LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Would love to have this guy, met Dalton personally (and watched Andy play) against SD State in 2009; this dude walks, talks, and plays like a younger Brett Favre.

Not quiet sure the first QB that come to mind when thinking of a young Brett Favre is Andy Dalton
Originally posted by Jcool:
Would love to have this guy, met Dalton personally (and watched Andy play) against SD State in 2009; this dude walks, talks, and plays like a younger Brett Favre.

Not quiet sure the first QB that come to mind when thinking of a young Brett Favre is Andy Dalton

Who would be, in your opinion?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Who would be, in your opinion?

Kevin Kolb is a similar QB to Dalton

[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 19, 2011 at 20:25:29 ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by jones49:
As far as as the non 1st round QB's go, Dalton and Stanzi would be nice 3rd round picks imo.

I prefer to go D with the 1st 2 picks and nab a QB in the 3rd. I would be pleased with either, tho I prefer Dalton to Stanzi.

Agreed but as much as we need to draft a QB...there's not one in this class that I would put $ on as being great.
As far as as the non 1st round QB's go, Dalton and Stanzi would be nice 3rd round picks imo.

I prefer to go D with the 1st 2 picks and nab a QB in the 3rd. I would be pleased with either, tho I prefer Dalton to Stanzi.

Agreed but as much as we need to draft a QB...there's not one in this class that I would put $ on as being great.

Not right away of course. Maybe down the line after holding a clipboard for couple years.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Not right away of course. Maybe down the line after holding a clipboard for couple years.

no one knows who was gonna be good. there are guys chosen early every year that arent as good as guys chosen later. Montana, the greatest QB of them all was a 3rd round pick. im sure theres a beast of a QB in the draft. i like Dalton and wouldnt have a problem with him at all, Kaepernick or however u spell that is good, ponder... theres plenty out there and we have a great QB teacher so whoever we pick will be fine. i hope we go Defense in round one and get our QB in the 2nd.
we are doing a mock at NCH, which i own and run. And I have Buffalo among other teams.

and have Dalton in rd 3, with Dareus and Brooks Reed in 1 and 2.

I love Dalton, and think he can be a very good starter, and at worst a solid backup ala Flynn in GB.
Dalton was just on NFL Total Access. Said he is scheduled to visit the Niners, among other teams.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Dalton was just on NFL Total Access. Said he is scheduled to visit the Niners, among other teams.

I really like Dalton. I think he has all of the intangables along with more than enough physical tools to be very successfull.
I think our second pick will be between Kap and Dalton. It'll be interesting. I think Dalton is the better and much more polished of the two, but Kap's ceiling is intriguing. My guess is that We'll draft Dalton.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
I think our second pick will be between Kap and Dalton. It'll be interesting. I think Dalton is the better and much more polished of the two, but Kap's ceiling is intriguing. My guess is that We'll draft Dalton.

I wouldn't touch Kap until round 3 or later.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Good call.

The ginger speaks
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by strickac:

I wouldn't touch Kap until round 3 or later.

He'll probably go earlier though.
Trent Dilfer is saying that he is the next Aaron Rodgers and not to be surprised if Seattle takes him in the 1st
Andy Dalton - QB - Player

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer believes that TCU quarterback Andy Dalton will be a first-round pick in April's draft.
Just keep in mind that Dilfer thought Sam Bradford would be a bust. "One of the reasons why he hasn't generated as much momentum and hype is because what personnel and coaches do at this time of the year when they've kind of settled on who they want, they're going to shut up about that guy," said Dilfer. "You'll hear a lot of good stuff about (Ryan) Mallett in the next couple weeks because they want to use him as a smoke screen." Added Dilfer, "I will not be wrong here. ... I'll be shocked if I'm wrong. Andy Dalton will be taken in the first round."
Source: 710 ESPN Seattle
Mar 24, 9:47 AM
Share 49ersWebzone