LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

ABs and jreff22's latest top 20 mock

CB Patrick Peterson, LSU And WR A.J. Green, Georgia If they are gone the top. Then We should trade down and Grab to RB Mark Ingram,Alabama!
why does arizona go after green i understand he has great talent but theyre pass rush and qb situation is worse than ours and those are our weakpoints of the team
At the very least there seems to be some thought behind it. Nice job. I'm hoping we grab a free agent caretaker QB for a year and develope a 2nd or 3rd rounder for the future.
You have a number of QB's going very high...what is your logic there?
I like that you have Buffalo passing on a qb. They don't need to reach for one, and Fitzpatrick is good enough for now that they can focus on fixing that horrible defense.

But why is Cincinnati taking Mallett? If Palmer is staying I don't see the point of that, at least not that high. I'm not sure what's going on with the Bengals, but they could use help on defense or even on a receiver.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I promise, that was exactly the way I was thinking for the top 6 picks. Peterson or Amukamara look like the obvious picks for Denver, but IMO I really think they'll work on their front seven. And I was also thinking Cincy might just surprise everyone and take a QB high again, I've heard there are a lot of impatient fans out there in Cincy.

And definitely would select Peterson over Gabbert.
I can't see the Bengals passing up on AJ Green, they need a #1 now.

Arizona I can't see taking a WR this high, they have Fitzgerald and need to give him a new gigantic contract plus several younger guys. I see Mallet or Gabbert as more likely for them. They have to take a QB.

Robert Quinn, not sure how his medical checks are going to affect his draft. He had a brain tumor removed a couple years ago and is lucky to be alive.

Like the rest of the picks.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM ]
Honestly, I think you guys are starting with the premise that you want Peterson to fall to us and then filling in the rest.

There is simply no way AZ takes a WR that high, and AJ Green is better than both CB's. At least one of the CB's will go in the top five, especially if Luck really fails to enter this year.
Nice job. But I doubt peterson falls to us at 7. Why would Denver pass him up?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Nice job. But I doubt peterson falls to us at 7. Why would Denver pass him up?

Because their front seven (excluding Dumerville) is horrible.

Since Mallet is gone, Peterson doesnt upset me at all. He fits both a need and BPA argument. I just dont think they would pass up Newton. Im sure every scout n HC knew his skill set at Florida before he went to Blinn then to Auburn. He has shown the ability to digest 3 different offenses and excell. Add that with his arm, accuracy and mobility it could be a real hard choice for a GM to make.

I would like to ask if it was hard for you guys to pick Peterson over a QB or Amukamara?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
as people know myself and justin run a draft website together, so this was our latest mock for the 2011 draft, top 20 only, as playoffs and spotting are set we will update.

for now this is out top 20 from yesterday. Before games started.

Below is the latest Top 20 mock for the 2011 draft.

1. Carolina - DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama why not fairley?

2. Denver - DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson still bowers if dareus still available?

3. Buffalo - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn ok

4. Cincinnati - QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

5. Arizona - WR A.J. Green, Georgia is this bpa?

6. Cleveland - OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina ok

7. San Francisco - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU ok

8. Tennessee - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

9. Dallas - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

10. Washington - QB Cam Newton, Auburn why not locker?

11. Houston - DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State anything defensive but an ilb :D

12. Minnesota - QB Jake Locker, Washington

13. Detroit - OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State OH YEAH, it's time...BUT their pass protections was improved.

14. St. Louis - WR Julio Jones, Alabama ok

15. Miami - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama ok...could it be a QB instead?

16. Jacksonville - WR Justin Blackmon, Okklahoma State is it bpa??? b/c their sec could need some upgrades iirc.

17. New England(f/Oakland) - DE Marvin Austin, North Carolina

18. San Diego - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M ok

19. New York Giants - OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

20. Tampa Bay - DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue ok
could i get some answers plz
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Robert Quinn, not sure how his medical checks are going to affect his draft. He had a brain tumor removed a couple years ago and is lucky to be alive.

Like the rest of the picks.

Quinn's tumor was benign not an astrocytoma/glioblastoma. He is fine. The only risk is if the tumor regrew and caused hydrcephaleus again and he needed a VP shunt, that would end his career. His life was never at risk.
I'm sorry but Dareus #1 is just absurd. I highly doubt Peterson is available when we're up...if he is, he's the pick. If not, I like Amakamura just as much. It's ultimately up to what Harbaugh thinks of this QB class and how FA shakes down. He could take ANY of these guys and mold them. But...if we land someone like Kolb...we could pick up a late round guy to groom. Depending on how the QB situation shake down, CB and PASS RUSH ablsolutely MUST be addressed.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why does arizona go after green i understand he has great talent but theyre pass rush and qb situation is worse than ours and those are our weakpoints of the team

My reasoning when we did this...

Whiz lost all his chips when Warner left town. Furthermore the departure of many of their starters made the situation even worse. Statistically the worst unit on that team was the O, 31st passing-32nd rushing. I like Fitz but I'm not sure how long he will be patient on this team. His contract is up after 2011 and If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season. They could use another WR to take some of the heat of Fitz and Breaston isn't scaring DB's like Boldin did. Green would make an impact from the start and would be a good insurance policy if Fitz does leave for a better situation.

Also I think Whiz may want to see what he has in Skelton and Hall. Granted he may go after a new QB but even that kid will have some issues as well. The easiest way to make the O better is to add a weapon that can hurt a D.

Also BPA never hurts and Green is ranked very high.
Share 49ersWebzone