There are 327 users in the forums

Owen Marecic (FB - Stanford)

I think it's pretty much a lock that we'll (try to) draft this guy. FB is somewhat of a need for us, and he's Harbaugh's guy.

Marecic also just won the Paul Hornung Award, awarded to the most versatile player in NCAA football.

What do you think about spending a 4th or 5th on him?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by statman:
I think it's pretty much a lock that we'll (try to) draft this guy. FB is somewhat of a need for us, and he's Harbaugh's guy.

Marecic also just won the Paul Hornung Award, awarded to the most versatile player in NCAA football.

What do you think about spending a 4th or 5th on him?

I don't know if he is a pure FB that we need but I'm okay if we drafted him. His type of player is exactly what we should be looking at.
ahhh I think hes a good player but a little overated for the praise that he gets. A little too small for a NFL fullback but he could bulk up. I say save the pick and convert Dixon into a FB/HB type role.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
ahhh I think hes a good player but a little overated for the praise that he gets. A little too small for a NFL fullback but he could bulk up. I say save the pick and convert Dixon into a FB/HB type role.

i like the idea of switching Dixon into a FB.
I remember they saying he was a Jr. in the Orange bowl, though it says he is a Sr. on their website. I would not want to spend more than one of our 6th or 7th round choices on him though
Originally posted by eastbay49er:

No way! Right now he has a great combination of size and speed. If you make Dixon bulk up to be an effective FB he won't be the same runner.

I like the idea of draft Marecic, but leave Dixon where he is.
he's a smart & versatile player, better watch out that Belichick doesn't get him first. he loves players like this.

I don't think Dixon has he mentality to be a FB tbh, they have to have that desire to smash people in the mouth and I thought one of his main criticisms from the coaches was that he did not put he head down and try and hit people.

I don't think Dixon has he mentality to be a FB tbh, they have to have that desire to smash people in the mouth. Wasn't one one of his main criticisms from the coaches was that he did not put he head down and try and hit people?
[ Edited by kunged on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM ]

If you're a 5th rd pick or lower, I don't think you can be overrated. He truly is the "Rathman" type FB/HB that we need. He would be ideal with either Gore, Westbrook or Dixon. Right now, we don't have one.

Oddly enough, he will be a priority, IMO.

Is Juhuu Caulcrick still on our PS?

6-7th round
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM ]
There's no denying the kids got heart.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Is Juhuu Caulcrick still on our PS?

No I believe we released him. I was upset about that. I really liked Caulcrick.
no more FB's for this team.
Share 49ersWebzone