There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1.3.11 Mock Draft

Assuming no trades or big time free agents

Head Coach: J. Harbaugh
I think the money the NFL can offer plus the ability to stay in California will be the tipping points that dissuade him away from choosing Michigan.

First Round Ryan Mallet QB Ark

Has experience, accuracy and a big arm. Health and mobility questions though.

Second Round Von Miller DE Texas A&M

Non stop motor, has experience playing as a rush backer in 3-4 sets or could bulk up to book end with J. Smith in a 4-3 scheme.

Third Round Brandon Burton CB Utah

Emerging corner that has good speed and can tackle, hopefully able to get some reps as a nickle in his rookie year.

Fourth Round Austin Pettis WR Boise

A WR that you could count on to make plays at the college level. His 40 time will cause him to drop but has excellent hands and good route running ability.

Fourth Round Chris Boling OG Georgia

Coming off an ankle injury and will move inside at the next level. Big physical guy who can push and hopefully replace Rachal.

Fifth Round Chris Culliver CB/FS USC

A big factor in the return game, has speed and quickness but injury concerns his senior year. Could be a great weapon in the return game allowing us to not use T. Ginn while he develops into a possible FS for us.

Sixth Round Alex Linnenkohl C OSU

Depth at center is key, hopefully can crack the practice squad

Sixth Round Charles Brown CB UNC

Was suspended for 2010. I think the perfect place to spend a late round pick on a guy that has talent but couldn't stay out of trouble.

Seventh Round Baron Batch RB TTU

High character athlete who is smart can pick up blitzes and has great hands. Good body to have on the team if Gore isn't 100% when the season resumes.

Seventh Round Kai Forbath K UCLA

All-American place kicker, Nedney is getting older and Kai can be a replacement option if necessary. Has a great leg.
I think you're being VERY optimistic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Von Miller will never make it to the 2nd round.
Pretty sure Von Miller will go in the 1st Round!
Miller is the 2nd would be great but not sure he will be there.

[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 3, 2011 at 09:01:18 ]
Don't like Mallet at 7. Would rather have Amukamara or Peterson.
NIce realistic draft.. .
Not a fan of Miller, but the rest is decent.
I could only wish for these first 5 rounds. My goal here is QB, DE, DB and get some depth in WR and Rb position. This league is a passing league and need to improve on both sides.

Rd.1 Peterson/ Prince/ DE Adrian Clayborn
Rd.2 QB Ricky Stanzi, Andy Dalton, Greg McElroy, Chris Ponder
Rd.3 DE Greg Romeus/ DB Rashad Carmichael/ DE Pernell McPhee
Rd.4 RB Kendall Hunter/Nic Grigsby/Darel Scott / WR Titus Young
Rd.5 WR Ryan Whalen/Terrence Toliver/Detron Lewis
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
I could only wish for these first 5 rounds. My goal here is QB, DE, DB and get some depth in WR and Rb position. This league is a passing league and need to improve on both sides.

Rd.1 Peterson/ Prince/ DE Adrian Clayborn
Rd.2 QB Ricky Stanzi, Andy Dalton, Greg McElroy, Chris PonderRd.3 DE Greg Romeus/ DB Rashad Carmichael/ DE Pernell McPhee
Rd.4 RB Kendall Hunter/Nic Grigsby/Darel Scott / WR Titus Young
Rd.5 WR Ryan Whalen/Terrence Toliver/Detron Lewis

These guys, could all be had way later
pretty good mock but I cant see us picking Mallet over Prince
hoping to get von miller in the second is like hoping to trade up to #1 for luck....we all want it but it isnt going to happen
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
hoping to get von miller in the second is like hoping to trade up to #1 for luck....we all want it but it isnt going to happen

Not true...there's a chance we can trade up for #1, it would just cost about 2 full drafts worth. I really don't see Miller dropping to our 2nd round pick unless he runs a 5.2 or rapes someone before the draft.
Originally posted by genus49:
I think you're being VERY optimistic.

Agreed.

Miller is the top OLB of this class. He is a first round lock, barring injury, and one of the highest rated players on every scout's boards. Burton is also very much expected to go in the 2nd, but I'll give some leeway because he could fall slightly and barely make it to the 3rd.

The rest are okay, but Miller in the 2nd just will not happen.
Why so high on Miller? Does anyone really think he has the power to cut back in on NFL OTs? All he does is use his blazing speed to run around blocks. Is he not also a poor run defender that struggles to disengage from blocks?

Looks like a situational pass rusher to me... not a 1st rounder.

Where am I wrong here?