There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricky Stanzi versus Blaine Gabb

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Watching some of Gabbert and even some of his highlights I just don't know what people are seeing? He doesn't even look that accurate on highlights... Stanzi is more accurate albeit with a less strong arm than Gabbert. I get that Gabbert is big and strong and has a real big arm. But I'm not sold yet. He may turn out well. It seems far from a sure thing.

lol dude the other day you said the exact opposite about gabbert

i think you just like attention

NO. "I will say this"...... Gabbert is big. 6'5" 240 lbs. and he has a real strong arm. He can throw a long way. He's a pretty good athlete. I just don't personally see it from an accuracy standpoint when you watch him. But I think somebody will pick him high.

lol i still dont understand the accuracy concern
I have a co-worker on the east coast that watched a lot of Missouri and he said that Blaine Gabbert won't work out in the pros. He told me that his work ethic is questionable, his conditioning wasn't great starting the season, and his accuracy was an issue. He told me that he'd get picked higher than he should because of his size and arm, but also said that Chase Daniel was a better overall QB only that his size wasn't what NFL teams looked for.

I'd still rather wait and select Stanzi in the 2nd.

[ Edited by SF69ers on Jan 7, 2011 at 09:01:22 ]
Originally posted by KingCrab15:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I agree. I don't see him as first round material either because of all the things I listed. If anything Stanzi should go before him but I wouldn't use our 7th overall to get Stanzi because I think he is late 1st round or 2nd round material.I think Blaine should go as early as the 3rd round. We could use that to trade up for Peterson or draft Prince.

LMAO You might be the only person thinking Stanzi has 1st rd potential. Just because he is in a pro style offense doesnt make him any good. 7 good games this year doesnt wipe out year after year of suck with this guy. Plays like Alex Smith throws like Ken Dorsey.

Well im saying he should go before Blaine and if Blaine is going top 10 like analyst are saying then Ricky should at least go late 1st or second. He actually doesn't turn the ball over like Alex so i don't no how he plays like him. 25 to 6 is a great ratio. Ultimately I'm saying that he's better than Blaine and should go before him. And I know just because he plays in a pro style offense but that's a big plus. What if Andrew Luck was in a spread? Where do u think he would go?

Alex did not turn the ball over in college either. Senior year was 32 TDs to 4 Ints. and 67.5%. Just saying you need to be careful projecting. Most of the mocks I have been tracking have Gabbert moving up, but I agree with those who see him settling back down unless he's lights out at the combine or bowls.

PS Edit--Gabbert had 16 TDs and 9 Ints his senior year--63.7%. Stanzi had 25 TDs and 6 Ints--64.7%

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 7, 2011 at 09:23:31 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I agree. I don't see him as first round material either because of all the things I listed. If anything Stanzi should go before him but I wouldn't use our 7th overall to get Stanzi because I think he is late 1st round or 2nd round material.I think Blaine should go as early as the 3rd round. We could use that to trade up for Peterson or draft Prince.

LMAO You might be the only person thinking Stanzi has 1st rd potential. Just because he is in a pro style offense doesnt make him any good. 7 good games this year doesnt wipe out year after year of suck with this guy. Plays like Alex Smith throws like Ken Dorsey.

Well im saying he should go before Blaine and if Blaine is going top 10 like analyst are saying then Ricky should at least go late 1st or second. He actually doesn't turn the ball over like Alex so i don't no how he plays like him. 25 to 6 is a great ratio. Ultimately I'm saying that he's better than Blaine and should go before him. And I know just because he plays in a pro style offense but that's a big plus. What if Andrew Luck was in a spread? Where do u think he would go?

Alex did not turn the ball over in college either. Senior year was 32 TDs to 4 Ints. and 67.5%. Just saying you need to be careful projecting. Most of the mocks I have been tracking have Gabbert moving up, but I agree with those who see him settling back down unless he's lights out at the combine or bowls.

Judgment day will come for Gabbert the day NFL Scouts get to watch him work out under center. If he looks uncomfortable there, I bet that would really hurt his stock and possibly fall to the middle of the 1st round where Tennessee could pick him up.
Well Joe Montana never had a strong arm, but he had a great coach in Bill Walsh & Walsh's Offensive System. Now, that we just picked up Jim Harbaugh as our Head Coach who could work/coach of bettering QB's . I believe he could coach up Ricky Stanzi, since Andrew Luck decided to stay back in school.
Watching some of Gabbert and even some of his highlights I just don't know what people are seeing? He doesn't even look that accurate on highlights... Stanzi is more accurate albeit with a less strong arm than Gabbert. I get that Gabbert is big and strong and has a real big arm. But I'm not sold yet. He may turn out well. It seems far from a sure thing.

NO. "I will say this"...... Gabbert is big. 6'5" 240 lbs. and he has a real strong arm. He can throw a long way. He's a pretty good athlete. I just don't personally see it from an accuracy standpoint when you watch him. But I think somebody will pick him high.

I don't see a lot of pin point accuracy with him. He is big and has a big arm. I wouldn't call him super accurate.

I don't see a lot of pin point accuracy with him. He is big and has a big arm. I wouldn't call him super accurate.

SD here is something we agree on. I dont buy the hype on gabbert he is not a 1st day pick if you ask me.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:

SD here is something we agree on. I dont buy the hype on gabbert he is not a 1st day pick if you ask me.

I like a lot about him. And if anybody could develop him it would be Harbaugh. But I just don't see the accuracy in games or even highlights.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Stanzi is the most overrated draft eligible QB on this board. This one isn't even close.

HEYYYYYYYYYYY WE GOTTA WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen a more true statement in a minute

Again, how is Stanzi the most overrated QB here???

Exactly to be overrated you have to be rated high first of all. And hes projected like 6th round. So if anything hes underrated.

Overrated on this board. Some of you think he's a better QB than Locker, Mallett, and Gabbert

I think he has potential to be better than them. Maybe not Mallett but definitely Locker and Gabbert.

You just demonstrated his point about Stanzi being massively overrated on this board. I don't believe he is worth a draft pick personally. Not ahead of other late draft options... Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Enderle, and Scott Tolzien among them.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:

Big, mobile, very strong arm. That's all that is necessary to be a 1st day QB pick. I'm far from sold on Gabbert, but I get why he's getting the hype he is.
BLAINE. MOTHERf**kING. GABBERT.

This is just out of HIGHSCHOOL.

Im sure you could find one of Jimmy Clausen right out of HIGHSCOOL

Gabbert just a big arm and I wouldn't want him in the 1st. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd. Dude is mentally immature.