LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

49ers pick 7th!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
What would we have picked if we lost today?

5th

Not a huge loss then. I was hoping it wasn't like 10 or something.
Originally posted by DominantQE:
no coin toss?

Don't know how to read? The same question has been asked at least five times.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
It looks to me like the following may be available and BPA at 7:

Prince Amakamura
Marcel Dareus
Nick Fairley

Top 5 Locks:
Andrew Luck
Patrick Peterson
AJ Green

Likely Gone:
Cam Newton
Ryan Mallett

Possible but not very likely at all
Blaine Gabbert
Julio Jones
Adrian Clayborne

Don't forget about Blaine Gabbert.

Fixed!
What would we have picked if we lost today?

5th

Not a huge loss then. I was hoping it wasn't like 10 or something.

Yeah everything went as well as we could possibly have hoped for.
CB please! Our D is getting torched too often. Trade for a #1 QB, draft our future #1 in a later round.
CB all the way.
Pass rush isn't horrible, we get pressure.
Pass D IS horrible.
He won't drop to 2 with Carolina picking first.
Meaningless win at the end to mess up their draft position. Figures. Just like them.

Draft experts, please work out a realistic scenario where we can trade up from 7 to 1 to get luck!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Meaningless win at the end to mess up their draft position. Figures. Just like them.

We dropped 2 spots. Hardly messing up anything.
At number 7 we definitely will not be lucky enough to get Luck. Unless we trade up he will be gone. This seems like a strong year for QB though. We could always trade down and get one later in the 1st. I know he hasn't had the best of years but it might be nice to get Jake Locker. He would have probably been taken early last year.

Originally posted by Genius1310:
CB please! Our D is getting torched too often. Trade for a #1 QB, draft our future #1 in a later round.
CB all the way.
Pass rush isn't horrible, we get pressure.
Pass D IS horrible.

This team gets little to no pressure against the qb. Picking up a premier passrusher helps out pass defense more than drafting a cb
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Pick a qb or a passrusher please

And if in doubt, err on the side of the passrusher.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
That would be awesome. Who knows, if we get Harbaugh, maybe he can pull some strings and get his boy Luck with a blockbuster trade?

I don't know if that's really the best move honestly. Trading for Luck is going to cost us a bunch of picks in this draft and probably our first rounder next year. I remember everyone was all over Eli Manning, he pulled his stunt and the Chargers got a king's ransom for him. While Luck is better than Manning, my point is that it may not be worth it to trade up for Luck.

I agree. I don't think we should give up this year's picks and next year's picks for an unproven player. I say we trade down and pick up more picks and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round like Stanzi and bring in a veteran QB like Palmer or Orton.

Take a risk! The Giants and Chargers took risks! Got Manning and Rivers! Not bad risks.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
That would be awesome. Who knows, if we get Harbaugh, maybe he can pull some strings and get his boy Luck with a blockbuster trade?

I don't know if that's really the best move honestly. Trading for Luck is going to cost us a bunch of picks in this draft and probably our first rounder next year. I remember everyone was all over Eli Manning, he pulled his stunt and the Chargers got a king's ransom for him. While Luck is better than Manning, my point is that it may not be worth it to trade up for Luck.

I agree. I don't think we should give up this year's picks and next year's picks for an unproven player. I say we trade down and pick up more picks and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round like Stanzi and bring in a veteran QB like Palmer or Orton.

Take a risk! The Giants and Chargers took risks! Got Manning and Rivers! Not bad risks.

Chargers go the better deal and they traded Manning.
Thank You Detroit and Dallas!

Not bad. Not bad...I was set that we were getting the #10 or #11 pick with this win.
Share 49ersWebzone