There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Harbaugh is a smart man, he will not tip anything to anyone... So, in the case of Dalton, he is not Harbaugh's choice.

My guess is Harbaugh is gonna go get GABBERT! Trade away a 4th round pick and move up a bit past AZ and get GABBERT.

Him saying something nice about a player doesnt mean he will not draft him... Your reading WAY to much into things.
Harbaugh is a smart man, he will not tip anything to anyone... So, in the case of Dalton, he is not Harbaugh's choice.

My guess is Harbaugh is gonna go get GABBERT! Trade away a 4th round pick and move up a bit past AZ and get GABBERT.

Its going to take a lot more that a 4th to move up in front of AZ (or CIN for that matter). Probably 3rd, 4th, and next years 2nd. Maybe more. But if it leads to landing a franchise QB, I'm in!

He has the slowest wind up ive ever seen
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Dalton may have played himself out of the Niners' hands with his excellent Pro-Day workout the way I see the draft developing.

It appears that the Niners will use their number seven on something other than a corner, unless Prince just blows them away at his workout in Lincoln. That forces the Niners to use their 45th overall to draft a corner, since Clements is pretty much a goner when the CBA ink is dry and we begin to play football.

If Dalton put on an average show, he'd be considered a third rounder, maybe there at 76. Not anymore. With his superb performance, he may go in that mid-late second round area, possibly to a team like the Seahawks at 57. If he drops past the Seahawks, then a likely trade partner may be the Pats at 60, before the third round cycle begins and QB hungry teams attack.

All speculative.

Besides, you act like the 49ers are actually going to use all 10 draft picks. It's called trading. Baalke has shown he's a big believer in trading for players they want.

I am going to trade your continual rudeness with kindness. And, I am going to ask you to address board members politely in the future. Many of the people on this board were here long before you, have a pretty fine track record on the draft, and deserve some respect. You fail to treat many with any form of respect. That is why so many are taking shots at your board.

Onto the comments you made to me: All pre-draft stuff is speculative. Nobody knows how this is going to play out.

Nobody is saying the Niners will keep all 10 picks. If you read my statement, I said the Niners may need to trade back up into the second round to get their QB. However, the team may feel the price is too costly.
Dalton is the qb I want
In the end, I think we should trade down and try to land with our second pick, one of the following: Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Mallet (unlikely to be there though), or with our 3rd rounder Stanzi.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Dalton may have played himself out of the Niners' hands with his excellent Pro-Day workout the way I see the draft developing.

It appears that the Niners will use their number seven on something other than a corner, unless Prince just blows them away at his workout in Lincoln. That forces the Niners to use their 45th overall to draft a corner, since Clements is pretty much a goner when the CBA ink is dry and we begin to play football.

If Dalton put on an average show, he'd be considered a third rounder, maybe there at 76. Not anymore. With his superb performance, he may go in that mid-late second round area, possibly to a team like the Seahawks at 57. If he drops past the Seahawks, then a likely trade partner may be the Pats at 60, before the third round cycle begins and QB hungry teams attack.

All speculative.

Besides, you act like the 49ers are actually going to use all 10 draft picks. It's called trading. Baalke has shown he's a big believer in trading for players they want.

I am going to trade your continual rudeness with kindness. And, I am going to ask you to address board members politely in the future. Many of the people on this board were here long before you, have a pretty fine track record on the draft, and deserve some respect. You fail to treat many with any form of respect. That is why so many are taking shots at your board.

Onto the comments you made to me: All pre-draft stuff is speculative. Nobody knows how this is going to play out.

Nobody is saying the Niners will keep all 10 picks. If you read my statement, I said the Niners may need to trade back up into the second round to get their QB. However, the team may feel the price is too costly.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In the end, I think we should trade down and try to land with our second pick, one of the following: Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Mallet (unlikely to be there though), or with our 3rd rounder Stanzi.

I would be most pleased with this strategy if it did land the Niners with the QB they most value. The DL/OLB talent this year seems to be very deep. Some excellent CBs (e.g., Smith) are targeted for later also. Some judicious dealing could easily net the Niners very good talent in all three positions (OLB/DE, CB and QB) over the first two rounds.

The problem is identifying and closing a trade with the right partner. Baalke would really have to earn his keep here. Possibly the Patriots; they have too many picks which they cannot realistically utilize effectively. It may behoove them to move up for an "elite" talent.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

I would be most pleased with this strategy if it did land the Niners with the QB they most value. The DL/OLB talent this year seems to be very deep. Some excellent CBs (e.g., Smith) are targeted for later also. Some judicious dealing could easily net the Niners very good talent in all three positions (OLB/DE, CB and QB) over the first two rounds.

The problem is identifying and closing a trade with the right partner. Baalke would really have to earn his keep here. Possibly the Patriots; they have too many picks which they cannot realistically utilize effectively. It may behoove them to move up for an "elite" talent.

Their first second rounder would be sweet
Originally posted by teeohh:

Niners 1st (#7) and 5th (#138), total points = 1,537

for

Patriot's first 1st (#17) and first 2nd (#33), total points = 1530

That would be soooo sweet!

The Niners could kill it with the #17, #33 and #45 picks.

I would love for this to happen.

for

I don't want to make any trade with the Pats. Trades they are involved in also includes a dumb or desperate team and that dumb team won't be them.

[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 16, 2011 at 13:07:22 ]
Gabbert looks like Fabios love child.
Originally posted by Joecool:

for

I don't want to make any trade with the Pats. Trades they are involved in also includes a dumb or desperate team and that dumb team won't be them.

I just outlined the parameters of the trade . . . either the Patriots agree to do it or they don't.

Point is, do you like the looks of this trade, or not? Meaning three picks in the top 45 versus two. By dropping down 10 picks in the first. That's what has to be looked at rather than who the trading partner is.

Or are you suggesting that ANY trade with the Patriots is, ipso facto, bad? Meaning, if it were with any other team, the trade would be OK, but if it's the Patriots, the same trade would automatically become "no good"? Because, frankly, there's not a whole lot of thinking going on behind that proposition.
Would love to have this guy, met Dalton personally (and watched Andy play) against SD State in 2009; this dude walks, talks, and plays like a younger Brett Favre.