There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

Originally posted by castrellon12:
With the 7th Pick in the 2nd round the 49ers select Andy Dalton TCU!!!!! hELL yeah!!!

Can you provide a link to the trade we made with the Titans, since they hold this pick?

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Mar 11, 2011 at 11:56:02 ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by castrellon12:
With the 7th Pick in the 2nd round the 49ers select Andy Dalton TCU!!!!! hELL yeah!!!

Can you provide a link to the trade we made with the Titans, since they hold this pick?

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Jim Harbaugh loves accuracy... @caplannfl Report on Andy Dalton's pro day: Went 49-52 by one source's account, 2 incompletions were drops.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I've been on Dalton for a while. He and Ponder are interchangable to me and the 2 QBs I'd want in this draft. All he did was win and played best on the biggest stage. Both are Texas boys, so it's all good either way.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Dalton is a great value 3rd rounder. Might take a year to adjust to the NFL, but he is more ready than a LOT of bigger-named guys.

He is one of my favorite players in this draft, from a value perspective, and I think the Niners should wait for a QB like Dalton later in the draft than take a risk in the first. Just too many solid positional players who could help our team a lot at number seven.

Looks like Harbaugh agrees with you.

looks like i agree with you.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I've been on Dalton for a while. He and Ponder are interchangable to me and the 2 QBs I'd want in this draft. All he did was win and played best on the biggest stage. Both are Texas boys, so it's all good either way.

Where are you in Texas..Houston guy here. I'm with you on these guys. Although I would put Ponder slightly ahead of Dalton..Wouldnt mind ending up with either.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Where are you in Texas..Houston guy here. I'm with you on these guys. Although I would put Ponder slightly ahead of Dalton..Wouldnt mind ending up with either.

Austin.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Austin.

best place to live in tx...austin
I really like this kid but now that he had a good pro day, we might have to move up to the end of the 1st round to secure him.
It's possible it'd require a trade up in the 2nd to get Dalton.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

to the beginning of the 2nd or near the end?

I don't know, seems like Gabbert and Newton will definitely go in the 1st. Maybe one of Mallet and Locker does too. Say 3 are taken in the 1st, does Dalton go before Mallet or Locker? Or do those 4 go in the 1st?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

to the beginning of the 2nd or near the end?

I don't know, seems like Gabbert and Newton will definitely go in the 1st. Maybe one of Mallet and Locker does too. Say 3 are taken in the 1st, does Dalton go before Mallet or Locker? Or do those 4 go in the 1st?

It's hard to say what order the 2nd round QB's will go, but I think at least three (with a great chance of four) QB's will go in the first. Those being Gabbert, Newton, Locker, and Mallet. I think someone might trade back into the 1st to get Mallet/Locker.

After that, yes it's plausible if we want Dalton we might have to trade ahead in the 2nd. We don't know what the teams ahead of us are thinking but if we want to get who desire most, we'll have to make a move. Dalton, Kaepernick, and Ponder are likely to go by the second. Look at how many teams need a QB that are drafting in the top half of each round.

Carolina, Buffalo (I add them because it's more for an insurance. I think they're happy with Fitz), Cincy, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Miami, and Jacksonville (to a lesser extent, but still need someone behind Garrard).
i think dalton will be there when we pick in the 2nd.
I love the kid. Love his attitude, love his arm, love his intangibles, love that he's a ginger, and love that he's a winner.

Only thing i wanna see (wish we had a video of his pro day, anyone?) is if he improved on his drops from center. I wanna see 5 and 7 step drops. If he can do that, man oh man.
Andy Dalton performs well at TCU's pro day

Quote:
Updated Mar 11, 2011 3:50 PM ET
Former TCU quarterback Andy Dalton shined during the school’s pro day on Friday.

Dalton, according to one personnel source on hand, went 49-for-52, and two of the incompletions were drops. Pro day performances shouldn’t be overvalued because they are a small part of the process, but he did quite well.

On one throw, he rolled out right and completed a 60-yard pass on the run, which is important when evaluating at his arm strength. The one legitimate knock on Dalton is his perceived lack of ideal arm strength. However, there are certain times when he has shown better than expected power on his throws.

During last month’s NFL Scouting Combine, Dalton connected on a few deeper sideline throws of more than 40 yards.

During this year’s Rose Bowl game against the University of Wisconsin, Dalton made several solid power throws, which opened some eyes of several personnel evaluators.

A source confirmed Dalton has upcoming private workouts scheduled with the Chicago Bears (March 17), Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns (next week) and New England Patriots.

He’s also expected to visit the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee Titans among the teams that want to bring him in for a closer look.