There are 191 users in the forums

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Dalton is who I want. Which means we're not getting him.

You also "wanted" Nate Davis to start.
Originally posted by Lockout:

So did I
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Brady Henderson of 710ESPN Seattle quotes Trent Dilfer as saying Andy Dalton will be a first-round draft choice and a candidate for the Seahawks at No. 25 if available then.

Dilfer: "I can't tell you how much Aaron Rodgers I see in Andy Dalton. They have tremendously quick releases, they can throw from multiple foot platforms, meaning they can be off balance, very aggressive by nature, (they can) extend the play, and they understand the value of a completion. I think that's one of the biggest things in evaluating a quarterback that goes unnoticed is which guys understand the value of completing the football. It doesn't have to be glamorous all the time, but they're going to get a completion, they're going to move the chains and they're going to get completions in the biggest moments of games. That's what I see with Andy Dalton. If there's one guy in this draft -- if I was coaching -- that I would want to coach, it's Andy Dalton."

- Mike Sando

The more that I learn about Dalton, the more I like him. I think he'll be a very good NFL quarterback.
I really think Harbaugh will make the necessary moves to get the QB he wants. I don't see him reaching into the 1st, but I can see him moving up in the second. Maybe with NE. You know they're always up for trading down and acquiring more picks.

Baalke would be the one making the moves and he's shown a willingness to move up to grab the player he wants. I think we could try to move up to the early 20's if Harbaugh and Baalke like Dalton and they think Seattle would take him at 25.
Be aggressive be be aggressive
Originally posted by teeohh:
Be aggressive be be aggressive

B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E

PBM?

PBM?

Can someone please explain what in the hell a PBM is?

Seems like a copout response when posters get reminded that their analysis has been faulty in the past.

PBM?

Seems like a copout response when posters get reminded that their analysis has been faulty in the past.
potential boyfriend material
Originally posted by valrod33:

PBM?

potential boyfriend material

Sorry, I'm already taken with Ricky Stanzi.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Chief:
I think our second pick will be between Kap and Dalton. It'll be interesting. I think Dalton is the better and much more polished of the two, but Kap's ceiling is intriguing. My guess is that We'll draft Dalton.

I wouldn't touch Kap until round 3 or later.

He'll probably go earlier though.

If Dalton is there in the 2nd I would be happy with the pick, if we take Kap with our 2nd rounder I will be pissed!
I think our second pick will be between Kap and Dalton. It'll be interesting. I think Dalton is the better and much more polished of the two, but Kap's ceiling is intriguing. My guess is that We'll draft Dalton.

I wouldn't touch Kap until round 3 or later.

He'll probably go earlier though.

If Dalton is there in the 2nd I would be happy with the pick, if we take Kap with our 2nd rounder I will be pissed!

Agreed. I have a feeling we'll reach for a QB somewhere in the draft. I just hope it's not at #7. I'd be happy w/ Dalton, Stanzi, or Ponder with our 2nd pick though!
bring on the ginger kid!!!
ya, u know there is everything to like about Ginger... but I saw his Mooch smack down interview on NFL NW and he was not all that sharp and I think Jimmy likes em a little more mentally quick than this... luv him, great kid, but not totally convinced he is our guy
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Quote:
Brady Henderson of 710ESPN Seattle quotes Trent Dilfer as saying Andy Dalton will be a first-round draft choice and a candidate for the Seahawks at No. 25 if available then.

Dilfer: "I can't tell you how much Aaron Rodgers I see in Andy Dalton. They have tremendously quick releases, they can throw from multiple foot platforms, meaning they can be off balance, very aggressive by nature, (they can) extend the play, and they understand the value of a completion. I think that's one of the biggest things in evaluating a quarterback that goes unnoticed is which guys understand the value of completing the football. It doesn't have to be glamorous all the time, but they're going to get a completion, they're going to move the chains and they're going to get completions in the biggest moments of games. That's what I see with Andy Dalton. If there's one guy in this draft -- if I was coaching -- that I would want to coach, it's Andy Dalton."

- Mike Sando

The more that I learn about Dalton, the more I like him. I think he'll be a very good NFL quarterback.

I respect Dilfer as a player, but I disagree with him a lot on his opinions over the past year or so as a pundit.

I just can't see Newton, Gabbert, Mallet, Stanzi, Dalton, Ponder, and Locker all going in the first 40 picks...which is what a lot of mocks have right now.
Share 49ersWebzone