There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Interesting QB new rankings

Found this very interesting. A quarterback ranking for the upcoming draft that differs quite a bit from prevailing opinions. Maybe ponder in the 2nd for us?

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/1/8/1922218/nfl-draft-rating-the-quarterback-prospects

Rank Name Year Total

1 Christian Ponder SNR 87
2 Pat Devlin SNR 82
3 T.J. Yates SNR 78.5
3 Andrew Luck SPH 78.5
5 Ricky Stanzi SNR 78
6 Andy Dalton SNR 77
6 Greg McElroy SNR 77
8 Kellen Moore JNR 76
9 Ryan Mallett JNR 69.5
10 Taylor Potts SNR 66
11 Jake Locker SNR 64.5
12 Colin Kaepernick SNR 64
13 Tyrod Taylor SNR 62
14 Nick Foles JNR 61
15 Scott Tolzien SNR 59
15 Cam Newton JNR 59
17 Nathan Enderle SNR 49
18 Jerrod Johnson SNR 48
19 Blaine Gabbert JNR 42.5
Who is the guy preparing this? What are his background and expertise to draw this conclusions? A lot goes into the evaluation of a QB bedides his stats, I will trust my new HC better than a Pats fan.
Ponder and Devlin over Luck?? Get real.

Ponder has a jacked up throwing elbow and consistancy issues. Until his arm is cleared by the docs, I think people will be scared off. He had no arm strength in his bowl game. Healing is going to be his biggest hurdle.
Ponder > Luck?

No way.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Ponder > Luck?

No way.

I don't agree with the rankings and not sure how exactly the guy comes to those conclusions but the rankings aren't who will be the better QB.

It's who is more NFL ready.

I still think Luck would be able to have success similar to Bradford and is more NFL ready than Ponder or any other qb on that list but it's a different view on the situation.

I think it's kind of silly though as experience aka years playing clearly distorts the results of the rankings.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,447
Originally posted by strickac:
Ponder and Devlin over Luck?? Get real.

Ponder has a jacked up throwing elbow and consistancy issues. Until his arm is cleared by the docs, I think people will be scared off. He had no arm strength in his bowl game. Healing is going to be his biggest hurdle.

lol and cam newton the 15th ranked qb when he led or was 2nd in hella categories and won the hiesman as a qb lol. f**k this guys list.
wow the QB that might be the first one taken in this draft is on the bottom of the list. interesting.
Are you guys even reading the article or just looking at the list?

It's essentially just grading them on experience/NFL readiness.

NOT potential or who will be the best in the long run.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
wow the QB that might be the first one taken in this draft is on the bottom of the list. interesting.

The consensus is that he could go #1, but is by no means NFL ready. Now, I am not sure he is the list ready.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by strickac:
Ponder and Devlin over Luck?? Get real.

Ponder has a jacked up throwing elbow and consistancy issues. Until his arm is cleared by the docs, I think people will be scared off. He had no arm strength in his bowl game. Healing is going to be his biggest hurdle.

lol and cam newton the 15th ranked qb when he led or was 2nd in hella categories and won the hiesman as a qb lol. f**k this guys list.

He's pretty close IMO I don't see much difference between newton or kapernick. Oh sorry there's on thing the team that's around them. Newton has NFL talent al around him. Just another Akili smith/Jamarcus russel
I deal in statistics all day, everyday.

Even I am smart enough to figure out that you can't compare apples to oranges.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Who is the guy preparing this? What are his background and expertise to draw this conclusions? A lot goes into the evaluation of a QB bedides his stats, I will trust my new HC better than a Pats fan.

Well the pats no what talent looks like considering they make the playoffs every year!!!
My top two QBs are guys not comming out Luck&Kellen Moore.
Originally posted by 2cents:
Found this very interesting. A quarterback ranking for the upcoming draft that differs quite a bit from prevailing opinions. Maybe ponder in the 2nd for us?

That's what I'm hoping/praying for. Dude is sick and as long as he can get healthy he might end up being the best of the bunch now that Luck is staying in school...