (I really want him to stay but I think he'll go lookin for a new oppportunity and more money, I hope im wrong)
Demetric Evans
Barry Sims
Nate Davis
Curtis Taylor

Anyone not mentioned will be resigned.

FA Aquisitions:
CB Nnamdi Asomugha (This is HUGE, he's already in the bay, he would LOVE to play in a defense with P-Willy who I believe is the key to N.A.'s aquisition)
QB Kyle Orton (Traded for a 4th, tebow will be their qb next year)
OT Ryan Harris
LB David Harris

2011 NFL Draft:
1) CB Prince Amukamara
2) QB Pat Delvin (I still believe the niners could go after Luck in 2012)
3) NT Jerrell Powe
4) BPA from this point on, targeting ol, big wr, dl, ilb.

Accomplished:
1) Our qb position is refreshed. I think Orton doesnt need to be amazing, we have a lot of threats that can make him look great. We'll have an accurate QB for Harbaugh to mold/study. If he sees something he can use in him we'll keep him, or else delegate him to 3rd string and try like hell to draft luck. Smith could be a #2 if Delvin is too far behind in the learning process.

2) The secondary would be scary. Our defense could be a top 5 if we could sneak in a pass rusher somewhere. I dont think well make a big splash in free agency for one; our focus will be QB and CB.

3) Our line will have a year under their belts, Staley will be back, and Orton could bring along his OT (Harris). Our line would be solid.

Our agreesive offense and defense will control the West for years to come...The Niners are back baby!!!
[ Edited by 49swaggER on Jan 10, 2011 at 11:06 PM ]
Orton's not a free agent and Nnamdi will most likely go to a playoff team. Also McDaniels runs an entirely different offense than Harbaugh, he will not coach here. I don't see why David Harris would leave the Jets(a playoff team in the biggest city in America) to come play 2nd place to Willis?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Orton's not a free agent and Nnamdi will most likely go to a playoff team. Also McDaniels runs an entirely different offense than Harbaugh, he will not coach here. I don't see why David Harris would leave the Jets(a playoff team in the biggest city in America) to come play 2nd place to Willis?

party pooper
Originally posted by modninerfan:

party pooper

I didnt even think bout the offense mcdaniels runs. your right on that. Ill change that in my next mock. Nnamdi will see the potential here. How many teams made it to the playoffs last year that arent in it this year? Simply picking a playoff team doesnt guarantee youll be in the playoffs next year. And i was thinking/hoping david harris could play next to willis, not as a backup. spikes i believe would return as a back up to both willis and harris.
[ Edited by 49swaggER on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM ]

Stop making sense!!!
i would love for this to happen but nhamdi and david harris seem highly unlikely. And why do we need Ryan Harris when we have Staley and Davis?
[ Edited by TO_THE_HOUSE on Jan 10, 2011 at 11:53 PM ]
david harris never really had a breakout year. he is hidden behind all the big names in NY so a switch to SF he would be more known and with seeing the success of takeo he could still have a huge impact. idk what he would do either but i do like the guy
With the addition of Davis seems we should release an inside linebacker.
Share 49ersWebzone