LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Von Miller is a must in Rd 1

This guy won the BUTKUS this year and plays in the 3-4 as an outside linebacker.
He has 10 sacks with a game left to play (2 sacks against the SOONERS)

Von Miller + Patrick Willis =

This is the next SHAWN MERRIMAN!!!

Tired of seeing opposing quaterbacks throw for 300 yds against our pathetic pass rush???

Tired of seeing Lawson and Haralson locked up in the arms of an O-TACKLE??

Than draft VON MILLER!!!

Miller is pretty good but I'd be worried about him keeping up that level of play in the NFL with his small frame. Comparing him to Merriman is silly. Shawne was a beast. Miller is like 240 lbs.

I'd much rather draft Robert Quinn.

[ Edited by genus49 on Jan 2, 2011 at 18:15:08 ]
Miller is probably a second round pick.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He's too skinny like Manny Lawson.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I'm sure if he's there at the end of the first the Pats will grab him, even tho they do have the 33rd pick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

I'm sure if he's there at the end of the first the Pats will grab him, even tho they do have the 33rd pick.

They also own the raiders pick..........f**king Pats!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Miller is pretty good but I'd be worried about him keeping up that level of play in the NFL with his small frame. Comparing him to Merriman is silly. Shawne was a beast. Miller is like 240 lbs.

I'd much rather draft Robert Quinn.

The guy is supposed to be 6ft 3, your making him sound like a midget. I don't think 6-3 and 240 or so pounds is small for a OLB

I dunno if this means anything as it is so early in the process but Kiper had him in his top 12 overall in a ESPN "on the clock special" last week
People are scared of his size, just like they were with Dumervil. Someone will scoop him up later in the first and he'll be a steal for them.
Originally posted by strickac:
People are scared of his size, just like they were with Dumervil. Someone will scoop him up later in the first and he'll be a steal for them.
he is more of a manny lawson then elvis dumervil. Yes I agree he is a better passrusher but he is tall and skinny, he is 6'3 240. Elvis is 5'11 250 something there is a big difference.

• jimrat
  • Veteran

Dumervil is not even 6 ft and Miller is 6-3
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
he is more of a manny lawson then elvis dumervil. Yes I agree he is a better passrusher but he is tall and skinny, he is 6'3 240. Elvis is 5'11 250 something there is a big difference.

Lawson played DE in college and never played OLB while Miller played LB the whole time..........
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Lawson played DE in college and never played OLB while Miller played LB the whole time..........

this.

also, Miller won the freakin BUTKUS award. Manny hasn't won anything since winning the spelling bee in 5th grade!!!!

[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Jan 2, 2011 at 18:51:34 ]

No, my point is that people let measurables scare them off. These guys are elite pass rushers and dominated their competition. Yet, because their body isn't ideal, they assume their game won't translate to the next level.

Pass rushing is a skill that some people just excel at naturally. We tend to draft DEs that project well at OLB, with the assumption that they can be taught to become effective pass rushers; however, it an extremely difficult skill to learn. Doesn't seem easier to teach a natural pass rusher to stand up than it is to teach a natural OLB to become a pass rusher?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

this.

also, Miller won the freakin BUTKUS award. Manny hasn't won anything since winning the spelling bee in 5th grade!!!!

I for one am not a draft expert but s**t man...........Cmon Man!
Share 49ersWebzone