LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

Shoot
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Andy Dalton - QB - Player

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer believes that TCU quarterback Andy Dalton will be a first-round pick in April's draft.
Just keep in mind that Dilfer thought Sam Bradford would be a bust. "One of the reasons why he hasn't generated as much momentum and hype is because what personnel and coaches do at this time of the year when they've kind of settled on who they want, they're going to shut up about that guy," said Dilfer. "You'll hear a lot of good stuff about (Ryan) Mallett in the next couple weeks because they want to use him as a smoke screen." Added Dilfer, "I will not be wrong here. ... I'll be shocked if I'm wrong. Andy Dalton will be taken in the first round."
Source: 710 ESPN Seattle
Mar 24, 9:47 AM

I'm not saying he's completely off on this one, but I doubt a team will trade back into the 1st for Dalton. The price will be too steep. BTW, Dilfer is an idiot. People act like he was some brilliant QB. He was nothing more than a career backup, who likes to make bold claims about the position. He'll go down as the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl.
Dalton is who I want. Which means we're not getting him.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I'm starting to believe the same thing now, too
As much as I like Andy Dalton, I don't see him getting past Cincinnati in the 2nd round. The Bengals can come out with AJ Green and Andy Dalton in the first two rounds.

I guess that leaves us with Colin Kaepernick and Ricky Stanzi.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

unless we trade up i think we are gonna end up with Stanzi, which i dont mind

Mallett, Gabbert, Newton, Ponder, Kaepernick, Dalton and Locker will all be gone before we pick in the 2nd. I dont believe we are gonna draft a QB at 7
As much as I like Andy Dalton, I don't see him getting past Cincinnati in the 2nd round. The Bengals can come out with AJ Green and Andy Dalton in the first two rounds.

we pick too far down in the second to grab him. If he makes it past Cincy, he won't make it past AZ.

we pick too far down in the second to grab him. If he makes it past Cincy, he won't make it past AZ.

Yea it sucks that we pick 13th in the 2nd round. Cincy, AZ, Tennessee, Washington, and Minny are all ahead of us and will be looking at QB.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Mallett, Gabbert, Newton, Ponder, Kaepernick, Dalton and Locker will all be gone before we pick in the 2nd. I dont believe we are gonna draft a QB at 7

Like I told Syber, it looks like we won't see any of them in the 2nd. But you're right about Stanzi. I wouldn't mind him at all.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Dalton is who i want as well but we are going to have to trade for somebody. Either the cba gets fixed and more teams sign their vets or there will be a frenzy of QB picking in the draft. We however are more desperate than most teams. we can still trade draft picks and picks from next year. i know its crazy but what else can we do. i think we keep the 7 pick and trade maybe next years 1st with some extra's to grab whatever QB they need to grab. it sucks but we have limited choices.

I think Dalton will be a terrific pro QB, and I grade him as the second best QB in this draft. That being said, I would be shocked if he goes in the first.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Andy Dalton - QB - Player

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer believes that TCU quarterback Andy Dalton will be a first-round pick in April's draft.
Just keep in mind that Dilfer thought Sam Bradford would be a bust. "One of the reasons why he hasn't generated as much momentum and hype is because what personnel and coaches do at this time of the year when they've kind of settled on who they want, they're going to shut up about that guy," said Dilfer. "You'll hear a lot of good stuff about (Ryan) Mallett in the next couple weeks because they want to use him as a smoke screen." Added Dilfer, "I will not be wrong here. ... I'll be shocked if I'm wrong. Andy Dalton will be taken in the first round."
Source: 710 ESPN Seattle
Mar 24, 9:47 AM

Dilfer gushes about everybody not named Bradford. lol, Trent thinks my grandmother's footwork is exceptional and scouts should be salivating at the chance to draft her as a game changer.
I really think Harbaugh will make the necessary moves to get the QB he wants. I don't see him reaching into the 1st, but I can see him moving up in the second. Maybe with NE. You know they're always up for trading down and acquiring more picks.
Quote:
Brady Henderson of 710ESPN Seattle quotes Trent Dilfer as saying Andy Dalton will be a first-round draft choice and a candidate for the Seahawks at No. 25 if available then.

Dilfer: "I can't tell you how much Aaron Rodgers I see in Andy Dalton. They have tremendously quick releases, they can throw from multiple foot platforms, meaning they can be off balance, very aggressive by nature, (they can) extend the play, and they understand the value of a completion. I think that's one of the biggest things in evaluating a quarterback that goes unnoticed is which guys understand the value of completing the football. It doesn't have to be glamorous all the time, but they're going to get a completion, they're going to move the chains and they're going to get completions in the biggest moments of games. That's what I see with Andy Dalton. If there's one guy in this draft -- if I was coaching -- that I would want to coach, it's Andy Dalton."

- Mike Sando
s**t just got real
Share 49ersWebzone